Yes, allow it 7 17.95%
No, not allowed 32 82.05%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Rule change, sharing rigs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
MODERHATER™

Default Rule change, sharing rigs

There is a proposed rule change coming up and I want to know how you want me to vote on it. It involves rig sharing. More than one person driving one rig. It used to be illegal, but last year it was taken out of the rules. I really don't see a problem with it, but I also see where it could be a problem.

So you tell me Colorado, do you like it or not? Give reasons if you could please.

This one is closing next Tuesday in the Committee so vote now so I can vote.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I say no. It's prerunning, pure and simple.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

If two people are using the same rig to compete then its not a problem in my book. If one person is using more than one rig then yes its prerunning.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Which way do you mean as far as rig sharing Patrick?

Two or more people using one rig?

One person using more than one rig?
Old 11-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
Holdin my 40oz.

I also say no because I feel it is prerunning also. If one guys sees the same rig he is going to run do a course, he gets to see the areas where it struggles and has the opportunity to stratigize an alternate route. Where-as the other guys in the comp dont get that same advantage.
Ralphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

But,,doesnt the same thing happen when two or more XR10's run back to back with different drivers....? Each driver will have a different skill set that allows them to do different things with thier given run.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
More than one person driving one rig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Which way do you mean as far as rig sharing Patrick?

Two or more people using one rig?

One person using more than one rig
More than one person driving the same rig. For instance you run your rig through a course. Then your buddy drives your rig through the same course. Does that make sense? Sorry if I worded it wrong.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
But,,doesnt the same thing happen when two or more XR10's run back to back with different drivers....? Each driver will have a different skill set that allows them to do different things with thier given run.
Not neccessarly, chances of the two being set up the same are pretty slim. Unless they are set up identical then maybe?

I dont like it because of the prerunning factor.
On a local level who cares.
Hoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:29 AM   #9
Holdin my 40oz.

Quote:
Not really...unless they are running identical setups, have the exact amount of oil in their shocks, same foams/tires, etc... The setup's would have to be 100% identical. And that's very unlikely.
This is just my opinion. Now if one guy was to run different tires on the rig when he ran, something as simple as that would change my opinion a little because then he's not running the exact same rig per say.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
More than one person driving the same rig. For instance you run your rig through a course. Then your buddy drives your rig through the same course. Does that make sense? Sorry if I worded it wrong.
See I dont consider that prerunning,,cuz it wouldnt be any different than two rigs set up almost exactly alike or completely alike being run on the same course,,especially when you consider all of the XR10's at the comps now. Look at Tom and becky yesterday at the comp where Becky won. Her and Tom's rigs are very close to identical. She took lines that Tom didnt.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #11
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphy View Post
I also say no because I feel it is prerunning also. If one guys sees the same rig he is going to run do a course, he gets to see the areas where it struggles and has the opportunity to stratigize an alternate route. Where-as the other guys in the comp dont get that same advantage.
Totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppa View Post
Not neccessarly, chances of the two being set up the same are pretty slim. Unless they are set up identical then maybe?

Also agree here.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

I agree with the fellas that it constitutes pre-running, so no sharing. On a local level, if one of the members brings a newbie who doesn't have a rig and would like to try comping for that day, I have no problem with him or her sharing their rig with said newbie.
STEW<CO> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #13
Holdin my 40oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEW View Post
On a local level, if one of the members brings a newbie who doesn't have a rig and would like to try comping for that day, I have no problem with him or her sharing their rig with said newbie.
I totally agree here though, local level sharing of newbs should not be a big deal. Just not sharing between experienced drivers in comps that are qualifiers for Nats, CORCC comps for example.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #14
EXW
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphy View Post
100% agree.

Think of what a national level comp would be like with an entire team running the same rig on the same course, right after each other.
EXW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

well,,there ya go,,so far the answer is NO.

Im personally fine with it either way as two drivers dont usually have the same driving style.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I myself so no as well so it says it in the rules for national comps but at a local level that could be decided day of the comp. I say it like that because that could promote the hobby more. Example being that someones friend is interested but isn't quite sure they will like it and want to try it out first. They end up liking it and go and buy their own and join the fun.
Bigpopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXW View Post
100% agree.

Think of what a national level comp would be like with an entire team running the same rig on the same course, right after each other.
@tbone.. Tom and beckys rigs are set up different. and just bacause two xr10 s are exactly the same then skillset, thought process and nerves On course all comes into play do they wont perform the same.

i feel:
no two competitors allowed to use same rig at a comp. Every competitor should run thier own rig. Its should be defined as pre running. In this instance friends can witness lines and terrain to use at an advantage to gain in a said comp or series standings. So no same rig sharing in same class.

Now if a known newbie comes as a guest of any said competitor and wishes to try and compete in sportsman class then by all Means YES. If comp promoters can buy those round sticky dots and write a Capital N and affix it to the windshield to let it be known rig is being used in two classes. then by all means allow a new driver to run the rig. Great way to Promote our hobby.
jayboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #18
MODERHATER™

This would be for Nationals, and nationals qualifying events. At a local level it would be up to the organizers.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Ich sage nein!
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

no different reasons. At a national level if you plan to compete then you need to have your own crawler.

I also agree at a local level it's ok but I think only in a newbie situation. So as said above if someone brings a friend then I think it's fine so introduce them to the hobby and the comp scene.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote