Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: The Crawl Space Run To The Hills Scaler GTG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 01:00 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default The Crawl Space Run To The Hills Scaler GTG

Ok so this was talked about in another thread and I didn't want to hijack it completely so here is the thread for the Run To The Hills scaler get togethers hosted by The Crawl Space

Rigs: 1.9, 2.2 scalers, rock racers, run what you brung, whatever
Format: informal, follow the leader, possible course set up, whatever floats your boat.

Date: Sunday, September 4th.

Meet up at The Crawl Space. 6429 Miller St. Unit C. Arvada, CO. 80004.
Time: 9-10am.

Attendees will pick/vote on a location and we will caravan/carpool to destination and will be posted on this thread once it's decided.

We would like to find mountain destinations within a resonable driving distance from the meet at up point, 1-2 hours max. so we have some day light to play.

Anyone that can't make the initial meet up time is more than welcome to join us at the location.

Please post up any questions, comments or concerns here and we will address them ASAP.

Tiff and I are new to the scaler aspect of RC crawling and this is out first go at a gtg so please any help or opinions are appreciated
The Crawl Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2011, 02:29 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crawl Space View Post
Ok so this was talked about in another thread and I didn't want to hijack it completely so here is the thread for the Run To The Hills scaler get togethers hosted by The Crawl Space

Rigs: 1.9, 2.2 scalers, rock racers, run what you brung, whatever
Format: informal, follow the leader, possible course set up, whatever floats your boat.

Date: Sunday, September 4th.

Meet up at The Crawl Space. 6429 Miller St. Unit C. Arvada, CO. 80004.
Time: 9-10am.

Attendees will pick/vote on a location and we will caravan/carpool to destination and will be posted on this thread once it's decided.

We would like to find mountain destinations within a resonable driving distance from the meet at up point, 1-2 hours max. so we have some day light to play.

Anyone that can't make the initial meet up time is more than welcome to join us at the location.

Please post up any questions, comments or concerns here and we will address them ASAP.

Tiff and I are new to the scaler aspect of RC crawling and this is out first go at a gtg so please any help or opinions are appreciated
NO COURSES JUST ALL OUT FUN RUN, NO RULES, NO SISSIES, NO HOES, FOLLOW THE LEADER HECKLE FEST...
jayboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:08 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I like tokens idea but if u decide to do a comp type format I suggest timed courses like we had at palmer. You set a random numer of gates a nd everyone starts 30 seconds apart. U run the course forward then head back to the start going through the gates in reverse direction. Its beyond fun. Sunday was my first scale comp like this and I'm hooked.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
I like tokens idea but if u decide to do a comp type format I suggest timed courses like we had at palmer. You set a random numer of gates a nd everyone starts 30 seconds apart. U run the course forward then head back to the start going through the gates in reverse direction. Its beyond fun. Sunday was my first scale comp like this and I'm hooked.
IDE SAY we do a "lets break james' spirit and toys day" make courses to nuke his mantra.. lol juust kidn JAMES BOND... I DONT MIND either way but i was thinkin no holds barred.. but yet again me and tim HEAD case were talkin in person yesterday at his man cave and he said that that scaler format was the most fun he had ina forever, i just thought tho no comp so no breakage, no stress, or you know guys like james gets super duper pooper scooper competive.. just kidn james, im givin u chit.. I DONT CARE DANG IT I JUST WANNA GO SCALING, SWITCHED DAYS OFF SO ITS GOIN DOWN.. BOUGHT MOTORS FROM TIM SO GOTTA GET THE LR3 READY..
Old 08-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:

X2 this was a blast.

I'm out for this one... I'll be in Moab / Area BFE and then Lake Powell area running Hole in the Rock trail. However, scale is where it's at. And I'm in for the next one.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboogie View Post
IDE SAY we do a "lets break james' spirit and toys day" make courses to nuke his mantra.. lol juust kidn JAMES BOND... I DONT MIND either way but i was thinkin no holds barred.. but yet again me and tim HEAD case were talkin in person yesterday at his man cave and he said that that scaler format was the most fun he had ina forever, i just thought tho no comp so no breakage, no stress, or you know guys like james gets super duper pooper scooper competive.. just kidn james, im givin u chit.. I DONT CARE DANG IT I JUST WANNA GO SCALING, SWITCHED DAYS OFF SO ITS GOIN DOWN.. BOUGHT MOTORS FROM TIM SO GOTTA GET THE LR3 READY..
I say we do a little of everything, free for all, follow the leader and courses. Whatever your pleasure , it's all about havin fun in the mountains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
X2 this was a blast.

I'm out for this one... I'll be in Moab / Area BFE and then Lake Powell area running Hole in the Rock trail. However, scale is where it's at. And I'm in for the next one.
Have a blast in Moab
This is the first of hopefully many scale gtg so no one will miss out on the fun. we'll post up dates, when and where as we get everything together.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #7

how about red rocks fpo the location?
b_davis003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:55 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_davis003 View Post
From what I've heard red rocks is private property and a permit or permission must be granted by whatever governing entity is needed to run there but don't quote me on that. I would think if red rocks was "open" all of us would be there everyday. Maybe some more knowledgable people could chime in with proper info to answer your question

Tiff and I have gone to genesee park exit 253 off of I-70 a couple times. It's close to town, bout a 30 min drive and lots of terrain to play on. The area we mainly go to is just west of and below the actual genesee park. Patk benches and restroom facilities are available at the actual park for the ladies and kids that might come along.

I mentioned it to Jayboogie and he's open to it as a destination for this first gtg. I'm open to toss around a destination point and get something set in stone by Friday so we all know where we'll going and plan accordingly.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:55 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I say we do a little of everything, free for all, follow the leader and courses. Whatever your pleasure , it's all about havin fun in the mountains.

Have a blast in Moab
This is the first of hopefully many scale gtg so no one will miss out on the fun. we'll post up dates, when and where as we get everything together.
Follow the leader sounds fun too.

Thanks, love Moab... Should be a sweet time for sure.

Quote:
Red Rocks is a awesome location, however, it is closed, off limits. Jason and Ty have worked really hard to be able to hold a couple of events there a year. Other than that, closed.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
From what I've heard red rocks is private property and a permit or permission must be granted by whatever governing entity is needed to run there but don't quote me on that. I would think if red rocks was "open" all of us would be there everyday. Maybe some more knowledgable people could chime in with proper info to answer your question

Yes, you are correct, private property. Here is more info on it:

red rocks?

Red Rocks = No comps

Still plenty of great locations to play.

Coal Creek is a fun place to run. It's pretty close to, just up CO 72. I know I will not be there for this one. Just throwing out another option.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Still plenty of great locations to play.

Coal Creek is a fun place to run. It's pretty close to, just up CO 72. I know I will not be there for this one. Just throwing out another option.
Right on, thanks for the suggestion. Is there a specific location or mile marker to go to?
Old 08-30-2011, 02:26 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Right on, thanks for the suggestion. Is there a specific location or mile marker to go to?
Coal Creek:

Crawlerado Crawling Atlas

Been up there for a scale gtg, and a couple of times just my boy and I, lots of fun lines. Here are a couple of more pics of the area:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #13
Gettin’ back on the horse

There is a really long and fun trail run at Coal Creek that goes all the way down to the river, across the rail road tracks and back up a different spot.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Right on, thanks for posting pics and info about the long trail
Tiff and I have been to coal creek once with the comp rigs and had a good time. We'll see what everyone wake has to say and we'll change the meet up point accordingly, ie; meet up at the shop for genesee or meet up at like HobbyTown for coal creek
Old 08-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #15

not trying to rain om coal creek our jenn se y but palmer park was awsome last weekend for the scale comp. we NO LIMITS scalers atte down for where ever just not under water because we are not water proof lol. brandon
Old 08-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
not trying to rain om coal creek our jenn se y but palmer park was awsome last weekend for the scale comp. we NO LIMITS scalers atte down for where ever just not under water because we are not water proof lol. brandon

huh......, I read that 3 times and i'm still confused.......almost like reading some of Tokens posts
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #17

almost like reading some of Tokens posts [/QUOTE]

X2, but not Token. jayboogie posts!!!!!!!!!!:lmao :
AARON900RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:50 PM   #18

Quote:
huh......, I read that 3 times and i'm still confused.......almost like reading some of Tokens posts
i was trying to say, not to rain on the idea of coal creek or jenesey but palmer park was awsome. us NO LIMITS guys are going to be there no matter where we go. lol i was in ahurry earlier and it dont help replying from my phone lol.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thats Sheldon's territory so we wouldn't want to step on his toes.

We'll keep it close to home for the first one and see how it goes. We'll get in touch with Sheldon and see what he has to say about getting something together down in the Springs
Old 08-31-2011, 11:02 AM   #20

aaron kiss my @ss fatboy lol.. iz bez talkskin anyzy wayz iz bez wantinz tooz sukka.. lol is that better jerk lol.