Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: No limits mile high terrain takeover, rc scaler challenges & g6 fix 2011/2012

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 12:29 AM   #1

Default No limits mile high terrain takeover, rc scaler challenges & g6 fix 2011/2012

NO LIMITS RC crawlers welcomes one and all to the NO LIMITS MILE HIGH TERRAIN TAKEOVER RC SCALER CHALLENGES AND G6 FIX.
This fun and friendly 8 competition series will be held in the Denver and surrounding areas. We have studied the calendar carfuly to
coincide with other comps. If we have missed or overlooked an event please let us know via p.m. These locations have been picked to make it
cost effective and convenient in our unstable economic times for thoes who may not be able to travel long distances and still want to have local
SCALER FUN!
This series will be open to all 1.9 and 2.2 unlimited scale rigs, reguardless if your rig is bone stock or if it is b@lls to the walls fabricated. All we ask is that you dont run "comp style" tires, but if that is all you own you are more than welcome to run them but be prepaired to incure a 10 point penalty on your series points, for that days comp.
We here at NO LIMITS want to make this as fun and stress free as possible with NO LIMITations! With that said lets have some fun scalers!

The 3rd and the 6th comps will have an optional buy in of $5 with 100% cash payout to 1st place of each class (1.9 & 2.2) If you choose not to buy in you can still compete for your series points but are not eligable to win cash back for these two specific comps. These are the ONLY two comps that are optional cash buy in, all other 6 comps are free with series points awarded.
After the 8th comp we will be having a BBQ get together, This will consist of awarding our sieries winners and handing out prizes to everyone who competed in the series, and we encourage you to bring your familys.

Rules are as follows: Time is your enemy, no penalties for reverses, gates (if a gate is hit just back up and attempt it agian untill cleared clean)
, rollovers, winching or repositions. If you "turtle" (land on your
top and can not upright) you may reposition back to the last progressed gate. Each course will cosist of 12 gates. Be prepaired to run on rock, sand,
dirt, axel deep water, logs, wood, tree traps, bridges and much more. REMEMBER JUST HAVE FUN!

Points system is as follows:
1st= 30 points
2nd= 28 ponits
3rd= 26 points
4th= 24 points
5th= 22 points and so on and so on.

At the end of the series all of these points will be added up to determine the top five winners, Yet again EVERYONE (THAT MEANS YOU) will still recieve runner up prizes.

Schedules, (locations will be posted the Friday night before each event):
#1 Sunday October 30th, 10am at "TWIZTED ROCK"
#2 Sunday November 20th, 10am at "LUTTS PARK"
#3 sunday Novenber 27th, 10am at "CRAZY TRAIN OFF ROAD PARK"(OPTIONAL BUY IN EVENT)
#4 Sunday December 11th, 10am at ""ROSTON PARK"
#5 Sunday january 1st, 10am at "BEAR CREEK PARK"
#6 sunday January 22nd, 10am at "SAPP CREEK" (OPTIONAL BUY IN EVENT)
#7 Sunday February 5th, 10am at "NORTH POLE"
#8 Sunday February 22nd, 10am at "TWIZTED ROCK" (FINAL EVENT)
#9 BBQ and prize giveaway get together as well as a cash shoot out at "NOTTINGHAM FOREST"

* PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THIS SERIES HAS BEEN PUT TOGETHER SO EVERYONE CAN HAVE FUN! ALSO NOTE THAT NO LIMITS RC crawlers, RUFFNECK CRAWLERZ AND ALOT OF O.G. CRAWLERS THROUGHOUT COLORADO HAVE TAKEN A GREAT DEAL OF TIME AND THOUGHT TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN. If you have any comments or concerns please p.m. us to keep thread uncluttered. Thank you very much. We all look forward to seeing and crawling with ALL of you!!

REMEMBER HAVE FUN!!

Last edited by b_davis003; 01-31-2012 at 09:04 PM.
b_davis003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #2

Default weather

There have been a couple of questions about weather, we had talked about this and if it is really bad out for example raining like crazy or a blizzard we will postpone that comp to the end of the series, if it is just cold out we will try to shorten the day by running maybe 1 or 2 courses that way we can keep the schedule in order and rolling yet everyone can still get their points for the series. Look forward to running with you all as usual!!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #3

I will be there! Sounds awesome!
Colohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #4

Looks to be good, come on warm up!! lol.. the "bastard child" rig will be there, got guys hittin me up. Texts goin out to crew and other friends on the scaler side.. come on meltdown.. lol
jayboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #5

Default address/directions for comp #1

"TWIZTED ROCKS" are off of 53rd Ave and Franklin st.

I-25 to 58th ave, go east on 58th ave to Franklin st, turn south (right) on franklin, go to 53rd Ave turn right on 53rd. At the deadend turn left into the National Guard's parking lot. drive to the back of the parking lot you'll see My silverado by the bike path, and just over the bike path you'll see the rocks. We will start at 10am or shortly after. Hope to see you all there! Let me know if you have any questions. thanks Brandon
Old 10-29-2011, 01:23 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I'll do my best to be there for this comp.

Marcus
Draggermirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draggermirage View Post
I'll do my best to be there for this comp.

Marcus
We hope to see you there!
Old 10-30-2011, 04:11 PM   #8

*excellent turnout today.. like 17 rigs?, late comers always WELCOME! nice to see everyone laughing and enjoying the courses and modular skills challenges we scratch built last night and added to the courses that everyone had praise for, THANX to my fellow ruffneck crawlers and the boys at NO LIMITS crawlers, hard work and unique visions worked great together..
CONGRATS to the top time getters, and to all else good job to all, even though my rig was running hot, and i had to bow out, more upgrades coming!!, its was pure fun

* THE HILL CLIMB BONUS for time credit was a pure blast...

THANK YOU AGAIN.. SEE YOU SOON. PICTURES AND VIDEO CLIPS coming soon. BTW WE HAVE A SUPRISE BREWING AT THE END OF SERIES BBQ.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #9

Great comp today! I had a blast! The rocks and sand made for some interesting lines and different driving. Thanks to everyone that came out and made another fun comp to participate in.

Jerry
No limits crew
Old 10-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #10

Default "twizted rocks" results

"TWIZTED ROCKS RESULTS"

PLACE, NAME, COMBINED TIME, BONUS, FINAL TIME, SERIES POINTS

1.9 CLASS
1ST. MARCUS 11:49 -20 SEC. 11:29 30
2ND. RYAN 14:12 -60 SEC. 13:12 28
3RD. BEAU 14:28 -20 SEC. 14:08 26
4TH. KEITH 16:03 -10 SEC. 15:53 24
5TH. RAY 16:49 -10 SEC. 16:39 22
6TH. ZANER 21:32 -20 SEC. 21:12 20
7TH. BIG MIKE 5:19+DNF -00 SEC. 5:19+DNF 18

2.2 CLASS
1ST. MARCUS 5:04 -60 SEC. 4:04 30
2ND. RAY 8:27 -20 SEC. 8:07 28
3RD. JERRY 10:24 -10 SEC. 10:04 26
4TH BRANDON 11:23 -60 SEC. 10:23 24
5TH COLE 11:11 -20 SEC. 10:51 22
6TH SHANE 17:03 -20 SEC. 16:43 20
7TH PAT 22:08 -10 SEC. 21:58 18
8TH TOKEN DNF+1:32 -00 SEC. DNF+1:32 16

THANK YOU AGAIN TO EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT AND THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
I HAD A BLAST AND REALLY GOT TO EXPERIENCE ALOT OF DIFFERENT TERRAIN AND I DO BELIEVE WE "TOOK
IT OVER!" CANT WAIT TILL NEXT COMP!!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Thanks again Brandon and everyone else who set this up, judged and generally put up with me.

It was a fun time and saw a lot of familiar faces and a few new ones. This was the first time I had run at this area. It was probably a little better suited to sportys due to the sheer dropoffs and rock faces, but it was still doable and challenging. I seriously didn't think that gates 9, 10 and 11 on course 1 were even remotely doable at first glance.

Now I just need to make the remainder comps to have a chance at winning this thing.

Marcus
Draggermirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draggermirage View Post
Thanks again Brandon and everyone else who set this up, judged and generally put up with me.

It was a fun time and saw a lot of familiar faces and a few new ones. This was the first time I had run at this area. It was probably a little better suited to sportys due to the sheer dropoffs and rock faces, but it was still doable and challenging. I seriously didn't think that gates 9, 10 and 11 on course 1 were even remotely doable at first glance.

Now I just need to make the remainder comps to have a chance at winning this thing.

Marcus
We are glad you had fun.. and actually the way that me and brandon and the guys thought out gates were that one has to study different approach angles or routes and not just an obvious strait on approach to a progression, just as you did lines in reverse that were executed GREAT. Ive learned from tim case and other o.g. crawlers over 3 years is to make them thinker lines for scalers and offer alternative lines that we all had to think of. LOL EVEN I FORGOT ROUTES LOL... **Your driving was on point brotha. Alot of the areas were trusting our rigs and finessing them thru. We will always strive to make them fun, challeging, and to hone your driving skills. Remember to always look for alternative routes, and time saver areas.. they will always be doable courses. And always fun.. again GREAT JOB AND A WELL DESERVED BEST TIME OF THE DAY.. THANK YOU FOR COMING OUT.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:41 AM   #13

Default video slideshow from twizted rocks 10/30/2011

TWIZTED ROCKS MOVIE 2.wmv - YouTube

let me know what you think..
Old 11-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #14

i like the slide show cant wait till the next comp
cowboy1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #15

I just scouted 2 of 4 spots today that ive researched before it dumped snow lol. As far as ive seen these spots are VIRGIN to scalers in the city limits, oh its gunna be insane to say the least. More info coming soon after the full location scout team goes out to walk the terrain. THE MILE HIGH TERRAIN TAKEOVER fun series will stake its claim among so many epic events series many have held in the crawler scene. STAY TUNED..HUGE THINGS BREWING

Last edited by jayboogie; 11-02-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #16

Default Ready to rock?

I hope everyone is geared up and ready to rock! Our next comp will be next Sunday the 20th at lutts park. If you buy some stuff at the swapmeet i hope you will get it on your riggs and be ready to try it out. Look forward to see and crawling with you all. I will post and text directions on here the Friday before. If you would like me to have your phone number for contact please p.m. me with your number and i will follow up with a text. Thanks, Brandon
Old 11-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #17

i am getting a new body ready to try out that i got so hopfully it will be done
cowboy1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1978 View Post
i am getting a new body ready to try out that i got so hopfully it will be done
* i dont think SLIM FAST works THAT many wonders on you "new body"!! Blahaha jus kidn,
gunna meet up at 3pm monday with 2 new rc scaler guys at the last scaler spot we were at, one guy is a friend of mine in the 1:1 car show scene that ive known for 7 years and is funnier than sh*t, he has other rc rigs but FINALLY got himself a scaler, and wants some setup advice, who ever can is more than welcome out there for a couple hours bash session, before i go back to work....
Old 11-14-2011, 12:14 AM   #19

Give me a call before you get there and o will try and make it

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2011, 09:00 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

where is lutz park. the i want to come down for this one.
toka100 is offline   Reply With Quote