Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Wednesday Night Pro comps @ The Crawl Space

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Wednesday Night Pro comps @ The Crawl Space

Weekly reminder for the Wednesday night fun comp. Doubtful I will make it but go ahead and try to have fun without me Start time around 6, first courses set until 7:30 or so.
73bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #62
j22
Rock Stacker

So is there any chance we can go back to the way Wednesday nights use to be 100% pay outs an no pro-tard class. Just doesn't seem like there enough people to justify it , we need to get more people back in to crawlin not saying that the answer but just sayin. Have a good day everyone!
j22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by j22 View Post
So is there any chance we can go back to the way Wednesday nights use to be 100% pay outs an no pro-tard class. Just doesn't seem like there enough people to justify it , we need to get more people back in to crawlin not saying that the answer but just sayin. Have a good day everyone!
Single class is fine with me...keep the split classes for the Friday/Saturday comps
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #64
RCC Addict

The split class was created to promote more new drivers to come out and not have to compete directly against "seasoned" drivers, basically bring down the intimidation factor for the new guys running their first few comps.

The house rule is that each sub class would need at least 5 drivers for a pay out for that sub class.

We're open to Thomas' idea of the single class for any comp, depending on turn out.

For example, 9 people come out to compete, 6 are considered Experienced Pro and the other 3 are Novice Pro. the Novice Pro drivers will be given 6 minutes to complete each course and the Pro Pro drivers will have the standard 5 minutes to complete each course. The pay out at the end of the will be as if it is just one class because there is less than 5 drivers for the Novice Pro sub class, Make sense
The Crawl Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crawl Space View Post
The split class was created to promote more new drivers to come out and not have to compete directly against "seasoned" drivers, basically bring down the intimidation factor for the new guys running their first few comps.

The house rule is that each sub class would need at least 5 drivers for a pay out for that sub class.

We're open to Thomas' idea of the single class for any comp, depending on turn out.

For example, 9 people come out to compete, 6 are considered Experienced Pro and the other 3 are Novice Pro. the Novice Pro drivers will be given 6 minutes to complete each course and the Pro Pro drivers will have the standard 5 minutes to complete each course. The pay out at the end of the will be as if it is just one class because there is less than 5 drivers for the Novice Pro sub class, Make sense
Works for me...that way too...some nights the Nov/Pro guys will get their feet wet.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #66
j22
Rock Stacker

OK sounds good just thought I would ask, just not mush incentive for the pro drivers know more. Can't we just have one day with 100% pay outs cash an no pro-tard class just want to make it more competitive for the pro drivers .

Last edited by j22; 04-30-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Didn't sound right
Old 05-02-2012, 01:59 AM   #67
Pebble Pounder

Joey. Keep in mind that the non 100% payout also helps keep the doors open and the A/C running at the Crawl Space.

It used to be 100% payout for the simple reason (and I'm assuming here) of getting the shop known, more popular and the overhead costs probably written off as something like marketing or advertising.

Without sufficient income, the doors will close and we lose the only decent indoor crawling area in Colorado.

If you want the pro classes to be more competitive, help promote the pro nights and get more people in there to attempt and take their money.

If you podium, your entry fee is basically taken care of, if not more. I don't see how it really needs any more incentive. Sporty and scale classes are the same way.

I won't run my pro rig on a consistent basis (yet) until I get more comfortable with it and dialed in. Otherwise, I'd be there competing on Tuesday's and Wednesdays.

Marcus
Draggermirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:39 AM   #68
j22
Rock Stacker

I'm not trying to take any thing from the crawl space I will support them 100% an didn't want to make every day 100% pay outs just would like to see every now an then when where not using the shop.
Just seem like we have lost a lot of people an now its not worth Comin to play other then goin to hangout with friends. All the big comp do 100% pay outs an no body goes home nothing in there pockets but the top 3 drivers.

I'm sorry for bring this up I hope I didn't hurt any friends ships just was throwing that out there I don't want to hurt shop.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Another possible incentive..which would apply to all competitors at any event is an old fashioned Poker Run style...run 5 courses...for each course you get a playing card...after the 5th course all hands are checked and the highest hand wins his/her entry fee back...this could be had by any driver who attends. This idea was talked about last night at the Sporty comp and was received well maybe it could go more broad spectrum or say every other event.

Another consideration might be a shoot out between the top 3-5 drivers at any given event once in awhile...one course shoot out (like a finals course) where winner takes all. Just a thought. I was in a shoot out between myself driving Sportsman and Joystick driving Pro...the payout was like $180...Joystick won...but not by much...it was a two day weekend event too.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 05-02-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Great comp tonight all! Fun courses. Thanks to Crawl Space for hosting and to everyone who helped out judging and building courses.

Name:  WNC 5-2-12.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  46.5 KB
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #71
RCC Addict

Everything that James said X2
Thanks for posting scores, much appreciated
The Crawl Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #72
Pebble Pounder

Weekly reminder for the Wednesday night fun comp! Doesn't look like I am going to make it, again:-( . Start time around 6. Have fun everyone!!
73bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Will be there a little late with my new carbon viper 2 !!!
sidehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Great comp tonight.

Big Grats to Dan and Team UGC, maiden voyage and he killed it tonight Dan drove great and that chassis definately works as good as it looks, you got a winner Juan

Thank you Crawl Space, and to course builders and judges. I know I didn't help much tonight so thanks to Walt, Joey, Ikaika, Thomas, and anyone else who built courses and judged tonight. I've needed a break from judging and everyone has really stepped up and I appreciate it.

Name:  WNC 5-9-12.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  67.9 KB

Edit---Joey's score is wrong on course 2....should be a -10 I'll fix it if it bugs anyone that bad!
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #75
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
Great comp tonight.

Big Grats to Dan and Team UGC, maiden voyage and he killed it tonight Dan drove great and that chassis definately works as good as it looks, you got a winner Juan
Thanks James and Congrats to Dan!
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #76
Rock Crawler

congrats dan, way to kill it!
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys ! Thank you Juan and Team UCG for your support , chassis drives really smooth you definatly build a nice product !!!
sidehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #78
j22
Rock Stacker

Congrats Dan on another nice win.... way to DO WORK diver...
Old 05-11-2012, 02:29 AM   #79

DUDE wheres MY car SWEET !!!!!!! WAY to Go Dan!!!! Great Crawling every one
JAFO-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #80

Wooohoooo congrats dan on the winning streak.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
digitaldave303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Wednesday Night Pro comps @ The Crawl Space - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wednesday night comp @ The Crawl Space! 73bronco Colorado 16 10-20-2011 01:53 PM
Wednesday night comp @ The Crawl Space 73bronco Colorado 13 10-13-2011 06:59 PM
Wednesday night fun comp @ The Crawl Space 73bronco Colorado 6 10-07-2011 11:26 PM
Wednesday night fun comp..At The Crawl Space! 73bronco Colorado 37 09-06-2011 07:11 PM