Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Dip test diesel tanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
Got Worms?

Default Dip test diesel tanks

Do they test diesels up here in the denver area for red fuel? Can't decide if i want to risk fueling up with it or not. It just be in a ex. cab short bed powerstroke....no transfer tank in the bed.

Also, abit off topic, but is there a place to rent a trailer (car hauler, equipment trailer, or a short gooseneck) besides u-haul for a respectable price (over a 4-5 day span)? Been considering towing my jeep down to moab next month when i have a 4 day break from classes, but driving down to the west slope twice to pickup and drop off a trailer (running clear fuel) or get a $260 u haul rental is pushing the budget. I don't understand how a brand new car can be rented for $30 a day, but a trailer costs $64 a day
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I have never seen a dip test done here ever by anyone anywhere. That's not to say they don't but I know Aurora does not cause I work for them. On the trailer thing, the calling Jay Hawk Trailers in Commerce City and talk to them about it or there is rental shop on broadway and orchard rd that rents trailers and it seems they were quite a bit cheaper than u-haul. For that matter, it might just be cheaper and easier to go on craigslist and buy an inexpensive hauler. If nothing else and you have nothing when it gets closer, send me a pm and I can talk to a few people and maybe I can find a trailer you can borrow for next to nothing.

sent from Team Angry Birds And A Droid
phllint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
Got Worms?

Default Re: Dip test diesel tanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by phllint View Post
I have never seen a dip test done here ever by anyone anywhere. That's not to say they don't but I know Aurora does not cause I work for them. On the trailer thing, the calling Jay Hawk Trailers in Commerce City and talk to them about it or there is rental shop on broadway and orchard rd that rents trailers and it seems they were quite a bit cheaper than u-haul. For that matter, it might just be cheaper and easier to go on craigslist and buy an inexpensive hauler. If nothing else and you have nothing when it gets closer, send me a pm and I can talk to a few people and maybe I can find a trailer you can borrow for next to nothing.

sent from Team Angry Birds And A Droid
Cool, i'll look into those places...problem with buying a trailer is a.)I'm broke, still in debt from the powerstroke i just bought...b.) I'm not sure if i can get the trailer backed into the parking space/storage i'm renting for my jeep, i think its possible, but todo it on a regular basis and my newb experience with backing up a trailer in tight spots is a disaster waiting to happen.

Thanks for the info on the Aurora area, most my time will be spent in golden area, and i-70...i've never actually heard anyone getting tested, but they do emissions up here so i wasn't sure if they check fuel too
Old 09-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #4

They do not do dip test on private vehicles. Only on commercial vehicles at the port of entry. If you use you truck for business reasons that would require you to pull in to the scale at the port, then it could happen and result in BIG fines. Good luck.
icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #5
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icer View Post
They do not do dip test on private vehicles. Only on commercial vehicles at the port of entry. If you use you truck for business reasons that would require you to pull in to the scale at the port, then it could happen and result in BIG fines. Good luck.
Thanks for the info
Old 09-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I've heard of a type of "radar" gun they have they can tell what fuel you're runnin by pointing it at it. There was a thread on cummins forum about a year ago i saw. Not sure if co has anything like it but you never know. I've ran the red in mine when i was in a pinch and haven't had any issues. Just more info to add.
Travis24vctd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #7
Got Worms?

A radar that can detect a red dye?
Old 09-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I thought it was crazy when i first read it too. The thread had post after post of people having more and more info on it. The way they made it sound was that its only used in states that are major transportation states. But that was a year ago or so.
Travis24vctd is offline   Reply With Quote

Dip test diesel tanks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xr going for a dip fallin apart Videos! 1 08-01-2012 05:16 PM
Plasti Dip Help. Butcherinhd Tools, and Procedures 14 09-22-2011 09:57 PM
Dip country_crawler Chit Chat 34 02-21-2010 10:59 PM
diesel fuel... lots of diesel fuel. dieselfuel Chit Chat 15 05-23-2007 11:37 AM
Plasti Dip? KENNYKILLER14 Electronics 3 01-03-2007 08:13 PM