Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Sun, April 21st. Operation Check Point Scale G6 @ Red Rocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Sun, April 21st. Operation Check Point Scale G6 @ Red Rocks

My bad for the last minute post

The Crawl Space presents Operation Check Point G6 Scale Challenge @ Red Rocks.

The location is near Red Rocks Elementary school just west of the town of Morrison, Colorado. 17221 CO 74 Morrison, CO. Parking will be on the dirt turn out at entrance 3 to Red Rocks park.

View Larger Map

Be advised that due to all the work that is required to get this location there will be no alcohol allowed and please do not leave any trash of any kind, pack it in and pack it out.

This event is open to all 1.9 and 2.2 wheeled scale trucks, all SORCCA rules apply to scale rigs, ie; no TVP chassis' and scale tires. Scale points will be applied to your overall score.

9am-9:45am sign up and check in. $10 entry fee per driver. 10am sharp course open.

Course layout:
There is a potential of several hours of driving so pack batteries, parts and water with you. From the course start there will be 40-50 gates between each check point. At each check point drivers will pick up one color coded army man and carry it on their rig, no pocketing army men! Drivers will collect all 5 colored army men from each check point throughout the course and return to base camp to check in and get their final time.

Rules:
1. HAVE FUN! Thats what its all about

2. NO HAND OF GOD. (HOG) A G6 is all about driving skill. A driver may not assist, stop, catch, or kick his/her vehicle. There are no penalties for winching or using your tow strap or for reverses, so DRIVE SMART! The penalty is a DQ for hogging your scale vehicle. Performing on course repairs or having to touch your vehicle for recovery purposes is not hogging. Picking your vehicle up out of water, mud, sand, or rolling it over onto its wheels with your hand is all examples of hogging your vehicle, thus resulting in a disqualification.

3. A driver may make a battery change or repair on course and once finished with battery change or repair you must return to the last gate you progressed to continue on the course.

4. If a driver hits a gate or comes in contact with a marker at anytime or during a gate progress the driver most return their rig to the last gate they progressed to continue on with the course.

5.A driver can not drive through a gate backwards and reverse back through it to avoid trail obstacles. This will result in a DQ. The course is directional and a driver must maintain the intended direction of travel.

I think i got most of it but please post up if you have any questions, comments or concerns

Last edited by The Crawl Space; 04-20-2013 at 09:26 AM.
The Crawl Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
Gettin’ back on the horse

Default Re: Sun, April 21st. Operation Check Point Scale G6 @ Red Rocks

A couple of questions (like I always have).

-Do we need to tally scale points?

- At each check point we pick up a figure does time stop? Or is this one massive course?

- Are there judges?

- The driving through a gate backwards section: If I go through the gate and progress it can I back through it then (like USRCCA rules)? or not at all?

Looking forward to this event! Should be buckets of fun.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
A couple of questions (like I always have).

-Do we need to tally scale points?

- At each check point we pick up a figure does time stop? Or is this one massive course?

- Are there judges?

- The driving through a gate backwards section: If I go through the gate and progress it can I back through it then (like USRCCA rules)? or not at all?

Looking forward to this event! Should be buckets of fun.
Roger roger.
Drivers will be responsible for tallying their scale points before the event and ready during check in. We encourage any experienced drivers to help new drivers with scale points

This is one giant course with check points between every 40-50 gates depending on terrain. Time will continue during the event until a driver returns back to base camp with their army men and checks in for a final overall time.

No judges. Rules are based on the honor system, if anyone plans to cheat, just let us know

A driver may back thru a gate after it is progressed without penalty but do note, all gates are live throughout the entire course.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #4

Thank you very much! See you on sunday for the fun.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #5

Awesome event today! I have not had that much fun with a crawler in a long time. Thank you Crawl space for the wonderful event!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Good times at Red Rocks today, if you didn't make it you missed out

Thanks everyone that came out to play and Pat and Ty for the legwork and helping out

Some pics and scores

Old 04-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Great pics Ikaika, thanks for sharing. Looks like it was a fun time @ the Rocks.

The orange Blazer with the black top has my vote, sweet looking rig.
STEW<CO> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Had a great time! Will defiantly go to more!
rcdude3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sun, April 21st. Operation Check Point Scale G6 @ Red Rocks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
april 21st 2013 thomass14 North Dakota 4 04-20-2013 07:13 AM
April 21st gville WolfGT South Carolina 34 04-24-2012 03:38 PM
Crawlin in the Boro Sun the 21st 66sprint6 Tennessee 0 08-17-2011 10:16 AM
RUMBLE IN THE ROCKS 2.2 Point Series #4 – April 22nd Just Zach Utah 2 04-23-2009 12:36 AM
UTRCRC RUMBLE IN THE ROCKS 2.2 Point Series #3 – April 8th Just Zach Utah 4 04-09-2009 07:57 AM