Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: NorCo Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default NorCo Crawlers

PM me if you want to join NorCo Crawlers!
It's simple, and it's free!

Click HERE for the Facebook Group

Hey guys. I'm thinking we need to put together an official club. I'm up for doing all of the leg work, setting up competitions/trail runs, etc. So, this will be the official thread to kick the club off and to gather members.

I'm working with a friend to build a short course track, which will be integrated with a rock crawler course for some good ole' Ultra 4 racing.

With everything that is going on, and will be going on, I figured it'd be a good time to start an official club. If you're interested in becoming a 'member', all I'd need from you is your email address, and a list of event types that you would be interested in attending. For example, you can specify all events, all scaler events, or individual event types from any or all of the categories listed below.

Here is a list of event types we will likely be running:
  • Scalers
    • Ultra 4 Racing (Track will be built in Greeley)
    • G6
    • Trail Ru
    • TTC
  • MOA's & Shafty's
    • Competitions
  • General
    • Meet & Greets

The club name will be 'NorCo Crawlers'. There will be no member fee's for now, though that may change as we figure out how all of this is going to work. I'd like it to stay fee free for membership and charge fee's for events to cover the cost of said events.

So, there it is. If you're interested in becoming a member, PM me the requested information. If you have any questions or suggestions, please post them here.

We WILL NOT be sending a ton of emails. In truth, I don't expect that we'll hold more than ten events a year. Really, that's not much. We will send emails notifying you of trail runs or events.

If you EVER want to opt out for any reason, we'll honor that and we'll stop sending you emails.

Last edited by TheScaleAddict; 10-17-2013 at 12:08 AM.
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: NorCo Crawlers

Sounds like you will have a good thing goin. Maybe sometime soon the NorCo Crawlers and The SoCO Crawlers will have to get together and have some fun on the trails!
Tater0108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater0108 View Post
Sounds like you will have a good thing goin. Maybe sometime soon the NorCo Crawlers and The SoCO Crawlers will have to get together and have some fun on the trails!
Only if you want to experience an old school arse whoopin!!! Rivalries will make it fun, right??? North seiiiidddeeeee!!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephas View Post
Only if you want to experience an old school arse whoopin!!! Rivalries will make it fun, right??? North seiiiidddeeeee!!!!
Hey you gotta run with the best to get that experience. I agree rivalries are fun. Nah its all about the South Side!!
Tater0108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #5

Wes here, iv got the place mowed and working on a very general course plan, feel free to stop by and take a look, 3295 w10th, I own the Slot car raceway and the track will be in the fenced area in the back.
Speedfreaksraceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater0108 View Post
Hey you gotta run with the best to get that experience. I agree rivalries are fun. Nah its all about the South Side!!
I have to admit... I am A LOT jealous of y'all having Garden of the Gods and Palmer Park. Sick, sweet spots.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #7

For trail runs, I know some great trails up around Horsetooth Reservoir. My shit's too slow for racing and too heavy for comps lol
mrfajita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfajita View Post
For trail runs, I know some great trails up around Horsetooth Reservoir. My shit's too slow for racing and too heavy for comps lol
So...... Join the club and get on the list for trail runs.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreaksraceway View Post
Wes here, iv got the place mowed and working on a very general course plan, feel free to stop by and take a look, 3295 w10th, I own the Slot car raceway and the track will be in the fenced area in the back.
Y'all will like Wes. He's a pretty cool guy. He's already got a pretty sick, and pretty darn big slot car track set up indoors on the site we're going to build the short course track, rock crawler course, and ultra 4 track/course.

Last edited by TheScaleAddict; 10-16-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Photo bump!

Can anyone tell me where I took this one on Horsetooth? Specifically? (What side, where would you park to get there, etc)

Old 10-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephas View Post
Photo bump!

Can anyone tell me where I took this one on Horsetooth? Specifically? (What side, where would you park to get there, etc)

East side, looks like Soldier bay. Used to have a small parking area just off the dam but its blocked off now
Old 10-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfajita View Post
East side, looks like Soldier bay. Used to have a small parking area just off the dam but its blocked off now
I've not heard it called Soldier Bay. But I think you're spot on. It's the parking lot with parking on either side of the rest rooms on the north side of the reservoir.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

If you go up from the drive in theater, north at the Y, across the dam up the hill than parking on the left. If so that's Rotory park I believe. I've been going to the sunrise parking lot lately, the one where you can drive down to the lake where the new swimming area is. Less people and plenty of rocks, from slippy to grippy.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #14

We should make a facebook group for this. My friend and I found a new trail by Horsetooth today. Very narrow, steep, and technical. I'm making a map of a few of the horsetooth trails
Old 10-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I'll get that squared away. Probably have time in the morning. Great idea Mr Fajita!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #16

Here is a Google Earth .KML map file of my 5 favorite trails around Horsetooth. Hopefully it works for you guys
http://productforums.google.com/foru...ns/FbcxEMXA8pc
Old 10-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Good end to a busy week.
Attached Images

slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Took the Wraith out today along the Poudre River had a blast all by myself.
Attached Images

Diablo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #19
Rock Stacker

and we have a u4rc track built in pueblo and it is up and running in conjuction with Glen Helen in CA I would like to work togeather and make a series out of it
Steve13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve13 View Post
and we have a u4rc track built in pueblo and it is up and running in conjuction with Glen Helen in CA I would like to work togeather and make a series out of it
I'm working hard to get the dirt and rock delivered. First load is supposed to be there Thursday around 5!

NorCo Crawlers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for crawler buddies in norco/corona/riverside area Greasecreep California 5 07-29-2013 10:31 PM
Boston Crawlers Presents - King of the Crawlers, Hammond Pond, October 13th BC-Brian Massachusetts 39 10-16-2012 04:41 PM
Rock Crawlers of ATL. 10/18/08 Sponsored by Sinastir Crawlers TLTRyan Competitions 24 10-20-2008 07:02 AM