Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Looking for people to go crawling with

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2017, 09:25 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Looking for people to go crawling with

I Live in Highlands Ranch and go to Daniels Park so if anyone here wantsto join me post up and we can figure out meeting up. I don't know if it matters, I'm 48 and have a wraith and a XR10.

Andrew
knuckleBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2017, 08:56 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Looking for people to go crawling with

Hey, My brother and I are in the same age bracket. I gave him a Sawback. I have a SCX10. Would like to get to Daniels sometime. Won't get to it for a couple weeks but my brother may have a chance.
scaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:16 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I live in Idaho Springs about 30 min west of Denver. I have wanted to go to parker to crawl for a while now just haven't been able due to weather and all. I have every weekend off so I'm down. I have a scx10 deadbolt and a rr10 bombers. I am 41 myself and have a son that has a rr10 bombers as well he is 22. I'll be down just about any weekend as long as I can give the wife a couple of days notice lol
raddad1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:38 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Im 39, Aurora, with a wraith and bomber. I like to find trails up in the mountains and make a good day trip of it. Won't be really doing those till snowboarding season comes to an end however. I have a few rc8.2 I like to bash around as well.
Trazhcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:32 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckleBuster View Post
I Live in Highlands Ranch and go to Daniels Park so if anyone here wantsto join me post up and we can figure out meeting up. I don't know if it matters, I'm 48 and have a wraith and a XR10.

Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaled View Post
Hey, My brother and I are in the same age bracket. I gave him a Sawback. I have a SCX10. Would like to get to Daniels sometime. Won't get to it for a couple weeks but my brother may have a chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazhcan View Post
Im 39, Aurora, with a wraith and bomber. I like to find trails up in the mountains and make a good day trip of it. Won't be really doing those till snowboarding season comes to an end however. I have a few rc8.2 I like to bash around as well.
Hey ya'll, was thinking of going to red rocks tomorrow to run for a while with my son. was thinking of going at about noon or so. If ya'll are down or free let me know what time might be good for ya'll. Have a friend that might come as well. Hopefully the weather cooperates and is decent.
raddad1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:57 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I don't know if this info is true but I heard your not supposed to go crawling at Red Rocks unless its an organized event if I'm wrong I'll go otherwise I'm headed back to Daniels Park again tomorrow.
Andrew
Old 04-01-2017, 09:30 PM   #7

hi my name is Gary

i would like to go to Daniels Park some time i just live in parker

let me know i want to try a new place

rampart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:34 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampart View Post
hi my name is Gary

i would like to go to Daniels Park some time i just live in parker

let me know i want to try a new place

I'll let you know. Sometimes I head up there after work on the weekdays. Are you available then?
Old 04-06-2017, 01:01 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I don't know if this info is true but I heard your not supposed to go crawling at Red Rocks unless its an organized event....
I can confirm this. A year ago I called in sick to work on a spring day and took my SCX10 to Red Rocks. After about an hour of driving on some slick rock below a parking lot and off to the side of one of the trails a ranger came by to tell me to pack it up. He was friendly enough about the whole situation though and had had some positive interactions with the participants of the organized crawling event.
colbynobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:23 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddad1975 View Post
Hey ya'll, was thinking of going to red rocks tomorrow to run for a while with my son. was thinking of going at about noon or so. If ya'll are down or free let me know what time might be good for ya'll. Have a friend that might come as well. Hopefully the weather cooperates and is decent.
Quote:
I don't know if this info is true but I heard your not supposed to go crawling at Red Rocks unless its an organized event if I'm wrong I'll go otherwise I'm headed back to Daniels Park again tomorrow.
Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by colbynobo View Post
I can confirm this. A year ago I called in sick to work on a spring day and took my SCX10 to Red Rocks. After about an hour of driving on some slick rock below a parking lot and off to the side of one of the trails a ranger came by to tell me to pack it up. He was friendly enough about the whole situation though and had had some positive interactions with the participants of the organized crawling event.

The Red Rocks Comp Spot (near the school) is off limits for crawling unless its an organized event due to it being private property.

You can take your truck to the Red Rocks park but you can only drive on the trail not on the rocks.

Best bet is to stay away from both, unless we're hosting an event at the Red Rocks comp spot. Its better for the whole community for everyone to avoid potential negative interaction with the public or park/land officials.

There's always going to be that guy or group of people that will over step this, just don't be that guy.

Last edited by The Crawl Space; 04-07-2017 at 09:40 AM.
The Crawl Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:36 PM   #11

hi my name is gary

ill go crawling with you some time give me a shout

again this is gary
Old 04-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #12

Hi this is Gary i am from Parker

i would like to go crawling some Sat give me a shout thanks
Old 04-23-2017, 04:42 PM   #13

Hi this is gary i would like to go crawling with you some time give me a shout thanks
Old 04-24-2017, 03:06 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

We going to Daniels Park On Saturday? Keep an eye on the weather Gary. Post a time if all works out. Afternoon is probably best.
scaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:34 PM   #15

do people actually get kicked off public trails for rc crawling? ..i could see that happening,especially in hipster nazi police state like colorado.. pick your rig up as a courtesy whenever you see someone else on the trails. odd how people equate little toys doing the same kinda erosion as their goofy overpriced shoes. or, mountain bike tires.. lol. on the contrary though i did lose control of my cr-01 once up in eldorado canyon and the thing bounced halfway down the mountain towards a family having a picnic.
Zachariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
do people actually get kicked off public trails for rc crawling? ..i could see that happening,especially in hipster nazi police state like colorado.. pick your rig up as a courtesy whenever you see someone else on the trails. odd how people equate little toys doing the same kinda erosion as their goofy overpriced shoes. or, mountain bike tires.. lol. on the contrary though i did lose control of my cr-01 once up in eldorado canyon and the thing bounced halfway down the mountain towards a family having a picnic.
Remote controlled vehicles of any type are off limits in national parks. State parks are iffy. I've been kicked out of SOME parks by Boulder County parks and recreation, and some I haven't been kicked out of. Marshall Mesa Trailhead, for instance, has horses, bikers, walkers ,runners, and... my wraith? The ranger that followed me was more concerned with what was in my backpack than he was my RC. He was actually concerned that I had alcohol in my backpack... I gladly showed him it was full of ganja, not beer. He said I was ok to continue playing with my RC and politely asked me not to spark up in the woods.

I follow some really basic respect/leave no trace rules of thumb. That being said, please think of it like this:

Remote controlled vehicles can be used to disturb not only the terrain but snakes and other wildlife. Pissing off a rattler is easily done with an RC and that's not cool for an unsuspecting party passing by after you've left. Leave all wildlife alone. Don't be "that guy".

Dogs should be on leashes, but they rarely are - so when a dog comes running for your truck, mouth open and tongue flying with wild darting eyes, you might want to have your vehicle in your hands already.

I always pick up my truck when animals are near (domestic or otherwise). Walk with vehicle until safe to put down; animals far enough out of site, etc.

Solo walkers: They're out to enjoy nature and not the buzzing of our servos or the whine of a full metal tranny. I choose to stop and wait until they've passed or I pick my truck up and continue walking until they're out of audible range. I respect their right to enjoy a peaceful hike and do everything I can to not give them something to complain about.

Stay on the trail or on rocks and don't contribute to any erosion. This goes without saying.

Basically don't draw attention to yourself, respect the environment, respect others. Give people very little reason to mention to a ranger in the parking lot that someone is up there with a remote control vehicle "tearing it up".

Plain and simple, we're not allowed. I go in with the full expectation that I'll be kicked out the moment I run in to a ranger. I pack my vehicle into my frame pack with the wheels off (2.2) and hike about 1/4 mile in a trail before I take it out and put the wheels on. If a ranger sees you in the parking lot, that's an easy no go, they'll come right over and act inquisitive lol, don't be fooled!

So yeah, be smart. If you play nice people are less likely to get annoyed and in turn are less likely to report you.
Dennis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:42 AM   #17

i like your sense of humor dennis.. sorry im rarely on here but thanks for the input.. i never considered some of the things you mentioned like hiking back in a ways before unpacking the rigs. golden advice! ..ive also tried things like tying a grocery bag to my pack and telling nosy hikers that im picking up litter on the trail as im enjoying my rc car.. that tends to get people off me real quick.. have you tried “settlers park” in boulder yet? you mentioned boulder in your response and i was just curious if you been there. absolutely epic crawling! tons of people though 😒
Zachariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:16 AM   #18

Yep that park is my preferred route to Mount Sanitas, love those rocks! That's definitely one spot the rangers don't like us, though, confirmed.

Since I got my 1:1 i've been camping out at Switzerland and Bunce, both about an hour away and great terrain.

There's a great spot nobody knows about on South Cherryvale Road
Dennis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:57 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

I live in littleton when you do go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
BRENDEN J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:35 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

I'm in Castle Rock and am down to play anytime.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
SurfinStud is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking for people to go crawling with - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are people using these days for competition crawling? mogman8 General Crawlers 7 08-12-2016 12:26 PM
Any spots/people crawling around Coos Bay? maddrgonzo Oregon 5 10-20-2014 02:05 PM
How do you describe what RC crawling and scaling is to other people The Crawl Space Chit Chat 24 09-11-2013 09:24 PM
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence... GySgt Hartman Chit Chat 166 01-21-2013 07:11 PM