Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Crawlerado Crawling Atlas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 06:27 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Garden of the Gods.

The Garden of the Gods is a well known attraction here in Colorado Springs. I've been told that you can't do rock crawling at this place but I go down the road passed the " balancing rock towards Manitou Springs and park just off the road. Since rock crawlers don't make any noise I'm not very worried about attracting attention to myself there.

It's a fun place but not as challenging as Palmer park.
durwank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #42

Default Deadman rd Red Feather Lakes

Take 287 north to red feather exit. Go past dowdy and west lake turn about 2-3 miles and on the left is deadman road. Go down roughly 3 miles, on th right is a campground with awesome rock formations and good camping, if you pass call box 14 turn around and it's a quarter mile back on the left. This spot is super good on weekdays and would be good for a gtg on weekends if arrived early(or Thursday). On weekends deadman rd tends to fill up with people by noon. The best things about this spot is the multiple layouts, great campground and most importantly it's FREE!!! Will post pics as soon as possible
Lazytrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:55 PM   #43
SPY

Parker,CO

SW corner of E. Main St. and Twenty mile. It's kinda flat compared to other location.

Twenty Mile between Pine Lane and Ponderosa Dr.(just north of the old Medved Jeep dealership) There are four different sections along the wash each a little different(only pics of 2 sections).Also has rocks under the bridge in the shade.

Parker has some sick rock/concrete sections that put "the dam" to shame. One of the spots is behind the baseball fields at the rec center off Lincoln Ave. east of Jordan Rd. by the old skate park. Take Lincoln Ave. to Jordan Rd. head north 1 block to Recreation Dr. and go east to the T. Take a left and park by the skate park for area 1 or park @ playground before T for area 2.

Last edited by 666; 01-18-2016 at 10:24 PM.
SPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #44
SPY

Parker, CO

Chambers and Canyon Rim Circle
***under the bridge @ south side of condos***

Lees than 1/4 mile away is Rock Vista University, it also has two playgrounds. Rock Vista is on the corner of Chambers and Grassland(near American Furniture Warehouse on E-470), park on the south side of campus by the creek bed.

Last edited by 666; 01-18-2016 at 10:24 PM.
SPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Rifle, CO

1221 E. Centennial Pkwy

For now the guy running this only has a dirt track set up but will begin working on the rock crawling section. This is open to the public and there is no fee. Just North of I-70. I'll get pics sometime soon.
gdhknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedXT View Post
Daniels Park in Castle Rock

From I25 exit the Castle Pines Exit and head West for @ 2 miles or so.. when the road turns to dirt you are about 1/2 mile from the location.
DO NOT TURN ANYWHERE - Simply go straight. Daniels park starts with a point of interest with restrooms and parking markeres with huge boulders... there are multiple locations to park down along the road and each of them have some good wheelin!!! The park is riddled with concrete tables and Grills... onto the pics!!!
Just a heads up, but directions to this area have changed a bit as they finished up some road construction there <2 years ago. Instead of continuing straight until you get there, you now have to make a right hand turn. As you're making your way west on Castle Pines Parkway, you will go through a roundabout, continue straight here. Shortly after that, the road will curve left and start to head downhill. There is a right turn here, and this is where you want to turn right to get into Daniels Park. If you're coming from the Highlands Ranch, from the King Soopers at Wildcat and McArthur/Fairview, head east-ish on McArthur, and then make your first right on Grigs Rd right behind the King Soopers. Follow this as it turns to dirt. You will come to a paved intersection after a few miles, and will turn right here to go on to Daniels Park Rd. The areas that TwistedXT posted pics of will be on your right after you climb a small hill.

I drive through Daniels Park everyday for my commute, some awesome scenery and a great place to have some fun. Just keep your 1:1's out of the mud pits that show up there.
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #47

Found this place walking the dog the other day. No shots with a rig out there yet as mine's still in the mail, but will definitely be heading back there as soon as the SCX10 shows up.

It's in Castle Rock, from 25 and Meadows/Founders head west on Meadows Pkwy. Turn right at Meadows Blvd, and then right on N Meadows Dr. At the bottom of the hill turn left on Butterfield Crossing Dr. Make your 4th right on Rosecrown. Follow this down a little bit until Morning Glory Rd goes off to the right and a private road continues straight. Park here somewhere and then follow the drainage north about 75-100 yards.

Last edited by 666; 01-18-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Default Sunrise Bay / Bad Lands at Horsetooth Reservoir

Great spot! Its got crawling lines galore, water if your interested, and an amazing area called the Bad Lands that is great for rock racing or hill climbing type driving. The park and rec just put a road in right down to the crawl spot and there are shaded picnic tables and a restroom right there, couldn't be better! In the first bit of the badlands video you can see the new parking area and covered tables.

I'm waiting for 666 to contact me to plan another comp up here........

crawling terrain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HW2k...eature=related

"The Badlands" terrrain - bashing, rock racing, hill climb, flat out ripping it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1fY0E4xPCI

Link to map of Horsetooth reservoir - you can see the Sunrise day use area on the Ease side of the reservoir
http://www.larimer.org/parks/horsetooth_map.htm

Driving directions: I-25 to Harmony Road, West through town, road will change to W CO Rd 38E and go up the hillside to the reservoir, turn right across the damn it should be Centennial Dr. or S CO Rd 23, then North until the T in the Road - turn Left and continue North, pass 1st parking area and continue past 2 cattle guards, just past the second cattle guard be ready to turn Left and into parking lot, turn right and go down hill and park. Dont forget to pay the $6 parking fee at the top parking area or you may catch a fine.
Attached Images

Last edited by dystance; 05-31-2011 at 02:02 PM.
dystance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #49

On private ground upstream of Meeker if you are out west, or coming out west PM and we will go run them!

Crawlhala

Concrete Jungle

Need people to Crawl with! Drop a line.
birddog59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Default The Crawl Space

The Crawl Space is located at:
4920 Iris St. Wheat Ridge, CO 80033.

We're always open

303-396-5532

Last edited by The Crawl Space; 04-19-2015 at 06:51 PM.
The Crawl Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Default Debeque, CO

Head South from the I-70 exit. Take first left onto Frontage road, next right onto V Rd., 1.3 miles South on V Rd.
Attached Images

Last edited by gdhknives; 10-23-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Default Hwy 141

South of Grand Junction off of Hwy 50 near Whitewater, Hwy 141 is a stretch of highway littered with areas to crawl. Yes it is a different area than my last post. Lots of pull outs, a few side roads, and varying rock surfaces.
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #53

Default Re: Crawlerado Crawling Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Is anybody really good with Google Maps? It'd be cool to compile all of these spots into something like this: Stay The Trail Colorado - Where To Go - Stay The Trail OHV Trail Guide I believe there's ways to make it so users can add their own spots too.
Hello all. Veteran of R/C but new to the exciting world of Crawling. I picked up a Losi Night Crawler to try it out and it's been a ton of fun.

I set up a Google map for my own personal use that marks my R/C locations and prospective locations (R/C Hot Spots - Google Maps). Is that something like you are looking for?
dracx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #54

Colorado springs hot spot.."palmer park" no bad spots here..just point ur finger and go..if ya ever need a guide just give me a shout..

Sent from space..
Crawler/Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...01092,0.001206
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #56

Just to the south of the town of Tarryall is a place called China wall where 4x4's crawl. Some pics of the fun..

Sent from space by aliens..
Crawler/Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Jasmine Creek...

Thornton....130th and Jasmine...park close by for the little ones too...

rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #58

Looks great. I've added this to my map (https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...00897,0.001359) and will visit soon, as it's in my neighborhood.
dracx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Found another spot. I didnt have my Wraith with me, but its near northfield/stapleton, at the Comfort Inn, 4685 Quebec st, Denver 80216

Sorry for the bad cell phone pic, but I might head over there later if anyone is interested.
4x4Ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #60

A little spot I found today over in Broomfield. It's rock in mortar which I like. I didn't have a chance to run it yet. It's just east of broomfield high school on east 10th ave in the open space area. Snapped a few pics with my phone.

sjs88 is offline   Reply With Quote