Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Crawlerado Crawling Atlas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Crawlerado Crawling Atlas

since i got into this side of the rc hobby i have found a few nice places here in the springs. a real tough stretch on the north side of the springs is behind cosco on the north end of nevada you can park in there lot and walk down the trail to the right of the building its easy to get down to the tough and fun stuff seeing as its paved but keep an eye out for the bikers and joggers. the other that is public at least is on the east end of omaha just off of peterson theres a large lot back there with everything from crawling to hill climbs to a sweet course for short course trucks on! perfect place to do a comp it does have another entrance if you dont have a high clearance vehicle on mark shuffle that you can wiggle past a small hump to get to it. i kno theres another entrance but i dont go to it much but the lot is big enough to run my built up 05 banshee or even take my dodge out to do some wheelin. if anyone wats to check out the second one hit me up iam right around the corner from it and iam always up for wheelin :P
arcanecrawler89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #62

Google Groups
.KML for Google Earth of 5 good trails around Horsetooth Reservoir
mrfajita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Found a really fun place to wheel on the way Wyoming off of i25. Lots of fun broke both rigs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited by 666; 01-18-2016 at 10:32 PM.
flexychevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

I've been meaning to post in this thread for a while. Here in Buena Vista we have tons of natural terrain. This is one of my favorite areas. It's a mile or two north of town on colorado street (turn north off of main street). There's about a mile of this type of terrain. Pull to the side of the road and park where ever you want (there are also some small parking area scattered about). The east side of the road is a steep challenging incline with literally endless lines and paths to choose from. The west side of the road dips down to the Arkansas River and if you can manage to cross the river, the other side is fun as well. I've spent hours exploring the area. These pictures don't do it justice. You could spend days here and not run the same line twice if you want, and no one will bother you. You're only enemies are bears, mountain lions, and coyotes .

BV!
Attached Images

bvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #65

Behind king soopers 136 and zuni Broomfield. Another spot 150 feet down stream [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by mspiller21; 12-10-2013 at 11:51 AM.
mspiller21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:10 PM   #66
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvrc View Post
this can be done with google maps. I've seen it done in the slope soaring community in kansas. I just don't know how. ... this comment didn't help at all...
Give this a try. I started it the other day with a few of the locations I know that are local to me. Anyone should be able to add or make changes. If you make an addition, try to include the town first in the description so the list will be in order. For example, all Boulder spots are together, all Longmont spots are together, etc., etc.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...I.kfUqnG-g_g4Y

Last edited by C*H*U*D; 05-04-2014 at 10:13 PM.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:18 PM   #67
I joined the Band!

Huge thank you to 666 for getting this sticky sorted out
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #68

settlers park in boulder.. google it for location but it’s basically just north of boulder canyon drive(colorado 119) just before you start heading into the foothills. has that nice scale element to it that rip-rap,tallis rock comp truck maniacs just don’t seem to understand. the only thing that’ll aggravate you is the heavy foot traffic but so far hikers have been inquisitive and nice.
Zachariah is offline   Reply With Quote