Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: 2008 Crawlerado Scale Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
Powered by Awesome

Default 2008 Crawlerado Scale Series

So the dates are set but locations are still being sought out. I will be adding these to the Calendar above...

Event 1 - Thread for this specific Comp
Jan 6th
Buddy System Gated, Time Trial, Hill Climb Event and Trail Ride afterwords
1.9 Scale Rigs will run 1st
1.9 Tubed Rigs will run 2nd
2.2 Scale Rigs will run 3rd
2.2 Tubed Rigs will run 4th

Event 2 - Thread for this specific Comp
Feb 10th
1.9 Tubed Rigs will run 1st
2.2 Scale rigs will run 2nd
2.2 Tubed Rigs will run 3rd
1.9 Scale Rigs will run 4th

Event 3
March 23rd
2.2 Scale Rigs will run 1st
2.2 Tubed Rigs will run 2nd
1.9 Scale Rigs will run 3rd
1.9 Tubed Rigs will run 4th

Event 4
April 13th
2.2 Tubed Rigs will run 1st
1.9 Scale Rigs will run 2nd
1.9 Tubed Rigs will run 3rd
2.2 Scale Rigs will run 4th

Event 5 - Finals Event Run
May 11th
Buddy System Gated, Time Trial, Hill Climb Event,Award Ceremony afterwords and Trail Ride afterwords
1.9 Scale Rigs will run 1st
1.9 Tubed Rigs will run 2nd
2.2 Scale Rigs will run 3rd
2.2 Tubed Rigs will run 4th

There will be 3 different types of courses ran during the series:
Gated
Hill Climb
Time Trial

Sign in will be from 9-10 which will include scale score and tech.
All vehicles must be signed in and tech'd prior to the start of the event
There will be awards handed out for each course after the finals.
The buddy system will be used for the Gated courses for all Events.
The buddy system will be chossen onsite and will will run with others in your same class.
There is no enterance fees
Vehicles will be "teched" and scale points awarded prior to the start of the event for all classes.
If a vehicle falls out of tech or a class, the group as a whole will decide weather or not a rig will be allowed to run.

Remember.. we are all in it for fun!

here is the link to the Colorado Crawling Atlas for the locations being used across the state.
Crawlerado Crawling Atlas

Last edited by TwistedXT; 02-11-2008 at 09:01 AM.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2007, 07:32 AM   #2
Powered by Awesome

The Rules....

1.9” Class – Modeled after typical street legal off-road vehicles

·Chassis must be OEM stock or custom ladder style chassis (BB51 or bruiser type ladder style) that must extend over the axles. OEM suspension may be modified in any way. Construction material is not restricted. Truggies are allowed as long as they still apear to look scale.

.Exo cages are allowed

·Custom Tires are restricted to an overall outside diameter no greater than 4.25” and a width no greater than 1.75”. The tires must fit onto a standard 1.9” rim. Flywheels brand wheels and tires and 1/18 scale Nylint brand wheels and tires will be allowed. Any mass manufactured 1.9 tire is allowed - ie Mudslingers, BFG's... ect.

·Must run a complete body, bumpers, fenders, doors & tailgates must be intact. Some fender trimming is allowed but the basic shape must be retained. A shortened or lengthened body is allowable. A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds).

·No 4 wheel steer.

·No axle “dig”

·Wheelbase and width is limited only by your body, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells.

·Vehicles must be “run what ya brung.”

·Battery must be placed on or within the chassis. Out of site out of mind; the batteries cannot be attached to the axle tubes.

2.2” Class – Modeled after modified but street legal off-road vehicles

·Chassis must be OEM stock or custom ladder style chassis (BB51 or bruiser type ladder style) that must extend over the axles. OEM suspension may be modified in any way. Construction material is not restricted. Truggies are allowed as long as they still apear to look scale.

.Exo cages are allowed

·Tires are restricted to any commercially available 2.2” tire or any tire cut down to fit a 2.2” wheel. Following the 1/10 scale size, no tire can be any taller then 5.9 inches (which would be the same as a 59" fullsize tire).

·Must run a complete body, bumpers, fenders, doors & tailgates must be intact. Some fender trimming is allowed but the basic shape must be retained. A shortened or lengthened body is allowable. A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare stored in the vertical position (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds).

·No 4 wheel steer

·No axle “dig”

·Wheelbase and width is limited only by your body, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells.

·Battery must be placed on or within the chassis. Out of site out of mind; the batteries cannot be attached to the axle tubes.

Tuber Class 1.9 - The tubed chassis must be scale in appearance and must resemble a full size rig (ie Poison Spyder Customers, Avelanche Engineering). All electronics must be located inside of the chassis. this includes the receiver, motor, tranny, esc and batteries ect. An interior is not required but you will score better if it has one.

·Chassis must fully tubed. May include a ladder style frame that acompanies the Tubes chassis (ie Formula Toyota Style). Truggies do not fall under this catagory.

·Custom Tires are restricted to an overall outside diameter no greater than 4.25” and a width no greater than 1.75”. The tires must fit onto a standard 1.9” rim. Flywheels brand wheels and tires and 1/18 scale Nylint brand wheels and tires will be allowed. Any mass manufactured 1.9 tire is allowed - ie Mudslingers, BFG's... ect.

·Must run a complete body set of panels. Roof, Sides, hood, and trunk panels

·4 wheel steer is allowed.

·axle “dig” is allowed

·Wheelbase and width is limited only by your chassis, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells or scale measurements. ie, a stock jeep runs 100" wheel base thus a 10" wheelbase would apply. so a 15" wheelbase would be the same as a fullsize rig running 150" wheelbase. Try to keep it scale.

Tuber Class 2.2 - The tubed chassis must be scale in appearance and must resemble a street legal full size rig (ie Poison Spyder Customers, Avelanche Engineering). All electronics must be located inside of the chassis. this includes the receiver, motor, tranny, esc and batteries ect. An interior is not required but you will score better if it does.

·Chassis must fully tubed. May include a laddre style frame that acompanies the Tubes chassis (ie Formula Toyota Style). Truggies do not fall under this catagory.

·Custom Tires are restricted to an overall outside diameter no greater than 5.9” and a width no greater than 3.0”. The tires must fit onto a standard 2.2” rim. Any mass manufactured 2.2 tire is allowed - ie Mudslingers, Moabs... ect.

·Must run a complete body set of panels. Roof, Sides, hood, and trunk panels

·4 wheel steer is allowed.

·axle “dig” is allowed

·Wheelbase and width is limited only by your chassis, but it must fit within the body’s fender wells or scale measurements. ie, a stock jeep runs 100" wheel base thus a 10" wheelbase would apply. so a 15" wheelbase would be the same as a fullsize rig running 150" wheelbase. Try to keep it scale.

·No 1.9 scaler will be allowed with a RTI score over 500*

·No 2.2 scaler will be allowed with a RTI score over 800*

·No 1.9 tuber will be allowed with a RTI score over 800*

·No 2.2 tuber will be allowed with a RTI score over 1000*

Vehicles will be teched on a 30 degree ramp.

All vehicles and drivers should adhere to the “spirit” of a street legal off-road vehicle.

Scale appearance:
Scale appearance points will be deducted from the final score of each Gated Event. Appearance points are listed below.

Hardbody -10 points
Working lights -1 point
Spare tire (must be functional) -5 point
Working winch -5 point
Tow strap (must be functional) -1 point
Interior detail -5 point
Roof rack with large scale items (i.e. canoe) -5 points
Scale accessories (gas can, tools, cooler, etc) -1 point per item up to a maximum of -5 points
Servo not mounted on axle -5 points
Driver figure -2 points

Events

Events will vary from location to location. Below is a compilation of approved events with brief guidelines.

Gated Trail:
This is pretty much self explanatory. Each course will vary in length but will typically be between 5 and 10 gates. The width of each gate will vary depending on the location but generally the width should be no less than 12 inches. These events will be run using "The Buddy System". 2 people from the same class will run together at the same time and they must pass through gates in pairs... ie. One competitor cannot pass through the next gate till his Buddy has passed through the previous gate. All 4 tires must travel through the plane of each gate in order for that gate to count and the gates must be passed through in thier intented direction. If a vehicle gets stuck and needs to be rescued, the person that got stuck will get fined with rescue points and during the rescue, reverses and such will not be counted against the rig preforming the rescue. The Rig preforming the rescue does not gain anypoints. Gated trail runs will require 2 Judges, one for each rig. Time limits will be determined on site.

Hill Climb:
Once again this is a fairly straight forward; with a location selected you will simply have a set of starting gates and finish gates with marker going up the hill climb to gauge everyones run. Fastest time wins; if no one completes the course then furthest distance wins.

Time Trial:
This event will be determined by terrain. This will be a multi-terrain event. It should comprise of at least 3 various types of terrain. For example a course may begin with a rock crawl section, proceed to a hill climb section and then finish up with a high speed dirt road section. The fastest time will be the winner. Gates will be added to this event but typical points for reverses and such will not apply. If a competitor hits a gate a 30 second time penalty will be applied after thier run. Fastest time wins.

Trail Ride:
One driver leads a group of people on whatever route they desire. Once the leader get stuck, they are sent to the back of the pack and the next truck takes its place. The whole purpose of this is strictly for fun and will not be scored.

Scale Class: All rigs in the Scale class will start off with 0 points and points will be deducted during the competitions. The object is complete the course without incurring points. Point deductions are listed below. There is a 5 minute time limit and no maximum point limit. Speed is rewarded.

Reverse + 1 point
Rollover + 5 points
Gate + 5 points
Touch + 5 points
Reposition + 10 points
Rescue + 5 points
Time: - 5 points
DNF highest score + 20 points

Reverse: Using the throttle to reverse course. Non powered roll backs are allowed.

Rollover: Points are assessed when a vehicle rolls over and does not right itself or can not be righted without touching. Winching is allowed without incurring a penalty. All gates are still live while on a gated course.

Gate: Failure to pass all 4 wheels through a gate or touching a gate with any part of the vehicle. Pushing/Winching through a gate is allowed.

Touch: Any physical contact with the vehicle while on course. No touch penalty will be incurred when setting up a winch or tow straps as long as the vehicle is not repositioned or moved.

Reposition: Penalty is incurred when the vehicle must be physically moved. But cannot be moved past its furthest point of progression.

Rescue: Using another vehicle to free a vehicle on course. The rig preforming the rescue will not accrue points during the rescue. You cannot use your shoe as a winch point.

DNF: A Does Not Finish will get last place for that event and they will receive those respective points. 1st place will get 100 points, 2nd gets 90 and so on...

Buddy System: When the buddy system is in use 2 vehicles will run the course. Both vehicles are scored at the same time. Buddy pairing will also be decided by chance. Method of determination will be decided on site based on number of participants.

At the end of the series, the person with the highest points will win. If you fail to show for comp will not score any points for being a slacker. At the end of the series, trophies will be presented.

Last edited by TwistedXT; 02-11-2008 at 09:04 AM.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:54 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Twisted, I think you have done a really nice job on put this "Scale Series" together. Other groups trying to do this would be wise to use your model in setting up other scale series I hope my own club looks at what you've got here.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Now it is official, You guys want me divorced!!!! Now I have to think what 7-11 to knock over to get the money for a Scaler.
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:06 AM   #5