Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Hilift/Hilux Section?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2008, 12:52 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Hilift/Hilux Section?

I know it was discussed a few years back when the Hilift first came out. But now with all the Hilux builds, wondering if any thought had been given to adding another section. After all the CR01 got it's own, and it hasn't even been released yet

I know some people have made rigs that aren't exactly Scale Section material using these axles.
@tw!ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I kinda thought it was odd that there was no bruiser/mountaineer/ blazing blazer section either....just the bruiser 101 thread. I think a hilift/hilux thread that includes the original tamiya bruiser style trucks would be cool.
Crawlin4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #3
RCC Addict

You find that that section would be more likely to happen if the entire truck was made from bruiser , hilux parts . Not a hybrid of tlt / highlift axles .
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:23 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

What about a "Tamiya Hard Body" Section that would include blazing blazers, bruisers, hilux trucks ( old and new ) mountaineers, hilifts and even the jeep wranglers, pajeros, Isuzus etc.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
RCC Addict

My reason for asking, is I'm building a tuber with new Hilux axles. Not exactly the first on RCC. We're stuck puting them in General Crawlers, which is suppossed to be for questions and announcements. It just seems since they are a viable crawling axle, they should have a section. Not to mention all the stockish Hilux and Hilift builds could also be there. It's just a thought, not a real big deal where I place a thread after all.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #6
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i agree, the highlift/lux needs its own section. even though 99% of them will be in the 1.9 scale section.

there will come a day when there will be so many axles that they will have to do away with seperate forum and start to generalize, maybe by manufacture, tamiya, kyosho, axial, etc.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #7
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
i agree, the highlift/lux needs its own section. even though 99% of them will be in the 1.9 scale section.

there will come a day when there will be so many axles that they will have to do away with seperate forum and start to generalize, maybe by manufacture, tamiya, kyosho, axial, etc.
X2 there are quite a few Hi-lifts out there and with the Hilux and the soon to be RTR people might have trouble trying to decide where to put it. Although, I wouldn't be apposed to a Tamiya section seeing as the TLT is not coming back and the CR01 and hi lift are coming into their own.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:46 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tw!ll View Post
My reason for asking, is I'm building a tuber with new Hilux axles. Not exactly the first on RCC. We're stuck puting them in General Crawlers, which is suppossed to be for questions and announcements. It just seems since they are a viable crawling axle, they should have a section. Not to mention all the stockish Hilux and Hilift builds could also be there. It's just a thought, not a real big deal where I place a thread after all.
Actually this could be put into the corresponding forum for the size tire you plan on using, i.e 1.9 or 2.2 Doesn't have to go in the general section just because your building a tuber with Hilux axles.
metomwhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:50 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by metomwhou View Post
Actually this could be put into the corresponding forum for the size tire you plan on using, i.e 1.9 or 2.2 Doesn't have to go in the general section just because your building a tuber with Hilux axles.
As I said, some of the machines I am talking about do not meet the idea of "scale". Right now there are 2 Hilift axled comp tubers in the general section. They do not look extremely scale. Even my tuber wouldn't fit my own definition of "scale". I guess my main point is these are considered by many including JRH to be viable axles, and they are even used on more than one platform. The CR01 hasn't even been released yet, and it already has it's own section.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:32 AM   #10
[HOONIGAN]

I think the TLT section should just be changed to the TLT/HI-Lift/Hilux forum or something to that effect. Just like the TXT/Jugg or TF/XF section. That way if you're building a scale rig with those axles it can go in either scale forum and if your building anything else with those axles it can go in the TLT/..... forum. Especially since the two axles are so much alike, it just seems like they should be put together and since the tlt's are dying off that section could use a little more activity.
Wrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

scale nuf said!
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:57 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecker View Post
I think the TLT section should just be changed to the TLT/HI-Lift/Hilux forum or something to that effect. Just like the TXT/Jugg or TF/XF section. That way if you're building a scale rig with those axles it can go in either scale forum and if your building anything else with those axles it can go in the TLT/..... forum. Especially since the two axles are so much alike, it just seems like they should be put together and since the tlt's are dying off that section could use a little more activity.
I would agree with this 100%. Sounds like a perfect solution. Interesting how no mods have chimed in on this at all
Old 02-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #13
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
My reason for asking, is I'm building a tuber with new Hilux axles. Not exactly the first on RCC. We're stuck puting them in General Crawlers, which is suppossed to be for questions and announcements.
Theres pleanty of build threads in General....current builds as well as dating back to 04

Quote:
Interesting how no mods have chimed in on this at all
Doesn't mean we're not reading it

I do like wreckers idea if theres any changes made.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:50 PM   #14
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
I would agree with this 100%. Sounds like a perfect solution. Interesting how no mods have chimed in on this at all

Like he ^ said.
We're reading it.
It's up to Jason and Badger to add/subtract sections though.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

How about changing the tlt section to the Tamiya section....Anything that is 1.9 or 2.2 (not just 1.9 or 2.2 based but actual scalers ) would still go in the appropriate scale section and all others that are not "scalers" could go in the Tamiya section
Old 02-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Problem with "Tamiya" section means it includes Clodbusters, TXT's, and Juggernauts.I think making it TLT/Hilift, New Hilux would be the easiest.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:51 AM   #17
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecker View Post
But we just made a CR-01 section, it doesn't make sense to have two separate sections.

Maybe a single section for Tamiya small axle rigs (TLT, HiLift/HiLux, CR01, XC). Then I say we have two new sections 2.2 Competition and Super Competition, where only competition related rigs go.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:50 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

i think griz has it right. that seems like a good idea. grouping them together like that would really solve the problems, but that would make a lot of work for the mods to move them all around together and separating the one that dont belong.
xjwalt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:05 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Default yes !!

Bruiser Mountaineer hilux section would be Great

but "Tamiya Hard Body" section i think its the best idea i heard

Last edited by LorenzoZ; 02-27-2008 at 06:09 PM.
LorenzoZ is offline   Reply With Quote