Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: chassis post in each thread?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default chassis post in each thread?

I've just been looking around and stuff, but I find it sorta difficult to see peoples chassis and stuff without having to scroll through countless pages and having to advanced search alot. Maybe just ax-10 since thats where i spend most of my time, for example, I'm in the process of trying to make my own tuber (havent started but doing a few sketches), but It would be alot easier to see how people mounted their skid plates, and where they put the holes for links and shock mounts, and it definitly seems like there would be Plenty of people that would post in it, because so many people are getting ax-10's. I might be the only one, but I think that this would be a major hit for people to make their own chassis instead of "winging" it, and then having issues with correct mounting spots, reienforcement tubes, etc... Just a thought though, and thanks for looking at my Long paragraph :-P

Cheers.
RcFanatic92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
RCC Addict

What is your comment, suggestion, or need for help?

I missed how your paragraph met up with your thread title.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Its a suggestion to add a new sticky in maybe the axial thread, to find pictures of just chassis for ideas for other people, at least I think its a good idea
Old 02-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

there is a picture thread in every section as a sticky
cyberhog05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Yes I'm aware of this. I guess it was just me that thought this would be a good idea, I just kinda thought it would be cool if there was a sticky for just chassis shots, to show people on how they built tubers and there costum chassis. Thanks for you guys' input.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

All the info people need is already on the site. People are just being lazy and don't want to search. Could you imagine how many stickys there would be if there was a sticky for every little thing. All your info is there just search and find it.
badltl510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #7
TEAM MODERATOR

IMHO,theres enough,maybe even to many stickies already.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:26 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I agree completely. Every one wants every little detail broken down and sticked so they don't have to search. It's like asking your grocery store to put all the Capt'n Crunch on one aisle so you don't have to sort through all the other cereals.
badltl510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #9
RCC Addict

That is one reason my build threads have hundreds of pics to link to and a few good shots posted up. That way I don't end up with 100 PM's about my link setup and what not. However it is true people are lazy and want to be told how to do it. That really does ruin your experience though. The main part of this hobby/sport is to find a combination that works best for you. One setup will not work for everyone. But I guess if your lazy, whatever the other guy is doing works fine.
hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Wow... And I was trying to be nice, all I said is that I thought it would be a good thing, if that was just because I was lazy then picture sticky is because there to lazy to use the search button to see how somone built there crawler, but I guess its a "newbie" agaisnt everyone else that spends there life flamming newbs, I just thought it was a good idea. And I didnt say anything about copying somones build, one build doesnt work for everyone, but ideas and concepts can work for other people.... And if you dont know the difference between copying somone and taking an idea from somone I'm sorry...
Old 03-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #11
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcFanatic92 View Post
Wow... And I was trying to be nice, all I said is that I thought it would be a good thing, if that was just because I was lazy then picture sticky is because there to lazy to use the search button to see how somone built there crawler, but I guess its a "newbie" agaisnt everyone else that spends there life flamming newbs, I just thought it was a good idea. And I didnt say anything about copying somones build, one build doesnt work for everyone, but ideas and concepts can work for other people.... And if you dont know the difference between copying somone and taking an idea from somone I'm sorry...

EASY tiger.

For one,nobody is flaming your idea or you here. It's not a "newbie" against everyone else here. When it comes down to it,it's up to the moderators and admins on what is made into a sticky. Doesn't really matter much what all the other monkeys say

Your idea ain't a bad idea,theres been allot worse. Like I stated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57
IMHO,theres enough,maybe even to many stickies already.
I know most,if not all the other mods and the admins probably agree. Having to many stickies makes the front page of the forums look cluttered,plain and simple.

Most of the stickies were made by regular members and made into a sticky cause it was a big help to that section. If you think your idea was a good one,and you wanna fool with it....collect all the info,start a thread and maybe it'll be worthy of being a sticky. Don't be heart broke if it doesn't though.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Wink

I think we need a sticky to show that not all stickies are easy stickies to follow. And in turn should not have been stuck as a sticky and confused someone looking through the stickies.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #13
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
I think we need a sticky to show that not all stickies are easy stickies to follow. And in turn should not have been stuck as a sticky and confused someone looking through the stickies.

What do you want stuck where?
Old 03-03-2008, 05:39 PM   #14
RCC Addict

PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote