Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: For Sale section.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 07:51 PM   #21
Keep it real

Bumping is when you repost the same thing for sale in a 14 day period, whether you delete the original post or not Sounds like you need to reread the For Sale Rules:-P:-P:-P:-P

(-DO NOT DELETE your own thread and create a new thread for the same items, just to get your post to the top just because you change the price or some other detail. Edit your first post. This will be considered as you trying to "Bump" your thread and this WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT ALL! If your caught doing such things, YOU WILL lose your rights to the "Classifieds" section for good. ) RCC For Sale rule #...
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I figure after 14 days if it hasn't sold, fawk it, I'll keep it.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:44 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
The only way to see the Classifieds if you don't want to buy a star, is to be on here for 30 days and to have 30 useful tech posts,
How does one post 30 "useful" tech posts....if they don't even own an RC car or know anything about it?

You're charging people to SEE what's for sale...instead of charging the people who HAVE something for sale. It's backwards. I have no problem supporting a site once I'm involved...but to pay $20 to GET involved is wrong.
SgtDoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:53 AM   #24
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDoogie View Post
You're charging people to SEE what's for sale...instead of charging the people who HAVE something for sale. It's backwards. I have no problem supporting a site once I'm involved...but to pay $20 to GET involved is wrong.
We don't charge $20 to get into the for sale section. You can get into the for sale section for free, just gotta give it 30 days and 30 posts. Becoming a supporting member of the site gives you many benefits, and one of those includes gaining access to the FS section.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:33 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
How does one post 30 "useful" tech posts....if they don't even own an RC car or know anything about it?

Going through on day 31 and posting "Nice rig" 30 times is NOT usefull tech posts. Just look around, when you find something you don't get, ask. Hit the torque twist/squat/anti-squat threads. You'll have your 30 posts before you know it.

As for giveaways, the only thing I ever won (so far) from a vendor here was one of these: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJTU8&P=7

I think it was worth $20. All the free tech info was just a bonus..... or do I have that backwards?
lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFBERG View Post
As you spend some time on here you will notice frequently there are several givaways from many different venders on here. You can also do a search for "givaway" using the search function. In the vendor section you will also see givaways from time to time. In the other various sections on RCC like the AX-10 section, TXT, electronics, ect ect. Depending on the Part or product being given away, you will see the givaway in those truck specific sections.

9 out of 10 times you have to be a star holding RCC supporting member to enter the givaway and it will state that in the givaway thread. I have seen one in my time here on RCC a givaway for I think a free year of RCC access Basicaly making you a star holding member.

Hope that helps!

Shawn
If you READ around here you'll quickly find there is a wealth of info on here. There are plenty of buy/sell items in the classifieds.

Last edited by Natedog; 11-16-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

If you want to buy a truck online go to ebay and type rock crawler, there is tons of trucks on there all the time.
Hellstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:15 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up

the only reason that i havent got a star yet is because i dont have paypal dont have 20$ but sooner or later ill ask my mom for some dough =]
breitenbach14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:42 PM   #29

I have been here for way more than 30 days, and I have 30+ posts and I cannot view the forsale section still??????
ben91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #30
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben91 View Post
I have been here for way more than 30 days, and I have 30+ posts and I cannot view the forsale section still??????
The reason you cannot see the classifieds forums yet is because the process to upgrade accounts to allow classifieds forum access only runs once an hour, so since you just posted several useless posts getting you over 30 you would normally be able to see the classifieds forums after that process is run.

Since it is pretty obvious why you recently posted a bunch of "nice ....." posts, I went ahead and deleted them. We do not allow members to quickly post useless posts just to get in the classifieds forums, if it happens again, you will never be able to see the classifieds forums.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #31

Well thats fine, but why did you delete posts of mine that actuaually had info in them. There were a few that you deleted that did. That really doesn't seem right. You also deleted posts of mine in which was asking vendors questions. Now I will have to post those questions again.
ben91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:04 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

I was under the impression that only tech posts counted, so posts in Vendor, regional, Comp and Chit chat wouldnt count anyway, was I wrong again?
lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I can't beleive that I read the above post, I had to read it twice to see if it was real or not.

$20.00 ? Hell it costs me 12-15 per day for my lunch and as far as I know I don't get any useful info out of my lunch.
This site is so full with knowledge and guys that are willing to take time out of their busy days to help others.... Granted there are some on here who just don't want to know and all they do is complain about noob's.

Who do think pays for this site to be here ? Sure they have sponsors as in the vendors and the likes but the bill for a website like this is'nt cheap. I use to belong to a Hotwheels customizing site and the guy who started it payed for it but as a whole and a community we all chipped in to help with the cost's and did anyone moan ? No, because we all knew that the knowledge and friendships gained through this site was priceless.

The short answer is if you don't like the rules then don't belong to the site, simple really. Try and find another site that has all the info you could ever need all in one place and its free ! I did'nt pay the $20.00 so I could access the F/S section nor did I pay to go in the givaways. I paid because I want to support a site that supports me and my hobbies.
I knew nothing about rock crawling when I came here and at times i'm still none the wiser, but I know if I really can't figure something out then all I have to do here is ask.

Great site, great people and the best $20 spent in a very long time.
SMUDGEBUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #34
Rock Stacker

i cant post in teh for sale i got my star
goblin79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #35
Rock Stacker

never mind i just read teh rules lol sorry
goblin79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:26 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

I can't believe the people that come on here and bitch and moan about supporting the site. I'm SOOOOOO glad that we have a 30 day/30 post rule, and I think it's very nice that you can support the site and gain instant access. I look at all of the time and resources that some of the "powers at be" have put into this site to make it what it is today, and the information that I've gained from the site, and it makes me feel selfish to only donate $20.

Thank you to the admins for all that you do. All though after reading some of the posts in here you might think otherwise, many of us really appreciate what you do.
CharliesTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #37

I have only been here a few days and when I saw this sticky I had to read it. From the information alone on this site is why I got my gold star before I ever posted in newbie section. It had nothing to do with the viewing of the for sale section or the vendors give-a-way (even though I have posted up in those ). But to support the best RC Crawler site that I have found on the net. I come from a 4x4 crawling background so I know how knowledge of other people is very helpful. There are not allot of sites that have the info that you can find here. I got my gold star because that was the best way I felt to support this forum. Being in the Army I understand how important support is. So either suck it up and post 30 good posts and wait your 30 days or send the $20 in. Not just to see the for sale section or to enter vendors give aways, but to keep a site like this up and running.
CowboysYJLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:12 AM   #38

I have purchased on the classifieds a few times and I must say that all has gone very well.With that statement i started off supporting with a gold star and it did me well..I am glad to support a great site..My star has fallen off now but i will probably do it again if needed..I am close to my 30 posts now and i don't buy much and i don't have the need to sell my stuff but i am going to buy another gold star before my post limit is near,,just to help a great site..
I did not really like the fact that you can buy your way into the classified's.. even though i did....
I get nervous when buying big ticket items anywhere..even after 800fb on bay I am still nervous. I also get that way when selling...
I like the 30 post 30 day rule..no problem there..Maybe a member support star would have been better in getting funds to run it. I mean everyone likes to have the star or stars next to their names...Makes us feel good. Most of the good boys and girls sense grade k have gotten stars for being good..Its been in our "taught dna" that long.
Just my 2cents

And thank you CowboysYJLT1 for supporting our country in such a brave way..God bless you and all the military and all your families for making my family safe.
speedbob712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:31 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

Well this is one of my first posts but thought it was a good place to start what the persons that are upset need to understand is that there are sites that let the b/s/t section become over run with scams and they will stay on those sites they don't want to support a site, they don't want to become a part of the community if you will ,they just want to scam you! I have two new favorite sites and this is one of them and others on here prolly know the other because i'm sure they go there also, soon I will purchase my star for the support of a great site thanks for all you do and all the info you all give so FREEly
Aron(slower1)
slow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:34 AM   #40
I joined the Band!

Good information here. Thanks
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote