Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: For Sale section.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 08:42 AM   #41

After using forums to learn about all kinds of tech stuff for years now, I must add that RCC is one of the best no-nonsense tech forums on the net today. Probably the best R/C forum bar none and if you're looking for crawler specific info, I promise you that you will not find more collective knowledge. If you don't believe me, go invest some time looking yourself. After you have learned most of the basics you will be glad to have RCC around because if you go looking for "crawler specific" info on general RC sites, you will spend hours upon hours re-hashing newbie questions that you no longer need to know about. I am saying all of this as a more-or-less newbie myself. In my opinion every RC'er is always going to be a newbie in a sense due in part to the rapid evolution of of the technology we're dealing with here. Sorry if I'm rambling but that's my .02. Thanks.

Last edited by boomchank; 11-02-2008 at 08:54 AM.
boomchank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Sure im interested to see the classifieds just because I cant see them and why not a star, I like stars by my name. To contribute back to a site that has provided me with priceless, valuable and useful knowledge are all great reasons. But what I really want to know is, if I pay the 20 dollars to become a supporting member, will Kamikaze be my friend? He's my idol.

Last edited by Ripperfi; 11-23-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Ripperfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripperfi View Post
But what I really want to know is, if I pay the 20 dollars to become a supporting member, will Kamikaze be my friend? He's my idol.

I doubt it.

Badger might be able to make him though........
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:37 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripperfi View Post
will Kamikaze be my friend?
I'm everyones friend till they give me a reason not to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
I doubt it.

Badger might be able to make him though........
He can't make me do anything, but I will be anyway.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

I was refered here by RC crawler mag., and some friends who are into RC's as well. I simply wanted to get some information on the crawlers I was interested in and check out what users here have for sale. It was dissapointing to find out I have to make a certain amount of posts, and be here for 30 days or buy a star. I was hoping to find something used by the time my girls B-day was here, (since this is obviously the place where people know there stuff and how to build it.) but I don't see that happening now. I think it would better for members if they had the opportunity to sell to all who came. Even Pirate4x4 gives this type of access, as well as other sites. I'm not knocking the site, and bylaws are bylaws, but it might not hurt to rethink opening up this option. As for the star, I'm still new to RC "crawlers", and will probaby surf around for info, if I like how things are helping me and feel this community is for me, I'll pony up here like I have elsewhere. Keep the drawings and vendor discounts to star owners, but open up all the sections for viewing or install a members only forum. JUST MY .02 cents. I still like the site, even tho I"ve posted up 4 times and had only one reply.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:15 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

i'm working on getting a star. I plan to buy in and get a star as soon as the economy picks up. i love this site
HOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

I was wondering how long after I get the 30 posts it takes the forum to recognize this. I have been a member for about 2 years and have just got back into crawling and forgot about the site. I am here now and have paid my dues to the rules and just wanted to know what it takes. Do the admin. open them to each member when they reach the right amount?
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
I was refered here by RC crawler mag., and some friends who are into RC's as well. I simply wanted to get some information on the crawlers I was interested in and check out what users here have for sale. It was dissapointing to find out I have to make a certain amount of posts, and be here for 30 days or buy a star. I was hoping to find something used by the time my girls B-day was here, (since this is obviously the place where people know there stuff and how to build it.) but I don't see that happening now. I think it would better for members if they had the opportunity to sell to all who came. Even Pirate4x4 gives this type of access, as well as other sites. I'm not knocking the site, and bylaws are bylaws, but it might not hurt to rethink opening up this option. As for the star, I'm still new to RC "crawlers", and will probaby surf around for info, if I like how things are helping me and feel this community is for me, I'll pony up here like I have elsewhere. Keep the drawings and vendor discounts to star owners, but open up all the sections for viewing or install a members only forum. JUST MY .02 cents. I still like the site, even tho I"ve posted up 4 times and had only one reply.
I was disappointed too. I figured it would be a matter of being able to see and buy from day one but not able to post or sell until a criteria was met, but not even being able to see the FS section at all for 30 was kinda odd to me. But hey, rules are rules and this place does seem like a great place and no doubt worth sticking around.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #49

Oh what a fantastic idea. Guess its not crossed there mind since 2006.
minreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #50
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minreg View Post
Oh what a fantastic idea. Guess its not crossed there mind since 2006.
Nope, why do we need a for sale section when we have ebay?
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

wow there is alot to read here... Lots of good info..... but alot to read
RockGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #52
I joined the Band!

Hands Down from the Days of scratching my head wondering how to convert a Wheely King to a 4x4 crawler. Best Advice on the Net and some GGGGGGGGGGGGGGreat Deals in the Classifieds
skullking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

wow well at the people i have talked to about getting a deal on a crawler obviously dont help out people..... i wish i hade the $260 to get an rtr but no im 13 and cant get a job and apparently 150 buks is not reasonable for a completely stock scx10 that has been used but oh well
slash23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: For Sale section.......

Is there any reason that I can't post a reply to a for sale thread? I can't seem to reply to any of them at all to say hey, I'm interested in so and so, sent you a PM.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Nobody can reply. If you want to buy something, send the seller a PM.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Ah, gotcha, already did that anyway. Thank you for the explanation though.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

I paid the 20.00 fee but I am trying to get a rubicon body but can not reply to the posting
timgreen82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgreen82 View Post
I paid the 20.00 fee but I am trying to get a rubicon body but can not reply to the posting

Try clicking on their avatar and pm them. Your not allowed to reply on a for sale thread, if it is not yours.
Maddog Madigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:35 AM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Yep I am dumb. Seems like I have been high jacking other threads to. To the administration guys sorry. I will send people private messages.
timgreen82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:46 AM   #60

I got my $20 star about a year ago. Have not been on this site for 6 or so months ago now I can not find for sale section what's the go there
phwoah is offline   Reply With Quote