Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Posting problems???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #1

Default Posting problems???

Last night I make a bunch of posts...come back an hour or so later and they are no longer there.

Today I make a bunch at work and get somewhere around 30 or so and get on at home....now im at like 16?? What in the world is going on?????? Posts arent even posting in my own thread if I re-open the page!
Venomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Posts made in Chit-Chat don't count towards your total.

Useless posts that are spotted by the mods are also deleted (Like saying, "Great truck!").

A mod can let you know if any of your posts made previously fell into either category.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
Built, not bought

My guess is they were deleted due to being a blatant attempt to raise your count.That many posts in a short time is a little obvious.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62PYRO View Post
My guess is they were deleted due to being a blatant attempt to raise your count.That many posts in a short time is a little obvious.
So when the thread starts out...."Just finished my ##&*@#&*@ please let me know what you think?" is stated and I chime in with..."That is totally awesome! Nice work, what are running for a battery setup?(or some other question pertaining to that vehicle)" Then that is blatant posting? By giving feedback and looking for an answer for something? No offense but Ive ran a huge mustang site with thousands and never deleted a post with someone leaving feedback or asking a question on something. I really hope its something different then some jerk deleting something that i question...I may be a newbie and all, but to sit here and promote the site and get new members, and buy into this hobby...that maybe things would be a lil more relax. Cuz i have seen some blatant BS posts on here. Granted its just my opinion which wont mean jack to someone who is a mod/admin or so forth. But I mean at least let me have my 25 to earn viewing rights and everything else necessary to equally participate in everything the site has to offer!

Sorry, rant and vent is over now!

(a post whore , blatant post i could see being..." Hi" "Cool" etc and stupid stuff like that.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPE MT View Post
Posts made in Chit-Chat don't count towards your total.

Useless posts that are spotted by the mods are also deleted (Like saying, "Great truck!").

A mod can let you know if any of your posts made previously fell into either category.
Thats what I am looking for! Emailed the admin as well! Just as of right now the post is going lower and lower! I dont care about the count! I just want the rights of classifieds to purchase and view and participate in the giveaways and so forth. Dont want to spend the money to support if I am not gonna get full access! (As much as it may seem that I am bitching, I am not. Just looking for an explanation for something that maybe i missed or overlooked)
Old 04-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
Keep it real

Have you read the rules lately.... I'll make it easy for ya...http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/misc.php?do=cfrules

Looking at all your posts, I see a # that should have netted you infractions already.....

Last edited by Tanis; 04-19-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #7
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomos View Post
Thats what I am looking for! Emailed the admin as well! Just as of right now the post is going lower and lower! I dont care about the count! I just want the rights of classifieds to purchase and view and participate in the giveaways and so forth. Dont want to spend the money to support if I am not gonna get full access! (As much as it may seem that I am bitching, I am not. Just looking for an explanation for something that maybe i missed or overlooked)
So you want to gain access to the classifieds, but you don't want to support the site. It states clearly in the Forum Rules that doing exactly what you are doing is clearly against the rules. You say you don't care about post count, but then you contradict yourself and say you just want access to the classifieds...
Don't feel like you are getting singled out, you aren't the only one trying to do this.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
So you want to gain access to the classifieds, but you don't want to support the site. It states clearly in the Forum Rules that doing exactly what you are doing is clearly against the rules. You say you don't care about post count, but then you contradict yourself and say you just want access to the classifieds...
Don't feel like you are getting singled out, you aren't the only one trying to do this.

See no, this is exactly what i expected would happen. Everyone looking for a flame war! After I have my 25, I dont care! I WILL Not support something if someone is going to take things away! If the star is the only thing I need then no problem. But I have seen stuff that requires 25 posts and a star to be involved with. So being that I am NEW to this...and obviously going to have a TON of questions I am being pushed aside and my posts deleted asking someone something??? Then when someone types in the subject line..." Just finished my tuber tell me what you think" I am not allowed to compliment their truck when the thread clearly states to do that? If it was a one, or two word response I could understand. But the fact that I sat there and read the entire thread and gave my opinion that it doesnt count?? What about my own thread i created in the AX10 Scorpion section about gearing??? I ask about motor advice and put two posts after each other quoting two comments. They both got deleted and were talking 3 or 4 sentences at minimum. Thats pretty valid if you ask me!

Next question is...What am I DOING??? That is against the rules?? Trying to learn, trying to make relationships and give opinions to others??? Seriously i see a major problem and concern here. I didnt even want this to go to where its at?? I would even like to talk to admin verbally just to get out what my point is because of how difficult it is to type something with no tone or action. Then they could see...all i am trying to do is learn, enjoy and have fun.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
RCC Addict

There is NOTHING that requires 25 posts to get involved with. Stars have to be purchased, they aren't earned. And since you just joined on the 14th, you aren't going to be able to see the classifieds for awhile anyway.

Calm down! Relax! Read and make useful comments and opinions, and all will be right with the world.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #10

Quote:

As for the classifieds Im not even that concerned at the present time about it due to the amount of toys i presently have. But to see what others have to offer to buy for my friends would be awesome. Especially with the paypal reputation and ebay rep that i have created. Those two alone show for starters...Im not on here to screw someone over or use the site for just profit. I have posted pics of my crawler and started threads and comments for advice from you pros that have access to everything awesome. Trying to make some relationships with you knowledge gods to steer me in the right direction. I just want to be able to participate in everything fun that you all are able to do. But i feel as tho someone or so forth are not allowing me to do that or dont want me to for some reason. But thats why I was asking is there something I overlooked or so forth?

Just looking for some help bro, not any probs! It might look like i have an attitude when i dont, thats why i hate trying to get a point across over the computer. Cant see my laughs, smiles, or crossed eyebrows! LOL!
Old 04-19-2008, 06:20 PM   #11
RCC Addict

If you buy a $20 star, you can instantly see all the classified ads (regardless of join date or post count I beleive) and will also be eligible to enter any of the vendor giveaways. Any of the giveaways here are worth way more than the $20 star will cost.

One other thing, posts in this section don't count towards your total either...
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
There is NOTHING that requires 25 posts to get involved with. Stars have to be purchased, they aren't earned. And since you just joined on the 14th, you aren't going to be able to see the classifieds for awhile anyway.

Calm down! Relax! Read and make useful comments and opinions, and all will be right with the world.

Sorry its 30, my fault i screwed up the numbers.

But here is one that i could see MAYBE why it would be deleted. But I cant let jaxcoffee know that I think his giveaway list is Awesome???
Your going to "DIG" this prize.

He even commented, which i would like to do back to say you will be seeing an entry from me. But from the looks of it...that would be deleted?!?!?! I cant even learn from the things I ask from someone personal....Do you at least see where I am coming from or partially understand what I am getting at?
Old 04-19-2008, 06:21 PM   #13
Keep it real

OK, quick question for you. Did you go back and read the Forum Rules? If you did, you would see what we don't tolerate here. I can look at all your posts(whether they have been deleted or not), and I know exactly what your posts said.
The only thing you have to have a miminum # of posts for, is to access the classifieds. When we click on a section, and we see one persons name on 10 different recent threads, a couple of minutes apart, we take a closer look at what they are. After reading your posts, it became quite obvious you were just trying to get your post count up to gain the classifieds, which you even admit to above.
You posted in several giveaway threads, even though you don't have a star, and you admit that you know you have to have a star to enter giveaways.
I'm confused, you seem to understand some of the rules, but you choose to ignore them
Old 04-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPE MT View Post
If you buy a $20 star, you can instantly see all the classified ads (regardless of join date or post count I beleive) and will also be eligible to enter any of the vendor giveaways. Any of the giveaways here are worth way more than the $20 star will cost.

One other thing, posts in this section don't count towards your total either...

Didnt expec the posts to count due to it being a suggestions and help forum. I have Vbulletin on my site and dont allow those either.

And this site has giveaways way better than 20 bucks, but I want the expierence and responses from you guys with the killer rigs that are more than I will ever have from my stock RTR Scorpion, at least anytime soon!
Old 04-19-2008, 06:26 PM   #15
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomos View Post
Sorry its 30, my fault i screwed up the numbers.

But here is one that i could see MAYBE why it would be deleted. But I cant let jaxcoffee know that I think his giveaway list is Awesome???
Your going to "DIG" this prize.

He even commented, which i would like to do back to say you will be seeing an entry from me. But from the looks of it...that would be deleted?!?!?! I cant even learn from the things I ask from someone personal....Do you at least see where I am coming from or partially understand what I am getting at?
By simply posting in a giveaway thread, is how you enter the giveaway.
So when you post up telling him it's an awesome giveaway, you just entered the giveaway. Clear as mud yet?

We're not out to get you,BTW
Old 04-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #16

Posting in it is what I wanted to do to enter, but now I need to buy my star!

Here is a post I am concerned about...I am pretty sure it was one of the tuber ones thinking the one with the bronco tuber setup. But I questioned about 1/4" steel brake line for a setup and what those people in that thread thought....Its gone?!?!?!?!

On this forum, should I address each question i have with my own thread for each one?

Cuz there is alot that I would like answers to but havent recieved due to the posts being deleted! Or could the mod that deleted this particular one PM me to discuss this?
Old 04-19-2008, 08:15 PM   #17

Quote:
OK, quick question for you. Did you go back and read the Forum Rules? If you did, you would see what we don't tolerate here. I can look at all your posts(whether they have been deleted or not), and I know exactly what your posts said.
The only thing you have to have a miminum # of posts for, is to access the classifieds. When we click on a section, and we see one persons name on 10 different recent threads, a couple of minutes apart, we take a closer look at what they are. After reading your posts, it became quite obvious you were just trying to get your post count up to gain the classifieds, which you even admit to above.
You posted in several giveaway threads, even though you don't have a star, and you admit that you know you have to have a star to enter giveaways.
I'm confused, you seem to understand some of the rules, but you choose to ignore them

First....I posted in ONE giveaway, stating to that person I really liked their hookup for the members here... Plus his giveaway was a drawing or pic...not a post. Did not post in any other giveaways, only read.

I kept in one section when I posted for the most part...90 to 95% of it being AX10 Scorpion...

Correct me if im wrong so far.

Lastly, I did not ignore any rules at all... I needed post count i was making legit posts. I liked someones rig that asked for feedback...I gave it. I did not respond with any negative ones or didnt comment in ones that I did not care for. So everything was kept within the realms of what I like?

I could probably comment and influence alot of threads with facts and knowledge based large paragraphs by the 10s in a matter of what probably takes a majority of people to type out 2 or 3 sentences on here in a matter of the same amount of time. Which im sure when I am on at the same time and in this thread as the ones commenting, can be seen from the length of the comments and the minimal amount of time it takes to respond with them. So if I should wait 5 minutes before making posts then please take away the 30 second post count limit and make it 5 minutes for me then. I did not just start posting things like cool, I like it, and so forth. I admitted to maybe 3 or 4 posts being on the shorter side of things but at least a few comments. But almost all of the other posts had a question of some sort. Please go back and review them since you seem to have the ability to and see where I am coming from. Especially the tuber one. But like your rig? if i go in and look at a build of it, say i think its awesome and what did you do for a certain thing. is that going to get deleted? cuz thats how it seems. See where I am coming from and my concern? Obviously i like this site or wouldnt even be talking about this, i woulda gotten ignorant and left. Im just concerned with getting my questions answered, getting my name familiar with others so its recognizable and then pursuing those friendships and relationships. Cuz do you really give alot of effort or time towards someone you havent seen before? Or when you see someones name a bunch of times and they like the things you have done, u would remember them right? Maybe give them a little bit more attention or throw them a hook up, spend that lil extra to help out. Right? Thats how it always seemed at least in the car world and in the fullsize off road truck forums. You respected everyone, but those that were more involved benefited more from the site and the members!

Last edited by Venomos; 04-19-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:09 PM   #18
Keep it real

You need to use the Search button and look around the site to try to find answers before you go posting up questions that have been asked 100 times before
And when someone says they will post pictures of their builds, don't ask them if they uploaded them yet, just wait until they do. While most of your posts weren't "Good job", the reason for posting all those posts was to get your post count up in a hurry to get into the classifieds, which you already admitted was why you were posting.
You can learn a lot more from using the search button. I use the search button all the time, very helpful tool.