Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: for who it may concern

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default for who it may concern

well ive thought about this for a while, the main board, this is just a sugjestion, but could use a main thread for 6x6 and 8x8 as a thread, and maybe even one just for tubers, all sizes, like i said just aa thought, didnt really didnt know who to message anyway, but got to make like a rock and crawl
lizard017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2008, 12:43 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I like the idea of a tuber section, just throw some tuber pic galleries in there, a how to thread, and a tuber buyer's guide. and you got a start.
If I remember right some of these threads already exist they would just need to be cleaned up and moved.
I like the idea
Speedyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:00 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I agree a section for 6x6 and above would be pretty cool

I think a section for comp specific crawlers would work better than a tuber specific section, just because tubers can be either comp rigs or scale. just a thought
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #4
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 Technique View Post
I agree a section for 6x6 and above would be pretty cool

I think a section for comp specific crawlers would work better than a tuber specific section, just because tubers can be either comp rigs or scale. just a thought
This should have been posted in comments and suggestions.

This has been posted a number of times before (maybe not the 6x6 and 8x. There are probably a couple dozen 6x6 or 8x8 on this board, that would pretty much be a waste of a section. Those rigs should just be placed in the sections in which the axles they are using came from. That way if people want to find more info on building a rig they can just search.

Examples:
I want to see some 6x6's
- Search "6x6"

I have a ton of TLT axles, I wonder how I could build a 6x6
-Go to TLT Section
-Click search this forum and type "6x6"

Rinse and repeat..........

Tubers are a different. There are tons of good tutorials on how to build them, and tons of examples under each section. If you search "tuber" you will read until your eyes bleed. The biggest thing with a tuber is setting up your suspension properly and that has a lot to do with your axle choice. There you are right back at how the sections are currently devided.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I want a section of RCC for just boobies.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
This should have been posted in comments and suggestions.

This has been posted a number of times before (maybe not the 6x6 and 8x. There are probably a couple dozen 6x6 or 8x8 on this board, that would pretty much be a waste of a section. Those rigs should just be placed in the sections in which the axles they are using came from. That way if people want to find more info on building a rig they can just search.

Examples:
I want to see some 6x6's
- Search "6x6"

I have a ton of TLT axles, I wonder how I could build a 6x6
-Go to TLT Section
-Click search this forum and type "6x6"

Rinse and repeat..........

Tubers are a different. There are tons of good tutorials on how to build them, and tons of examples under each section. If you search "tuber" you will read until your eyes bleed. The biggest thing with a tuber is setting up your suspension properly and that has a lot to do with your axle choice. There you are right back at how the sections are currently devided.
you make some good points, I'm pretty new to the site and I can see this has already been thought about extensively. I think a picture archive just for 6x6 and above would be cool, and everyone could add a link to their builds.

as far as the comp rigs section, I am building a comp rig right now and when I posted some pics I put them in the 2.2 section, I now realize I probably should have put them in the axial section considering my axles and tranny are axial.

I do however think that there is enough builds of comp rigs to add a section specifically for them, regardless of what axles they are using.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #7
Web Wheeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
I want a section of RCC for just boobies.

Man boobies?
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #8
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 Technique View Post
I do however think that there is enough builds of comp rigs to add a section specifically for them, regardless of what axles they are using.
A comp rig is a very vauge term. The point of building and tuning rigs in the matter we do is to gain maximum performance. "Comp rigs" have rules and guildlines they must fall into but even those who aren't building "comp rigs" usually build by the same general guildlines.

The only thing I can think of that wouldn't fall within that would be trail rigs (not quite scale but also not very capable). As the addage goes "if you give a mouse a cookie......."

I think we have enough sections and everything is well divided. The best addition I have seen was the regions and state by state, that was an amazing improvement.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
A comp rig is a very vauge term. The point of building and tuning rigs in the matter we do is to gain maximum performance. "Comp rigs" have rules and guildlines they must fall into but even those who aren't building "comp rigs" usually build by the same general guildlines.

The only thing I can think of that wouldn't fall within that would be trail rigs (not quite scale but also not very capable). As the addage goes "if you give a mouse a cookie......."

I think we have enough sections and everything is well divided. The best addition I have seen was the regions and state by state, that was an amazing improvement.
I agree that everything on this site is well divided, and the North Dakota section has helped all of us in ND find each other and organize our summer series comps, which has worked out for us amazingly.

I'm not saying that anything on this site SHOULD be changed, I'm basically just thinking out loud, or through my keyboard I suppose
Old 06-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
Man boobies?
Both are good. I like them nice and firm, not too firm, but firm. None of that jell-o like action but not too fake either.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
Man boobies?
dude, you gotta be gay to even think that, WTF were you thinking, he!! well unless your a chick, lol
Old 06-07-2008, 06:01 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Post Post for the Man Boobies Gallery...
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

dam man thats just wrong