Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: search feature not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default search feature not working

Am I the only one can't use the search feature because of the obnoxus RCC LIVE banner?
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

go advanced
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
Am I the only one can't use the search feature because of the obnoxus RCC LIVE banner?
You must be...

I can get it to work just fine...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

The banner is over the search box here as well.
mmbackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Definitely posted this in the wrong forum.

What is your screen resolution? Which browser? What OS, take a screen shot. Show us somethin.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #6
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc J33P View Post
Definitely posted this in the wrong forum.

What is your screen resolution? Which browser? What OS, take a screen shot. Show us somethin.
Same here.

1280 X 800, IE , XP

ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

1280 x 800, IE and Vista. It looks just like the pic that thinktank posted. I'm not very IT savy, so I just have to deal with whatever is thrown at me.

Which catagory should I have posted in? Thanks to whoever moved it.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #8
PapaGriz Yo

Yeah, it blocks all the drop down tabs. I can't click on "Quick Links"/"Todays Posts".
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #9
Built, not bought

Don't tell me Jason screwed things up AGAIN.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

you mean not only do we have to wait 60 seconds inbetween searches (the most annoying search feature of any forum I've ever used), but now this?

Time for some remedial programming work to the site, it would appear.
Master Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:54 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

you can even get to advanced search from there

bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #12
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Basher View Post
you mean not only do we have to wait 60 seconds inbetween searches (the most annoying search feature of any forum I've ever used), but now this?

What is it with you whiners?
Pirate4X4 makes non-star members wait 5 minutes between, 60 seconds WON'T KILL YOU.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yep, I agree....your IP address should be blocked.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #14
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Yeah, it blocks all the drop down tabs. I can't click on "Quick Links"/"Todays Posts".
same here...
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:27 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Yep, I agree....your IP address should be blocked.

It's static, Stephen Hawkings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
What is it with you whiners?
Pirate4X4 makes non-star members wait 5 minutes between, 60 seconds WON'T KILL YOU.
Whiners? That's about like calling someone lazy for using the remote control on a television.

Since the both of you are too thick skulled to 'get it', let me explain it to you. I am the forum user that all forums want, and encourage. I am the forum user who has a LOT of disposable income, and USE it to BUY things I see and find on THIS forum. If I'm searching for something, it's usually to find something that I want, and where I can buy it, and the FIRST place that I look it HERE and this forums VENDORS. If I have to wait 60 seconds inbetween searches (good lord I'll NEVER wait 5 minutes), I may be inclined to do a Google search and find my answer ELSEWHERE, and spend my money ELSEWHERE as well.

Chew on that for a moment JeremyH, and get a clue. Your comments were neither constructive or helpful, and you can keep them to yourself, and you can choose NOT to direct them towards a member of this forum that actually CONTRIBUTES meaningful content and information, such as myself.

I've spent more than seven thousand dollars on Radio Control stuff this year alone, a good bit of that is linked to this site, probably 4g's of it in fact. You think it would be a wise business decision to block my IP address? Probably not. So why don't you practice your psuedo-smart ass routine on your Fisher-Price or Mattel forums. -or better yet, bang your head on death metal until you find some 'sense' in it.

Last edited by Master Basher; 09-05-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Master Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:31 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

HMMMM
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It's static, Stephen Hawkings.
Whiners? That's about like calling someone lazy for using the remote control on a television.
Since the both of you are too thick skulled to 'get it', let me explain it to you. I am the forum user that all forums want, and encourage. I am the forum user who has a LOT of disposable income, and USE it to BUY things I see and find on THIS forum. If I'm searching for something, it's usually to find something that I want, and where I can buy it, and the FIRST place that I look it HERE and this forums VENDORS. If I have to wait 60 seconds inbetween searches (good lord I'll NEVER wait 5 minutes), I may be inclined to do a Google search and find my answer ELSEWHERE, and spend my money ELSEWHERE as well.
Chew on that for a moment JeremyH, and get a clue. Your comments were neither constructive or helpful, and you can keep them to yourself, and you can choose NOT to direct them towards a member of this forum that actually CONTRIBUTES meaningful content and information, such as myself.
I've spent more than seven thousand dollars on Radio Control stuff this year alone, a good bit of that is linked to this site, probably 4g's of it in fact. You think it would be a wise business decision to block my IP address? Probably not. So why don't you practice your psuedo-smart ass routine on your Fisher-Price or Mattel forums. -or better yet, bang your head on death metal until you find some 'sense' in it.
Several thousand dollars....and you cant even purchase a star....

You say that you "contribute" to this forum?!?! In the past month or so that you have been here??....whatever. I have never even seen you on here before. The only post I have seen you make was whining about the forum that you dont support. So....basically, you dont give to this site, only take and then complain when it isnt exactly how you like it. Let me guess.....you will next start a whiner's thread about how you dont like the Giveaway threads.... How about you deflate that ego of yours and use this forum the way the owners set it up.

Oh...and BTW, it's Stephen Hawking....genius.

To the OP, now that this was moved to the correct forum....I'm sure that you'll find plenty of other threads on this very subject.

Last edited by JeremyH; 09-05-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #18
Release your anger..

Quote:

You ARE whining about the stupidest possible reason.
As I said EARILER , 60 seconds won't kill you.
It may be somewhat inconvenient but not intolerable.

Quote:

So please tell me how this post is both constructive and helpful and how it contributes to the forum? \/\/\/

Quote:

If you feel that the searches should be less than 60 seconds ask Jason or Badger to see if it can be changed instead of throwing a hissy fit.

BTW just as a FYI this RCC, if you make a dumb post or a mistake you will corrected. It's nothing personal.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:50 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Wow...I thought this was going to be about the RCC live banner that covers up the search bar that you fill in....Boy was I wrong.

Relax guys...you both need a time out.

Badger can you change the overlapping banner so it does not interfere with the header drop down menus?
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkilburn View Post
Badger can you change the overlapping banner so it does not interfere with the header drop down menus?
Most of the mods are out of town right now...