Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: rccrawler videos for hs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default rccrawler videos for hs?

Yesterday when I went to my LHS they asked me if I had a rc crawling video they could play in the store TV. So I was thinking and maybe we could make videos for the hobby shpos to play in the stores to promote crawling? Like the raceing tapes they play.

????
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2005, 08:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

That would be awsome! Let me see what I can do.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:14 PM   #3
R.I.P. Chip

Twisted Digtal Video has a ton of RCCrawling footage in several of their videos. I know they talked about making a DVD just full of crawling footage, is there enough interest?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:44 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I was thinking it could be informational also. It could discribe the hole rccrawler scene form prefered types of crawlers to the companys that are starting to come out with crawling products.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:11 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
I was thinking it could be informational also. It could discribe the hole rccrawler scene form prefered types of crawlers to the companys that are starting to come out with crawling products.
And Free!
JakeTheAlligatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:16 AM   #6
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
I know they talked about making a DVD just full of crawling footage, is there enough interest?
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW- jason, wasn't they out at UROC in IN this year? Did they get any footage from that event?
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 01:18 PM   #7
RCC Addict

If you think your hobby shop would be intrested in getting one of these videos ask them, and if they are post it here so we can get an idea if the will be a demand.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:47 AM   #8

TwistedDV has been working on producing a strictly RC video for a while now, we already have several hours of footage for the video and I would just like to take a second to thank the guys that have been out crawling with us! After I captured the footage I realized it was way to good to just throw together and put on the web, so when it is realased~ it will be in the form of a teaser for the new RC exclusive video From TwistedDV. So, with that said ~ what does your #1 source for RC Rockcrawling want to see in their new DVD? Post up your suggestions for the film and we will randomly select a few people to WIN A FREE COMPY OF THE DVD WHEN IT IS RELEASED! Thanks again to everyone who has come out to film with us!
J

Last edited by TwistedDV; 08-08-2005 at 12:15 PM.
TwistedDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:39 AM   #9
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedDV
TwistedDV has been working on producing a strictly RC video for a while now, we already have several hours of footage for the video and I would just like to take a second to thank the guys that have been out crawling with us! After I captured the footage I realized it was way to good to just throw together and put on the web, so when it is realased~ it will be in the form of a teaser for the new RC exclusive video From TwistedDV. So, with that said ~ what does your #1 source for RC Rockcrawling want to see in their new DVD? Post up your suggestions for the film and we will randomly select a few people to WIN AFREE COMPY OF THE DVD WHEN IT IS RELEASED! Thanks again to everyone who has come out to film with us!
J
That's awesome that you guys are going to do an all R/C crawler video.

Are you going to be around when Badger comes to town? You'd be able to get a ton of footage that weekend. Not sure how random your R/C footage is, but keeping the segments event/location specific with some good tunes would be killer!! I don't think the video needs any tech, we can send them here for that!!
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:39 PM   #10

We are very excited about it as well!! Jason sets up the "events" we film so the locations great and we have great turnouts. The new camera jibs we fabricated for filming the RCcrawlers are working great so if you see me with some crazy homebrew stuff you will LOL! I will be filming with Badger and Jason that weekend, that's all I can tell you. We will start a seperate thread when the time is right as I don't mean to hijack this one, just speaking up - I want to see what the real intrest level for the video will be both on-line and at your LHS.
J
Old 08-08-2005, 08:34 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Anything you guys put out will be awesome!

Maybe you guys will be at the MOAB event in Sept.

4-5 East Coast Drivers will be there to make it the 1st true National event!
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:20 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

The lhs said they would play a in store loop.
I like it when the video says clod or tlt. When showing a segment of one truck.
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:06 AM   #13

Fishmaxx - Thanks man! I will try to make it to Utah in Sept - gotta have the east coast represented!

Cole82- PM me the shops name and address and I will send them a looping teaser before the video is released to show in their store! Thanks for the comments and LHS hookups! keep 'em coming!
J
Old 08-09-2005, 11:54 AM   #14
PapaGriz Yo

We need trail ride footage as well as comp rig stuff. There are two aspects that appeal to people, the wild all-out comp rigs, and the scale "miniature trail rigs".

I think it would be great to have some "scale" rigs winching up obstacles and doing scale trail stuff. Kinda like how you shoot the 1:1 guys on a trail and have that footage mixed in with the comp footage.
Feedback from the people that I have shown my rigs to, and built rigs for, indicate that alot of 1:1 wheelers like seeing miniature versions of what they drive on the trail.

I'll be more than happy to get western with The Duke2.2 for the camera.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:06 PM   #15
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4
I'll be more than happy to get western with The Duke2.2 for the camera.
The Duke2.2 and my Toy Flatbed would look sick on a trail run winching up stuff!

I don't remember if the Duke2.2 has a winch, if it doesn't you best mount one cause you'll need need it to follow the Mounty.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:33 PM   #16
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
The Duke2.2 and my Toy Flatbed would look sick on a trail run winching up stuff!

I don't remember if the Duke2.2 has a winch, if it doesn't you best mount one cause you'll need need it to follow the Mounty.
Don't worry. The Duke2.2 is fully trail ready.

You do have good tow hooks for me to pull you out don't you?
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:16 PM   #17

The duke and that flat bed toy are so awesome! You better keep an eye on the toyota and not let it outta your sight - it might disappear LOL! I do agree the footage I have of the duke version X.X? winching up stuff is schweet and would make great "trail" style footage! This we will have to do! Thanks for the great comments guys!
J