Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: for sale section

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default for sale section

so i read the rules and i posted up a link to our club site in the for sale area. its got pics and prices and you can view without being a member. you can also pm me here about the stuff. since i cant post pics here. and yet i didnt break the rules. but i dont see my post at all. whats the deal.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
MODERHATER™

I click on a add, I look for a price, I look to see the history of the seller.

I don't see a price, I delete it.

I don't like what I see, I delete it.

Photos are not hard to host on a image hosting site, there is a sticky here in this section on how to do it.

I hope I answered your question.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
so i read the rules and i posted up a link to our club site in the for sale area. its got pics and prices and you can view without being a member. you can also pm me here about the stuff. since i cant post pics here. and yet i didnt break the rules. but i dont see my post at all. whats the deal.

So you want me to go away from RCC to view your stuff? Why?

Cut and paste takes about 3.4 seconds. Stop being lazy. If you want to sell your stuff on RCC, post it on RCC.

It also takes a while(minutes to maybe a day) for your ad to show up as the Mods of that section need to approve the ad first... that is if they approve it.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:40 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
so i read the rules and i posted up a link to our club site in the for sale area. its got pics and prices and you can view without being a member.
You posted a link to your club site in the for sale forum?

Is your club up for sale?
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:26 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

wow, no wonder i dont visit here much. waste of time.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:52 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I click on a add, I look for a price, I look to see the history of the seller.

I don't see a price, I delete it.

Photos are not hard to host on a image hosting site, there is a sticky here in this section on how to do it.

All I have to say is "WOW". Great attitude from a mod on RCC!!!! Maybe the thought or ROAR running things and not RCC isnt a bad idea . But back to the topic at hand, I believe you need to re read your own rules you posted, you stated perfectly clear "- No links to Ebay are allowed and- No Craigslist adds either" Nothing about linking to other clubs sites, nothing about you not liking what you see.

Its things like this that keep me just lurking around on here, Its like the lil PBB wannabee forum LOLZ
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:56 AM   #7
Who's your Daddy-0!

Not a waste of time? But why would you link it to another site in the for sale forum? Why not just list it on here for sale? No one is going to buy from you like that? It seems shady. Spend the $20 and you can post all the picts you want or just be cheap and don't and use something like Photobucket and just add the link for the picts? And don't ask questions like this and not expect to get some crap about it.....Go to WalMart and start putting up K-Mart signs and see what happens
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:03 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

well you could answer a question for me...

is it wrong they way he posted his ad? nowhere in the rules does it say that an ad could not be linked to a different site then RCC. there are pictures and prices in his ad... so by the sounds of it its was a judgement call on your behalf that YOU didn't like the way he tried to post his ad, but he followed the rules... so you deleted the ad. Correct? all the rules state no craigslist ads or Ebay...

This is the internet so please be cautious when dealing with members. Anything too good to be true normally is. When conducting business over the internet - Please Use Caution. Whenever possible use a payment method that protects you from fraud (i.e., Paypal). As a seller make sure to get a delivery confirmation to protect you from a buyer charge back.

RCC will in no way be responsible or liable in any form or fashion should a transaction in the classifieds go bad.

RCC has changed the For Sale section as you have noticed and we may make a few more changes still. As it stands right now, these are the rules that apply.

-Only the following members can now see the Classifieds forums:

* Be a member of the site for at least 30 days.
* Have a minimum of 30 posts.
or
* Become a supporting member of the site.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/payments.php

-No one can reply to those threads, even the people that wrote them. So there is no "Bumping" your own thread or anyone else's.

-People can delete their own threads, when the item is sold.

-DO NOT DELETE your own thread and create a new thread for the same items, just to get your post to the top just because you change the price or some other detail. Edit your first post. This will be considered as you trying to "Bump" your thread and this WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT ALL! If your caught doing such things, YOU WILL lose your rights to the "Classifieds" section for good.

-Threads older than 15 days, will be pruned and deleted from the system. After that time has passed feel free to relist your item if it has not sold.

-As stated above - You CAN NOT REPLY to a thread. You must PM or email the seller only.

-As usual all ads must be preapproved before they show up, and must include a price. Wait until your add is approved, do not keep posting it, it will be approved when time permits.

- We are now allowing Nylint axles and the chassis' to be sold on RCC. So that means you can sell EVERYTHING from your Nylint now.

- No links to Ebay are allowed

- No Craigslist adds either

- No "Best Offer (BO)" allowed. Figure out a selling price you would accept and stick to it, this is not E-Bay. You can state a selling price, then have OBO after that.

- if you want your post approved, then keep images to a decent size. Huge pics will get the thread axed faster than anything. Biggest pic possible would be 800x600.[/color]

ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT REPOST YOUR ADD TO GET IT TO THE TOP!!! YOU MUST WAIT 15 DAYS BEFORE DOING SO. I WILL NOT REMIND YOU, YOU WILL JUST BE REMOVED FROM THE CLASSIFIEDS.

Last edited by needs2hunt; 10-03-2008 at 01:07 AM.
needs2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:06 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Not a waste of time? But why would you link it to another site in the for sale forum? Why not just list it on here for sale? No one is going to buy from you like that? It seems shady. Spend the $20 and you can post all the picts you want or just be cheap and don't and use something like Photobucket and just add the link for the picts? And don't ask questions like this and not expect to get some crap about it.....Go to WalMart and start putting up K-Mart signs and see what happens
Well first you must be new to forums due to your stupidity! One usually posts up in full on the forums they mainly use and then links on the sites they really dont use. This also helps with sales where the secondary site has a low post count or user feedback. Also Im sure if he is selling his crawler he is really not going to need nor want a membership to a hobby he does not do any more, nor would he want one where the turds whine about having to click on a link ..........................

food for thought: the guy saying people are cheap has the quote of "K-Mart and Walmart" in the same sentance, go figure

Last edited by JokersWild; 10-03-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:07 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by biteme View Post
well you could answer a question for me...

is it wrong they way he posted his ad? nowhere in the rules does it say that an ad could not be linked to a different site then RCC. there are pictures and prices in his ad... so by the sounds of it its was a judgement call on your behalf that YOU didn't like the way he tried to post his ad, but he followed the rules... so you deleted the ad. Correct? all the rules state no craigslist ads or Ebay...

Welcome to RCC, where we just make up the rules as we go
Old 10-03-2008, 05:44 AM   #11
MODERHATER™

All the time you spent thinking and typing a response to this you could have just made a add that complied with the rules. It is simple, add must have a price, I did not see a price. Whats so hard to get about that?
Old 10-03-2008, 07:40 AM   #12
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
All the time you spent thinking and typing a response to this you could have just made a add that complied with the rules. It is simple, add must have a price, I did not see a price. Whats so hard to get about that?
You're wasting your breath. They will never get it. You wouldn't think it would be that hard to follow some simple directions. Apparently not.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:43 AM   #13
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
All I have to say is "WOW". Great attitude from a mod on RCC!!!! Maybe the thought or ROAR running things and not RCC isnt a bad idea . But back to the topic at hand, I believe you need to re read your own rules you posted, you stated perfectly clear "- No links to Ebay are allowed and- No Craigslist adds either" Nothing about linking to other clubs sites, nothing about you not liking what you see.

Its things like this that keep me just lurking around on here, Its like the lil PBB wannabee forum LOLZ
Don't go away mad.......................Just go away.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
Don't go away mad.......................Just go away.

if you would have checked his ad there are prices. and pictures , so there was nothing wrong with his ad...

and if you want me to go away. make me!!

Now i know why i have such a low post count ! this site resembles Pirate too damn much! that why i will never pay for a star here...
needs2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #15
R.I.P. Chip

I went and looked at the ad in question and there is no price posted at all in the ad. That is the bottom line and in fact that is the mod note that 666 put down when he did not approve the ad.

If the same ad would have been posted with a price it would have been approved.

There is no problem with posting a link to another site for pics.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #16
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Well first you must be new to forums due to your stupidity! One usually posts up in full on the forums they mainly use and then links on the sites they really dont use. This also helps with sales where the secondary site has a low post count or user feedback. Also Im sure if he is selling his crawler he is really not going to need nor want a membership to a hobby he does not do any more, nor would he want one where the turds whine about having to click on a link ..........................

food for thought: the guy saying people are cheap has the quote of "K-Mart and Walmart" in the same sentance, go figure

Yep I know nothing about the "Forums" Check my feedback I took it as if he was trying to sell something from another site and just link it? And whats wrong with WalMart? So where do you go to get your Tampons then?
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

well if YOU took the time to click the link there ARE prices and pics. not lazy just dont want to pay 20 bucks for something im NOT going to use but once. and i do not promote rcc nor will i ever endorse rcc. its all about $ isnt it. just to line your pockets. you may delete me permanentlyi will NOT be returning to this forum. good day to you, pricks.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:07 PM   #18
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
well if YOU took the time to click the link there ARE prices and pics. not lazy just dont want to pay 20 bucks for something im NOT going to use but once. and i do not promote rcc nor will i ever endorse rcc. its all about $ isnt it. just to line your pockets. you may delete me permanentlyi will NOT be returning to this forum. good day to you, pricks.
You said you followed the rules, by posting a price, I went back and looked at your ad and it did not have a price, so you didn't follow the rules and your ad was not approved. That's the bottom line.

Paying $20 and becoming a subscribing member has nothing to do with any of that.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #19
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
good day to you, pricks.

What do I have to do with any of this?
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:20 PM   #20
MODERHATER™

Just to add to the fact, I click on your link, it says I have to log in to see it........