Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Today's Post function enable

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 09:26 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question Today's Post function enable

Hello,
In the last 3 days, when a try to use Today's Post in the Quick Links Tab, I've this message:

"
eFly, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
I've any problem with my account?

Thanks and best regards
eFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Yeah i can't search for threads either:-(
crawl rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

There are quite a few posts in this section discussing the same topic.

Some sections of this forum have temporarily been disabled to non-star holding members due to the high traffic load of this site.

A solution is in the works.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Gotta pay to search or to use simple fumctions of a site because of traffic? One more reason this becomes my last resort for topics and information. Thats what the damn sponsors pay big money for. I pay for my own sites server, upkeep and maintence with no help from ANYONE! Someone has made this forum their only source of income and making a damn killing at it and you saps are making their house, car and playtoy payments for them.
blackfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
Gotta pay to search or to use simple fumctions of a site because of traffic? One more reason this becomes my last resort for topics and information. Thats what the damn sponsors pay big money for. I pay for my own sites server, upkeep and maintence with no help from ANYONE! Someone has made this forum their only source of income and making a damn killing at it and you saps are making their house, car and playtoy payments for them.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Both the guys that own this site bust their ass off at jobs that involve long hours and lots off time away from home. Your site obviously does not see the traffic seen here.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Being a "mod/admin" and not a site owner, like myself, you do? Yeah, MMMMK..... No, I do not have the traffic they do, but I do pay the same fees they do, just not as high. AND I would never take normal everyday site functions away from my members who do not pay, instead give they should be giving special privs to the ones that do, not punishing the ones that dont.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #7
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Being a "mod/admin" and not a site owner, like myself, you do? Yeah, MMMMK..... No, I do not have the traffic they do, but I do pay the same fees they do, just not as high. AND I would never take normal everyday site functions away from my members who do not pay, instead give they should be giving special privs to the ones that do, not punishing the ones that dont.

Have you even read any of the other threads about this? I am thinking not as you would have read this only temporary until a new server can be purchased/built......And who are you to say I do not own a site and not know what it takes, or do you just assume this because you are all knowing?

Would you like to borrow my foot?
Old 10-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post

Would you like to borrow my foot?
Which of your orafice's would you like me to shove it?
Old 10-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #9
MODERHATER™

I was thinking your mouth would be just fine.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:15 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
you saps are making their car payments for them.
Now we know the TRUTH, Damn you guys. Seriously very few people bitch about paying a small amount for the good info, tech, and good drama as this site provides. If you don't believe me just do a quick search
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:16 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like a plan, not well thought out, but still a plan.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:19 PM   #12
MODERHATER™

Total posts 16806 | Total topics 1848 | Total members 31

Wow, your site is amazing, no wonder it costs you nothing, nobody uses it.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:23 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I paid my money, got a fancy spinny star, did the usual clicking of "new post's" and..........DRAMA. Got that need meet today. Thanks Blackfoot!!

Honestly, I feel it's worth it just for all the free giveaway's YOU could enter if you had a star. Let alone the convience of a great site that has load's of info(good and bad,lol), entertainment, and the ability to keep up on a fast growing segment of the R/C hobby nationally.

H3
H3RESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:27 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

And your point is what? I still have the same bills to run it and i get no help and again, take nothing away from anyone who doesnt help.

So lets look at it in a logical lite, this is temporary right? If everyone instantly caughed the fund and got the "perks" of being able to use the search, what damn difference would it make? The traffic load would still be there, would it not? Yes it would, but there would be one hell of a chunk of change in someones PayPal acct.

More Logic for you...
You could have done your job and could have made a formal announcement with letting users know what was going on.. but instead you expect us to look at other threads which is kind of funny since you can no longer search..
Old 10-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #15
MODERHATER™

Trying to reason with someone like you is like clapping with one hand, it just is not going to happen.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:45 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
And your point is what? I still have the same bills to run it and i get no help and again, take nothing away from anyone who doesnt help.

edit: statement retracted. Not worth it.

Last edited by H3RESQ; 10-26-2008 at 10:47 PM.
H3RESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #17
RCC Addict

I will admit , it seems silly to take away the " search " feature. But I'm sure once they get there new super duper deluxe super charged server all will be back to norm.

Most of us do run a site. And I know most site owners would not even post that the site is being upgraded to a newer server. At least we have some light on the problems at hand.

Give it time man , and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #18
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
You clearly have no idea what your talking about, and there is no way that you have the same bills as RCC with your little site.

Even if I did post an announcement, the whiny ass, bitchy members like yourself would not read it and would still post up these cry baby posts.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:46 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I do not have the traffic they do, but I do pay the same fees they do, just not as high.
I lol'd
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #20
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Gotta pay to search or to use simple fumctions of a site because of traffic? One more reason this becomes my last resort for topics and information.
That's fair enough, we can please them all. If you spent about 30 seconds and looked around you would see that this is just temporary until we get the new server, that we have already purchased in service.

With a site your size though I am sure you know all about what it's like to have to purchase and rack 3 separate of your own servers.

Quote:
Thats what the damn sponsors pay big money for. I pay for my own sites server, upkeep and maintence with no help from ANYONE!
I could run your site with a $6.99 per month account at godaddy and not have to worry about anyone helping with the bills either, fact is though that our server bills alone are 100 times more expensive than that, and it's just not possible for us to dish that kind of money out of our own pockets.

Quote:
Someone has made this forum their only source of income and making a damn killing at it and you saps are making their house, car and playtoy payments for them.
Fawk I wondered where all the millions we've been making are going, please send me a pm letting me know who this guy is that has made this site his only source of income I'd like to have a chat with that asshole.

John and I are the owners of this site, we both work full time jobs to support of families. I can guarntee you that neither of us are getting rich off this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Total posts 16806 | Total topics 1848 | Total members 31

Wow, your site is amazing, no wonder it costs you nothing, nobody uses it.
Yep $6.99 a month at godaddy.

Quote:
You have the same bills? Like I posted above our server racking and bandwidth fees are 100 times more than yours each month, plus we own our own servers. We also have office space we have to pay for each month. We also have expenses involved with traveling around the country to promote crawling, both with vendors and local clubs. We also happen to spend about $20,000 each year putting on the most premier rccrawling competition in the world.

Quote:
So lets look at it in a logical lite, this is temporary right? If everyone instantly caughed the fund and got the "perks" of being able to use the search, what damn difference would it make? The traffic load would still be there, would it not? Yes it would, but there would be one hell of a chunk of change in someones PayPal acct.
Yes the traffic load would still be there, as we said though this problem is not going to last long, the new server will be online very shortly.

Quote:
More Logic for you...
You could have done your job and could have made a formal announcement with letting users know what was going on.. but instead you expect us to look at other threads which is kind of funny since you can no longer search..
We have posted this info several times.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote