RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Comments, Suggestions, and Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/)
-   -   can't view posts or threads started by another member? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/141804-cant-view-posts-threads-started-another-member.html)

speedemall 10-27-2008 08:28 PM

can't view posts or threads started by another member?

I was trying to view threads started by another member and their posts on other threads but its telling me I don't have permission.I am trying to view this persons post before I decide to purchase from them,just trying to keep my self safe before the transaction.How would I get permitted to view these things?

TattooKenny 10-27-2008 11:13 PM

If I had to guess I'd sat because you don't have a star yet?

2JSC 10-27-2008 11:19 PM

Kenny, what would star have to do with viewing threads? Even if they were in the forsale section, he's got the 30/30 done...

Grizzly4x4 10-28-2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedemall (Post 1400681)
I was trying to view threads started by another member and their posts on other threads but its telling me I don't have permission.I am trying to view this persons post before I decide to purchase from them,just trying to keep my self safe before the transaction.How would I get permitted to view these things?

Clicking on the "view more posts from this member" link is a part of the search function. Since the search function is temporarily having problems, that may be the reason.

badger 10-28-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedemall (Post 1400681)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 (Post 1401034)
Clicking on the "view more posts from this member" link is a part of the search function. Since the search function is temporarily having problems, that may be the reason.

Yes, when the search feature is disabled for registered users (during peak hours, if CPU loads are to high) you will not be able to search for members posts.

speedemall 10-28-2008 10:40 AM

it works for me now thanks for the help guys

badger 10-28-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedemall (Post 1401450)
it works for me now thanks for the help guys

That is because I enable it during the non peak hours.

Grizzly4x4 10-28-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger (Post 1401570)
That is because I enable it during the non peak hours.

Thanks for fixing it for him badger. What a great admin you are. "thumbsup"