Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Giveaway notifications

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Giveaway notifications

Hey guys, I have a request. Since there are so many awesome giveaways going on (I've entered almost all of them!), would it be posible for the vendor or person responsible to sent a PM or e-mail to the winner? I know it sounds like I'm just lazy, but to track down the spot where the winner is announced is kind of a challenge as the thread gets buried. I do my best to follow along, but it would be nice to inform the winner(s).

Thanks everyone, this board rocks!

TrailDawg362
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
Hey guys, I have a request. Since there are so many awesome giveaways going on (I've entered almost all of them!), would it be posible for the vendor or person responsible to sent a PM or e-mail to the winner? I know it sounds like I'm just lazy, but to track down the spot where the winner is announced is kind of a challenge as the thread gets buried. I do my best to follow along, but it would be nice to inform the winner(s).

Thanks everyone, this board rocks!

TrailDawg362

More then likely this topic has been discussed once or twice on here already...

However, I would have to " x2 " your comment anyways.

I enter giveaways and then like a week or so after the final day has passed, I go searching for it because I just remember I entered it. Never won on any of them yet, but I do have to agree. It would be nice that the Vendor of the giveaway should PM the person or persons that won the item in the giveaway.

That way, no pm .. you know you haven't won anything yet.

Plus if you aren't around the webpage for a few days and your PM's are set to email you on any new PM's, you would be informed that way if you happened to win anything.

Alternatively, what about a forum dedicated to giveaway threads only. So they are all grouped in one area, instead of strewn everywhere. Again, probably been discussed once already..hehe.

Anyhoo. Work is almost done for me, time to goto the LHS.
Nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:41 AM   #3
RCC Addict

We post a specific "Winners" thread to each of our giveaways. We state the winner, and then send one reminder. Then it's simply up the the winner to contact us with an address.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

There's so many giveaway's going on right now i couldn't remeber all of the one's i've enter'ed
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhead View Post
There's so many giveaway's going on right now i couldn't remeber all of the one's i've enter'ed
x2
romperstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #6
MODERHATER™

All I can say is subscribe to the ones you enter and check back. I try to notify people that have won if I notice it is going unclaimed.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

You can also try running a search for "giveaways" or even your screename.

I do a giveaway search evey so often, sadly they're most of my post count.
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Thanks for the responses everyone. I would just feel really stupid if I actually won a prize and couldn't backtrack to the thread to find out.

T.D.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
All I can say is subscribe to the ones you enter and check back. I try to notify people that have won if I notice it is going unclaimed.
Hmm, yeah that is the other option I thought about after I posted what I had above. I rarely ever use the subscribe feature anyways..hah.

hawnmt: If i search my username I only get about 176 matches..hah. I guess the only way that would work is to have a real username vs a word.

After all, it is still just a giveaway. The information on this site is worth the cash..heh.
Nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
Hmm, yeah that is the other option I thought about after I posted what I had above. I rarely ever use the subscribe feature anyways..hah.

hawnmt: If i search my username I only get about 176 matches..hah. I guess the only way that would work is to have a real username vs a word.

After all, it is still just a giveaway. The information on this site is worth the cash..heh.

Search your user name and "Giveaway" in the advanced search.

And make sure its marked "find posts by this user"
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:18 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve View Post

176 is not that bad. You don't have to look through them all, just the ones with giveaway and winner in the titles(you could even add those words into the search). And your usually only looking on the they first page of the search. Even though my name is unique it shows up a lot more because my photobucket address has it along with the normal times when someone mentions it or quotes me but it's still easy to see if I won anything, I haven't, but I have found friends who have before they did.
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Yup, it was a week before I won a tube chassis back in August. A fellow HRCC member told me about it. Doesn't really matter cause I never got the chassis, just bullshit from the vendor. I just searched that giveaway and it's be deleted.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote