Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: 30 thread classifieds question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #1

Default 30 thread classifieds question

As of this post, I will have 10 posts. I am very new to crawlers, I have not been into R/C cars for about 15 years. I have asked a few questions and made few coments, however, I am not the type of person to just add comments, especially in an area that I am not that versed in yet. I have already started a scale 1/6 jeep flat fender, and I am patiently waiting for my 30 days to be up so I can looking for some used parts so I can continue the build. I am slightly hesitant to purchase a star as I am not sure how into this I will get, as well as money is tighter this time of year. Is there any other way I can get access to at least the for sale section once my 30 days is up? I would hate to have to post to watch myself type...it is not my personality, I tend to only stick my nose into a post when I am sure. I do understand if rules are rules though. Thanks for a great site.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

i kinda felt the same way when i got here, well i ended just buying a star to support and also felt it wasn't fair for me to just ask for a star or just get to the for sale section and everybody else had to pay or to the whole post thing. i guess rules are rules. i think it's actually good to wait out your posts or pay for a stra beacuse it helps us out with spammers and the feedbaack section is great too. let's us know who's who and their status for future purchases. aloha
keala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
RCC Addict

The $20 spent on a star will be made up in the first purchase or two you make in the for sale thread, not to mention helping support the forum.
I felt the same way you do when I joined the forum a little over a year ago and bit the bullet by purchasing a star. I've gained so much knowledge, that I renewed with a gold star.
It's worth every penny
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:15 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I'm not a big poster either, most of my post count is just signing up for giveaways. By the way being able to enter giveaways is another great perk of having star.

The 30 day/30 post requirement gives folks a chance to see your "personality." Since you won't have feedback it helps to have something for buyers/sellers to look at.

Since you find it hard to reply to other's threads why not start a build thread for your project. You'll find people can give really helpful advice and it gives something for people to reference when your looking for parts. Don't worry about being judged on it, I think everyone pretty much takes it easy on the guys making build threads it's the guys trying to raise their post counts that are responding with "that's great" or "nice" that usually take it on the chin.
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #5

I was planning on starting a build thread as soon as I was able to get some of the drivetrain stuff. Like I said, I am not sure how into this I am going to get, and I learned a long time ago to watch where I spend money that I might not get much of a return on. I am hesitant to purchase a star until I have my first vehicle built and I am using it. I am currently worried I am more into the large scale model building than I am into the R/C aspect. I am also hesitant to start a build thread until I have some progress done on the jeep. I frequent other full size crawler forums and I get frustrated when there is no progress for a while on a thread. I dont have a lot of time to work on it between building my own house and my own business. I will be patient and just wait until I have 30 posts. Not a big deal.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #6

Do posts in this section not count toward posting? I am just curious because my count has not gone up since I started this thread. Thanks
Old 01-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
Do posts in this section not count toward posting? I am just curious because my count has not gone up since I started this thread. Thanks
Posts only count in the tech-related forums
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #8

Thanks
Old 01-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
RCC Addict

$20 is a bargain based on the amount of information this forum contains and the deals in the for sale/trade section. i firmly believe everyone should buy a star to help keep up the site. alot of work and server upgrades just happened and the more people that support this site the better it will become.just my .02
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I bought a supporter star just to see the classifieds. I made that money back in the 1st few purchases off of the classifieds. I then upped it to a vender star cuz I cant keep my mouth shut about makeing and selling things... I support my addiction by doing custom short run items.
Those darn "feelers" lol Just in your 1st rig you will make it back.
To top that you are getting all of gather knowledge from some of best group of ppl that are very willing to help.
I feel that the 20$ was made back the 1st night I was hear....
Worth every penny.... And alot faster than trying to get 30 posts.....
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:20 PM   #11

I have been back in this hobby (r/c) for three weeks. I am not going to pay for a site in a hobby I do not know if I will be into in another month. When I got into full scale 4 wheeling, I did not whip out the credit card, go buy lockers, lift, 35s, a rubicon, etc. I went wheeling with what I had and built it to what it is today...and I built another one as well. I am not saying I will not buy a star...I am just not going to buy one before I get to crawl. Like I said, I will just be patient. That $20 I want to invest into the hobby, before I invest into its site.