RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Comments, Suggestions, and Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/)
-   -   Post count? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/153976-post-count.html)

CRAZYACE63 01-11-2009 05:11 PM

Post count?

I was looking at my post count and then went to look at all my post and I noticed that I am off by about 6 posts on the counter. I know I took a little while off of the crawling scene but why does that make the posts from before not count. I also noticed that when I post the counter doesn't move. This is something that should be fixed. I know this is a great crawler site and I like the help I can get from just reading but what gives. All the new members that try to get 30 posts are getting jipped by the forum. I have the money to get a star but I have a few other forums that are being paid for right now and I am not sure this one deserves the money. I will probably buy one when I get into the sport a little more but for now Iam holding off. I know that I will probably be flamed for this but I just want to make sure that this isn't happening to everyone else. Thanks for the time and hopefully this will be fixed sometime.

I will be around on the forum more I just finished getting my parts together and if I do get flamed off of this board then Good bye and I hope this site is good for everyone else.

jason 01-11-2009 05:15 PM

only posts in the tech sections count towards your post count.

CRAZYACE63 01-11-2009 05:19 PM

Well that should be posted in the forum rules section. Most forums that I am on every post you put up is put toward your count. That is what a post count does.

montana.matt 01-11-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRAZYACE63 (Post 1521949)
Well that should be posted in the forum rules section. Most forums that I am on every post you put up is put toward your count. That is what a post count does.

Quote taken from the Forum Rules:

"Post Count
  • Certain forums do not count posts when posted in, so if you have posted in any of these forums, that is why your not seeing your post count increase.
    The following forums do not add to your post count.
    Chit chat
    Comments, Suggestions, and Help
    Regional (all regional sub forums)
    Classifieds
  • Don't think that a high post count makes you "cool" or respected. A person who posts a little good information will always be respected more than someone who posts a lot of garbage."
It's right up there on the top left of your computer screen in green letters, between "User CP" and "FAQ":lol:

Now you'll probably get flamed for not reading the forum rules :wink:

Scattman 01-12-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Really? :roll::roll:

braceysdad 01-12-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by montana.matt (Post 1522237)
Quote taken from the Forum Rules:

"Post Count
  • Certain forums do not count posts when posted in, so if you have posted in any of these forums, that is why your not seeing your post count increase.
    The following forums do not add to your post count.
    Chit chat
    Comments, Suggestions, and Help
    Regional (all regional sub forums)
    Classifieds
  • Don't think that a high post count makes you "cool" or respected. A person who posts a little good information will always be respected more than someone who posts a lot of garbage."
It's right up there on the top left of your computer screen in green letters, between "User CP" and "FAQ":lol:

Now you'll probably get flamed for not reading the forum rules :wink:

Dayyyyyyyyyum, does it burn?

Scattman 01-12-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braceysdad (Post 1524527)
Dayyyyyyyyyum, does it burn?

Only when I pee.

bigflex 01-15-2009 07:20 AM

The whole reason this is happening is to keep people from posting things like cool rig on 50 threads just to get to the classifieds. Its mainly there to filter out the bad seeds. Some good guys might suffer because of it, but there alot of good guys on this site that have been burned by a newbie."thumbsup"

PROTOTYPE 01-15-2009 08:15 AM

I am utterly amazed at how many people actually care about there post count. If mine was stuck on zero I could care less. Honestly people read , learn , and question. If that doesnt work please repeat the steps. This is a forum about radio control rock crawlers. Not a forum to see how much worthless drivel I can spew to stay on top of the post counts. Like it says in the rules , your post count does not reflect your standing on the site. Your conduct and your feedback with dealing with buying and selling with other members.

I understand it might feel more comfortable taking advice from a person with higher post count but that is not always the deal here. Use this site as you would when researching a report for school or work. Don't worry how many pages you write just worry about getting the paper done correctly.

JeremyH 01-15-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE (Post 1528977)
I am utterly amazed at how many people actually care about there post count.

You are just mad because I have more posts than you.....neener neener...:lol:

The number of posts equals your RC intelligence, correct?

EeePee 01-15-2009 08:28 AM

I have about 7500 worthless posts. Just like this one.

jetboat 01-15-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 1529005)

The number of posts equals your RC intelligence, correct?

It reflects on how little life you have or how bored you get at work "thumbsup"

JeremyH 01-16-2009 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetboat (Post 1529183)
It reflects on how little life you have or how bored you get at work "thumbsup"

Option B for $300, please Alex!

PROTOTYPE 01-16-2009 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 1529005)

You got me you bastid .