Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Newbie complaint section

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 05:47 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Newbie complaint section

I think we need a whiners section so all the newbies can have their own lil bitch section.....It is getting old seeing the same complaints over and over... Heck I havent been here very long and I'm sick of it already lol Add a link to it in the newbie section and dont make them search for it. Worse yet is some of these threads go on for days.

The rules are there for a reason Deal with it or leave....

A bit of a vent but it does get old.... Dave
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 06:25 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
I think we need a whiners section so all the newbies can have their own lil bitch section.....It is getting old seeing the same complaints over and over... Heck I havent been here very long and I'm sick of it already lol Add a link to it in the newbie section and dont make them search for it. Worse yet is some of these threads go on for days.

hell yeah, i've been here for about 3 months and i can't get enough. i don't see anything wrong with the rules. it just sounds like they want somebody else to build there ride without tring anything on there own.
4x4mtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:50 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I dont really like the 30 days rule....can you guys please bend the rules for me so that I can see the classifieds?!?!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I dont really like the 30 days rule....can you guys please bend the rules for me so that I can see the classifieds?!?!

ya cause i gots 5 bucks and i need tires and a tuning thaing and a plastic and ........................... can you put it on for me to cause i dont no how lol
hende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Maybe there should be some sort of preforum agrrement. Ex: a thread where you can do all the bi**** you want and not bother others ...

A thread that you have to read and agree to before you even get to post...... Cool another rule............, maybe it would inform ppl this is how it is , no we wont change it for you. This is your option to deal or leave now...

Something kind of thread that can seperate the whiners and attn seekers from the rest of the ppl who gladly agree and abide by the rules.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:55 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Posts such as yours come across as whining, also...and are detrimental to the appeal of this forum as well as you as a supporting vendor. Don't ever expect my business in the near or distant future.

Maybe some of you need to grow some thicker skin and learn some patience?

Or maybe a lesson on how to use the back button and not bother yourself with such whiners?

A lot of the whining I see on this site is from forum veterans about newbies and folks not using the search button. I don't get wrapped around the axle about, though....
ErichF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

You are correct Erich, this thread is a vent/whining I cant argue that. I guess I should have vented in a different way, or learn to ignore those that seem to have a hard time adjusting.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
You are correct Erich, this thread is a vent/whining I cant argue that. I guess I should have vented in a different way, or learn to ignore those that seem to have a hard time adjusting.
I understand...many times frustration gets the best of us

As a UAV instructor, I have often been accused of being too "curt" with some students out of frustration over something they should have known already.

Water off a duck's back, my friend
Old 03-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #9
Suck it up!

It is pretty annoying, and seems to be on the uprise lately.

Maybe it is, or maybe I'm just seeing it more.

I don't mind giving freindly advice to a fresh noob, but at some point it starts to get stupid.

Lately I've seen a whole rash of "whats the best motor", "whats the best tire", and "brazing problems".

I'd like to see an item specific (tires, motors, etc) comparison or FAQ or even a wiki. Those are always good for edumakashunal purposes. I'd happily volunteer my time to create such a thing, but I don't think I'm quite knowledgable enough for that yet.

One of the car club sites I used to visit built a brand specific online library/wiki type thing a few years ago, and it was an incredibly good source of information. Granted, alot of work went into it, but if you want to know something, its in there and the info is easy to find.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 03-08-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I have seen the same thing...Latest was w/k u bolts...2 times just the last few days The 1st guy I helped out and gave him a link to my build.
Learning how to make the search work for ya can be tricky but once ya learn it, it turns out that you can find thre answer faster than posting 8 out of 10 times.... One asked a ??? I answered it and also did the search for him useing his question and came up with 2 pages of info. His specific question was answered in 2-3 of the threads that came up...
If he had just tried reading the main threads he would have found his answer faster than asking it... His specific answer was on the 1st page of threads it appears he never even tried to find the answer...

We were all newbies at one time or another and I am quite happy to share what I have learned, it goes with the hobby....However if a guy is too lazy to do even a lil research it makes him look lazy, and I dont have much patience for ppl that wont even try....
Old 03-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

there should be an IQ test or some sort of skill testing question

also a 18+ section.
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

i understand ppl asking the same questions over and over are frustrating, i totally agree. Im still pretty new, just got back into the rc hobby about 3 months ago, and im not gonna lie until about a month ago i would ask a question and then go search as well giving me twice the possibility of finding or getting a good answer. Sometimes and answer from someone that really knows there stuff is a better answer than something a newb may find on their own.

Thats what this hobby is all about is getting new ppl going and helping them out, if you dont wanna help as stated before just hit the "back" button. I myself would like to thank all of you that are much more wiser than i due to experience and time in the hobby for lending your time and help to not only me but every other newb to the crawling community.
ScalerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #13

Any reason why when I try to post it says the moderator has to approve my post? I tried posting yesterday 4 different times 1 went up instantly and the other 3 still haven't showed up
oneidentiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #14
MODERHATER™

Well for one, your post was a craigslist add. And two other posts were other adds that are not allowed outside the classifieds.

Take a few minutes to read and follow the forum rules and all will be good.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #15
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
Then no one would be allowed on this site
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #16
R.I.P. Chip

All newbie complaints should go here.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:51 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
All newbie complaints should go here.
is that for complaints from newbies, or ABOUT newbies?
Old 03-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post

also a 18+ section.
Said the 20 year old complete moron.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Said the 20 year old complete moron.
I resent that.
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #20
Old guy

I got 7 kids and 7 grandkids. I've heard the same questions from all of them. (are you really my Dad)
I'll help any newbe anytime, unless they are smartasses.
I get PMs all the time from newbes for some reason. I just help them and move on. Then maybe when they learn something and they see a newbe wanting to know what they already know they will jump in and feel smarter.

And when somebody finds out what the best tire and motor is ,will you tell me.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote