Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Topic Closure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Topic Closure

Can it be made possible for the starter of a thread to close the thread, in case it starts too far off track?
ErichF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichF View Post
Can it be made possible for the starter of a thread to close the thread, in case it starts too far off track?
Nope, only moderators can close threads.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

So, is that a no, it can/will not be changed?

If that's the case, then I'll just be PM'ing you when a topic gets stupid off track...

Thanks,

Last edited by ErichF; 03-03-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #4

Quote:
So, is that a no, it can/will not be changed?

If that's the case, then I'll just be PM'ing you when a topic gets stupid off track...

Thanks,
Yes that is a NO that normal members cannot close threads, it is a moderator task and unless you become a mod, then I don't see this changing for you.

We have mods for each of the forums, PM them if you have any issues within a particular forum, or like you said you can PM me as well.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Yes that is a NO that normal members cannot close threads, it is a moderator task and unless you become a mod, then I don't see this changing for you.

We have mods for each of the forums, PM them if you have any issues within a particular forum, or like you said you can PM me as well.
OK, thanks for the clarification. I just found it odd that a topic starter can delete an entire thread they started, but not close it. A thread may have lots of useful information that would be a shame to delete just because some teenage dipchit turned into a chat session about transformers.

I suppose if that happens we can just get you to delete the offending posts and close the thread. That would keep the good info intact for the preachy DOSers out there and their precious Search Button to actually have some use.

Cheers,
Old 03-04-2009, 09:12 AM   #6

Quote:
OK, thanks for the clarification. I just found it odd that a topic starter can delete an entire thread they started, but not close it. A thread may have lots of useful information that would be a shame to delete just because some teenage dipchit turned into a chat session about transformers.

I suppose if that happens we can just get you to delete the offending posts and close the thread. That would keep the good info intact for the preachy DOSers out there and their precious Search Button to actually have some use.

Cheers,
If you have a tech thread that people are chit chatting in and don't like it, click on the report post icon and we will delete the offending posts and if it continues then we can start handing out infractions.