Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: for sale section....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default for sale section....

i didn't know where to put this so here sounds good. why don't they make sections in the "for sale" area for chassis, electronics, wheels/tires, etc. the big problem in that section is people trying to "bump" their for sale stuff. i posted a chassis for sale and within less than a day it's on the second page and there are 50+ pages. it would be easier for people to sale things and look at stuff if it was divided into sub sections. this would be a great idea and would help a lot. there are all pro's and no con's to it. how 'bout it mods/admins?
chris_dishmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
MODERHATER™

No thanks. Search maybe?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

People cant even keep their axial builds in the axial section.......what makes you think they can do this when they post a for sale thread? Especially with multiple items.

I think Patrick stays busy enough as it is.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Yeah sub forums are a nightmare to moderate. And what happens when the user is not smart enough to post the for sale ad in the correct section? Even more work for the mods.

Not going to happen.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:07 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

sorry, just trying to make the forum better. it would only help tremendously. so why is it when the people ask for help they get shrugged off but every other post is buy a star? i'll tell ya what, show that you care about the people and make this happen and i'll buy a star. ;)

Last edited by chris_dishmon; 05-02-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:09 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
I think Patrick stays busy enough as it is.

yeah god knows he's the only mod. if there isn't enough mods and its "so much" work, why don't you appoint a few more and get the job done right?
Old 05-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I absolutely understand that a high number of forum users are quick to post before searching. This is true throughout the wide array of forums out there.

I agree with the "no." But Chris does have a point.

What would actually be helpful to the folks who have yet to understand the mentality behind the often tactless responses by some here--that preserve the status quo--is a considerate answer to a question motivated by good intentions.

In other words, there won't be sub-forums made to segregate various goods in the For Sale section, obviously, but it really isn't hard to say "no" with respect.

The old-schoolers and those with authority here really do represent the spirit of the board; and those who haven't read enough of these kinds of questions and responses are hard pressed to understand the bad attitude that often comes through.

I "get it" because in the past I've moderated a forum or two. And as I suggested, I know all too well the pain in the ass it is to keep a forum tidy. I was firm, like those on this board...but I wasn't rude or disrespectful, and as frustrating as it was, I knew I had two choices: I could be a douche and keep the status quo, or I could keep the status quo while showing the same consideration to those trying to help, and offer them a respectful response. This latter point, I think, is rather important considering there are indeed quite a few "Buy a star to show your support" posts. Why bite the hand that feeds?

Last edited by JeepinOR; 05-02-2009 at 09:17 AM.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #8
MODERHATER™

I did not feel I was disrespectful, I said I did not like the idea-thats all. Apologies if you feel that way. Gets kinda old all the work I do for this site and all I seem to get is complaints.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

You make a great point, 666. Forum Mods/Admin's certainly do hear more complaints than thanks; and I know that's really frustrating for you guys, too.

So in all seriousness, I say thanks for that post; and thanks for trying to run a tight ship that's full of ol' salts and landlubbers!
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #10
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I did not feel I was disrespectful, I said I did not like the idea-thats all. Apologies if you feel that way. Gets kinda old all the work I do for this site and all I seem to get is complaints.

Hey Patrick, for every thin-skinned complainer on here there are many people that appreciate the work you guys do, myself included.

My hats off to ya.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #11
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dishmon View Post
the big problem in that section is people trying to "bump" their for sale stuff. i posted a chassis for sale and within less than a day it's on the second page and there are 50+ pages.

People are not allowed to bump their ads.

Thank you for playing........come back later and try again.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #12
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
yeah god knows he's the only mod. if there isn't enough mods and its "so much" work, why don't you appoint a few more and get the job done right?
Patrick does a kickass job of handling the for sale sections. He approves ads several times throughout the day. If ads were sitting 15-30 hours before being approved then I could see a problem, but it seems that 99% of the time ads don't sit more than 4-5 hours.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #13
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Thanks for all the work Eric and and yourself do to keep the Classified section running smooth. While you were gone to ECC I took care of the Classified section and I got to see how much work it is first hand.
chip cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #14
Who's your Daddy-0!

And God know's I thank you for the For Sale forum! I couldn't go on without you doing the great job you do daddy-0!!!! Long live 666 and for sale ads

And the FS forum doesn't need sub sections. There is a search button in there if you need to find something specific. I think I am in that forum more than anyone, it is rare to see more than 2 pages of new ad go up at one time anyways. So if you check the FS forum everyday you won't miss any ad's anyways

Last edited by TattooKenny; 05-05-2009 at 11:39 AM.
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Second and third the For Sale Section upkeep. Takes alot of work.

No sub sections or bumping stuff. When in doubt, search it out.

And for that matter the whole dang Site. Most of the other forums I am a member of are alot sloppier than this one. Best fourm by far.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

LIke all these guys have said... I think the F/s section is just fine...

thanks Patrick and Eric.
PEDEcrawlerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
People are not allowed to bump their ads.

Thank you for playing........come back later and try again.
no shit, hence my original post. never mind, i give up. you're obviously blind to the problem i was trying to show but would rather give a lazy response of "search". so carry on the ass kissing and shooting down of a good idea of organization that can make this already over crowded forum an easier and more organized place to be.

Last edited by chris_dishmon; 05-08-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #18
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
the big problem in that section is people trying to "bump" their for sale stuff. i posted a chassis for sale and within less than a day it's on the second page and there are 50+ pages.
Ummm.....OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dishmon
never mind, i give up. you're obviously blind to the problem i was trying to show but would rather give a lazy response of "search". so carry on the ass kissing and shooting down of a good idea of organization that can make this already over crowded forum an easier and more organized place to be.
I'm not blind to the problem, there is no problem.

And for the record, I never once told you to search.

Last edited by Scattman; 05-08-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:56 PM   #19
Colt Python/SR9c

Here are a couple of good emoticons that John needs to add for stuff like this

and just for John and Jason

TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote