Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: classified section

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default classified section

I read your rules and understand, but wouldn't it be better to only have the requirements for sellers? I joined this site because i figured it would be a good place to learn and buy my first rc crawler, preferably already built by someone who knew what they were doing. What if you let the for sale section be viewed by all but not allowed to post till 30 days and 30 posts, this way people selling can get a bigger audience and people who joined just to sell some stuff and make some $$ can't
dirtymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Looks good. Cool body. Like the steering. Nice vid. Personally I think they should only allow the classifieds for supporting members, but that's just me.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymike View Post
I read your rules and understand, but wouldn't it be better to only have the requirements for sellers?
So, you want only sellers to get ripped off? Why not buyers too?

My vote is to minimize scammers....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

well i don't understand what you mean about the sellers getting scammed. don't ship anything till you get the money. But its your forum and they're your rules, so my bitching ends here.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I agree 100% me and my dad are readers and lurkers we dont post much at all. i feel like a douche bag making the stupid little comments ive been making, but i want to see the Classifieds also to buy not to sell, i dont have enough shit yet to sell anything lol
BBCorvette18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Do what I did two years ago.
1. Buy a decent rig on ebay, hobby shop, whereever. (or post your current rig up with questions, advice)
2. Tear it apart and rebuild it. Post up your build/rebuild in the correct section.
3. Ask questions, answer questions about your and other rigs to help your situation.

You'll get to 30 posts after a month or so, and know alot more than you did.

Then you buy some other rig and probably sell the original one and look at these threads about "I want to see the classified section but I am too lazy to make an effort at following the rules, learning about the hobby, working on stuff for yourself, etc" and laugh.

Or buy a star! Instant classifieds.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/payments.php
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCorvette18 View Post
I agree 100% me and my dad are readers and lurkers we dont post much at all. i feel like a douche bag making the stupid little comments ive been making, but i want to see the Classifieds also to buy not to sell, i dont have enough shit yet to sell anything lol
Is that why you posted 20 times in the last two days...

Nice job Sounds great!
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #8
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcorvette18 View Post
i agree 100% me and my dad are readers and lurkers we dont post much at all. I feel like a douche bag making the stupid little comments ive been making, but i want to see the classifieds also to buy not to sell, i dont have enough shit yet to sell anything lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
is that why you posted 20 times in the last two days...

Nice job sounds great!
busted!!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:34 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
well i don't understand what you mean about the sellers getting scammed. don't ship anything till you get the money. But its your forum and they're your rules, so my bitching ends here.
It's easy to retract a payment sent through Paypal. It's easy to send a fake MO. The rules are in place to help minimize scammers....and they do a fairly good job.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I'm about to give up on this site. if i send you $20 i can get in without ever saying a word, and think about it, if i wanted to scam some people a $20 investment would be worth it when your talking most these rigs are a few hundred dollars. a Scamer is going to do whatever they need to to scam someone.

and of the 20 posts i made the last 2 days maybe 5 were total bullshit. the rest were real posts that I normally wouldn't post because i dont see much of a need for the "i like it" posts. I use this site for idea's and would like to see the classifieds so when deals come up i can buy more stuff to add to my collection of toys.

and I'm sorry but I'm not going to give a site money that hasn't done anything for me. If I could actually use the site for what I want I would be much more apt to support the site. I have no problem supporting the people that support the stuff i like.

Last edited by BBCorvette18; 09-07-2009 at 10:00 PM.
BBCorvette18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation

Quote:
I'm about to give up on this site. if i send you $20 i can get in without ever saying a word, and think about it, if i wanted to scam some people a $20 investment would be worth it when your talking most these rigs are a few hundred dollars. a Scamer is going to do whatever they need to to scam someone.

and of the 20 posts i made the last 2 days maybe 5 were total bullshit. the rest were real posts that I normally wouldn't post because i dont see much of a need for the "i like it" posts. I use this site for idea's and would like to see the classifieds so when deals come up i can buy more stuff to add to my collection of toys.

and I'm sorry but I'm not going to give a site money that hasn't done anything for me. If I could actually use the site for what I want I would be much more apt to support the site. I have no problem supporting the people that support the stuff i like.

If you feel that this site isn't helpful to you I feel sorry that you feel that way. You probably shouldn't be here. Everyone in here finds useful information and everyone is here to help in one way or another. Stop this childish complaints and either respect this site or just don't log on anymore. If you decide to stick with this site you'll find out that its fair to everyone. Oh and when you find a site that let's you see the classifieds on your first day come and post it.
minisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:

montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana.matt View Post

nice
Old 09-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

didn't mean to stir up so much. I still haven't bought one yet but i just spent the past 4 hours just browsing this site and looking at everythint and feel like i know a LOT more. i'll prolly just get one off ebay and then post up the build and ask for help. Too bad i just got outbid on a nice looking cc-01 :(
Old 09-07-2009, 10:34 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
didn't mean to stir up so much. I still haven't bought one yet but i just spent the past 4 hours just browsing this site and looking at everythint and feel like i know a LOT more. i'll prolly just get one off ebay and then post up the build and ask for help. Too bad i just got outbid on a nice looking cc-01 :(
I wouldn't sweat it too much... They tried a couple different ways of handling the classifieds and the system they use now is what works best. Like they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it
Which CC-01 were you watching/bidding on? I was looking at a couple too
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=dirtymike;1983325]didn't mean to stir up so much. I still haven't bought one yet but i just spent the past 4 hours just browsing this site and looking at everythint and feel like i know a LOT more. i'll prolly just get one off ebay and then post up the build and ask for help. Too bad i just got outbid on a nice looking cc-01 :([/http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1983325QUOTE]

Am happy that YOU find this site USEFUL. Thanks for looking, and by th way this is an addiction.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

yeh i can tell it's an addiction, and i don't even have anything except for a losi mini desert truck right now.
I was looking at that land rover cc-01 http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamiya-CC-01-wit...d=p3911.c0.m14 but lost interest when it hit 200

he's got a mrc also that i'm waiting till the last minute to bid on.

I really really want to build a scale rig, but the whole building a new chassis and suspension seems a little tough for now. I'm going to try to just get a body that fits the wheelbase and just start from there
Old 09-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

There's no need to build a new chassis. There are PLENTY of good scale chassis out on the market right now. Hell, the Axial SCX10 is a GREAT scaler and an excellent place for someone new to start...
Old 09-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
There's no need to build a new chassis. There are PLENTY of good scale chassis out on the market right now. Hell, the Axial SCX10 is a GREAT scaler and an excellent place for someone new to start...
yeh i agree, but i'm trying to start under 200 just to get my feet wet
Old 09-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Ahh....gotcha. That is understandable...