Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Search Timer...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default Search Timer...

Hey guys, I know it's possible to adjust the limit on the timer for searching on this site. (via admin cp) I think it would be much appreciated if you lowered the search limit from 45 seconds to maybe like 5-10 seconds.

Whatdayathink?
717CRAWLERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I could have swore it used to be 30 seconds? Maybe that was a different forum...
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

It's set to 30sec - Searching causes a lot of strain on the servers, and lowering it will really hurt the over all performance of the site.

Waiting 30 seconds in nothing.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #4
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 717CRAWLERS View Post
Hey guys, I know it's possible to adjust the limit on the timer for searching on this site. (via admin cp) I think it would be much appreciated if you lowered the search limit from 45 seconds to maybe like 5-10 seconds.

Whatdayathink?
How's that? We'll see how it goes as far as server load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlames View Post
I could have swore it used to be 30 seconds? Maybe that was a different forum...
It should be better for you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
It's set to 30sec - Searching causes a lot of strain on the servers, and lowering it will really hurt the over all performance of the site.

It was set to 30 but after the server crash last week I set it to 45 for the time being.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

i know i'm just a newbie but i also noticed a change kinda sucks but if thats what it takes so we stay up and running then so be it but it would be nice if it was lower. but like i said i'm just a newbie.
wolverine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:26 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

The 45 seconds does kinda suck especially when going into a forum and then you have to wait to do a search. Guess Ill get used to it though.
BADASSPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
It was set to 30 but after the server crash last week I set it to 45 for the time being.
Never noticed. I always spend some time LOOKING at what shows up.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:06 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

It only sucks when you misspell something and then have to wait the time before you can correct it.
bivens22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #9
I joined the Band!

Well where is all these star holding members $$$ going??? Let's get a better server that can hang!!!! Need help? I know how to get you guys going!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Well where is all these star holding members $$$ going??? Let's get a better server that can hang!!!! Need help? I know how to get you guys going!
You've been here just over a month and your asking where the money goes?

We've been "going" for over 6 years now and have been waiting for around 5 years for someone to join RCC and offer to help get us going cause I certainly don't know what the fawk I'm doing. Please give me a call tomorrow so we can discuss RCC's future.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:21 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:

We've been "going" for over 6 years now and have been waiting for around 5 years for someone to join RCC and offer to help get us going cause I certainly don't know what the fawk I'm doing. Please give me a call tomorrow so we can discuss RCC's future.
lol
hende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:46 AM   #12
I joined the Band!

Quote:

It was just an offer, I don't understand I've contributed $120 to this website, and when I make a simple harmless suggestion that I thought would make people happy the admin of the place deciedes he want's to be a smarta** and throw in my face that I have only been a member for a month. A simple explaination would have been more than enough. It doesn't matter if I have been here a month, or 5 years.. I am a Paid Supporter & an Authorized Vendor I feel that I have a right to ask where the money goes. If there is a problem with that then by all means, refund my money (minus my one month) and set me back as a Normal User.

Last edited by 717CRAWLERS; 02-25-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #13

Quote:
It was just an offer, I don't understand I've contributed $120 to this website, and when I make a simple harmless suggestion that I thought would make people happy the admin of the place deciedes he want's to be a smarta** and throw in my face that I have only been a member for a month.
I took your suggestion from your first post in this thread and reduced the time between searches for your user group down to 0, so I don't understand why you would still be unhappy.

Quote:
A simple explaination would have been more than enough. It doesn't matter if I have been here a month, or 5 years.. I am a Paid Supporter & an Authorized Vendor I feel that I have a right to ask where the money goes. If there is a problem with that then by all means, refund my money (minus my one month) and set me back as a Normal User.
If you were here for more then a month you might have an idea that it takes more then just one server to run RCC and all of the additional services we provide to our members.

Being a star member offers benefits that non star members get some of which require additional server resources, being a vendor allows you to market and sell your product to the largest targeted audience of rc rock crawlers on the largest rc crawler specific website in the world. Neither of which makes you a partner in RCC giving you the right to our financial information. Now, if you have a problem with that I would be happy to refund your star subscriptions immediately.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #14
I joined the Band!

Thank you for making a change.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 717CRAWLERS
Please refund Vendor

Paypal: josh@717crawlers.com

Thank you
I don't get it, first you post this and while I'm in Paypal refunding your vendor star you delete that post and create the one below? Did you change your mind about the vendor star refund?

Quote:
Thank you for making a change.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #16

I finally figured out how to set the time between searches seperatly for different user groups so now star holding members get another benefit for purchasing the star.

I might change the star member times even lower depending on what the server loads look like, I'm guessing the loads will be decreasing since I non star members have to wait longer in between searches.

We appreciate your support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
Gold star members now only have a 10 second wait between searches and sending PM's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine31 View Post
i know i'm just a newbie but i also noticed a change kinda sucks but if thats what it takes so we stay up and running then so be it but it would be nice if it was lower. but like i said i'm just a newbie.
Green star members now only have a 20 second wait between searches and sending PM's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADASSPONY View Post
The 45 seconds does kinda suck especially when going into a forum and then you have to wait to do a search. Guess Ill get used to it though.
It is going to suck even worse now because non star members now have to wait 60 seconds between searches and it might go up. Shit Pirate makes you wait 4 minutes if your not a star member, so 60 seconds is not that bad in comparison.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #17
I joined the Band!

Quote:
I finally figured out how to set the time between searches seperatly for different user groups so now star holding members get another benefit for purchasing the star.

I might change the star member times even lower depending on what the server loads look like, I'm guessing the loads will be decreasing since I non star members have to wait longer in between searches.

We appreciate your support!

Gold star members now only have a 10 second wait between searches and sending PM's.

Green star members now only have a 20 second wait between searches and sending PM's.

It is going to suck even worse now because non star members now have to wait 60 seconds between searches and it might go up. Shit Pirate makes you wait 4 minutes if your not a star member, so 60 seconds is not that bad in comparison.
Awesome, why couldn't you just have said this to begin with? I have no problems with this place, just reacted the way I did because I was being ridden like a bull for making a suggestion. Once again, Thanks!
Old 02-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #18
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Awesome, why couldn't you just have said this to begin with? I have no problems with this place, just reacted the way I did because I was being ridden like a bull for making a suggestion. Once again, Thanks!
Actually right after you made this post he fixed it for all vendor star members.

The reason for "being ridden like a bull" was because you made the comment that since you paid us to be a member that you should have a full financial disclosure of the site.

Then because of your suggestion John spent hours and hours coming up with a custom hack to allow us to adjust search times by usergroup. I am sorry that this took him a few days to get to and he didn't just drop everything the minute you made the suggestion to make it happen.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:05 PM   #19
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Actually right after you made this post he fixed it for all vendor star members.

The reason for "being ridden like a bull" was because you made the comment that since you paid us to be a member that you should have a full financial disclosure of the site.

Then because of your suggestion John spent hours and hours coming up with a custom hack to allow us to adjust search times by usergroup. I am sorry that this took him a few days to get to and he didn't just drop everything the minute you made the suggestion to make it happen.
I never once asked for a
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
full financial disclosure of the site.
I was half kidding when I specifically said
Quote:
Why did you feel the need to chime in, it's done, it's over... DROP IT? kthnxbye.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #20
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Why did you feel the need to chime in, it's done, it's over... DROP IT? kthnxbye.
Perhaps because it is his site?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote