Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help
Loading

Notices

Thread: r/c guy not computer guy.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #21
www.team3sixrc.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scalerville
Posts: 4,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoeisthecool View Post
I think there is better ways to get paid tan charge us for what should be free.
Really! Hmmm, Well the last time I checked it costs a butt load of money to operate a website. You don't believe me ole wise one, then go start your own domain, then buy a website to host it on, then go purchase Vbulletins to host your forums on. Then go purchase a server to run those forums on. Then when you reach over 30,000 active members, be sure to let us know what it costs for those servers which will be multiple so you can allow everyone better capabilities INCLUDING the free riders. if you ask me you should stop your bitching about a website that you obviously came to on your own free will and enjoy the tailcoats your riding on for free, rather than supporting a website of more than 90% members whom after getting to know them would lend you their left nut just so you could compete in a comp.

BTW, just how many websites do you know of that are involved in hosting or supporting 10 national competitions a year? ,Have vendors or manufacturing companies that actually are members here and interact with other members daily? Have vendor giveaway's just for supporting the site? have the most information on a website based in rock or trail crawling then any other website world wide?, help and support vendors 100%, and give you all the information you wanted to know about crawling, and allows you a thread like this to complain about why you shouldn't have to buy a star!

Sounds like a pretty small price tag a year for all of that! But if you dont like it, then take yourself back to RCUniverse, I hear the scam artists are plentyful and the moderators are 10 years old.

Last edited by team3six; 03-08-2010 at 03:12 PM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 16,952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
If you keep saying stupid things like this you will have 30 posts in no time.
Oh, dont worry.....this crap will likely get moved to chit chat and his post count will drop back down to zero....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #23
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: reelsville
Posts: 1,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by es79 View Post
Ok, well I'm new here and to RC in general. I will say I fully agree with the rule, could be made better by allowing people to just look untill they get their star. That's just my opinion, not my forum so they can run it anyway they wish. My be harsh for me to say this but if you don't like it you don't have to come here at all. I will say this I'm not gonna purchase a star, I'll just read, ask questions, reply to things like this and get my star the easy way. Like me or don't like me that's my opinion.
Here's why you can't see even see them. There's no reply feature in the classifieds, everythings handled by PM. If everyone could see them it would be up to each seller to decide if the person has the required time or not and would open up the possibility of getting scammed on trades a ton. The way it is makes sense and works great.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #24
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Salem,Oregon
Posts: 662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Oh, dont worry.....this crap will likely get moved to chit chat and his post count will drop back down to zero....
yep X2
hende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #25
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: I'm a michigan boy can you feel that!
Posts: 577
Default

I think its funny, Bitch and complain about this site, and after 30 post then you will be able to see the classifieds and then do what ever you want but quite frankly if thats all you concend about is seeing the classifieds then i would probly shut your hole and quit looking like an idiot and dissing this great site. besides who would want to do a deal with an ass like youself?

Or if you want a star go look in to the damn sky and pick one out.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #26
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sale Creek, TN
Posts: 712
Default

Here is a little bit of info for anybody else that wants to complain. Jason and Badger just got a new SERVER so this site can continue to kick ass. Who do you think has to fork the money out for that. Jason and Badger paid for it so that is why there is a fee to buy a star. Support the site so it can continue. It's only $20. You should probably keep quite and show these guys some respect for having this site available to you. All you are going to do is cause trouble for yourself down the road. If anything, you should be thanking them for this site even if you don't have full access. :?
THE PARTS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #27
www.team3sixrc.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scalerville
Posts: 4,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PARTS GUY View Post
Here is a little bit of info for anybody else that wants to complain. Jason and Badger just got a new SERVER so this site can continue to kick ass. Who do you think has to fork the money out for that. Jason and Badger paid for it so that is why there is a fee to buy a star. Support the site so it can continue. It's only $20. You should probably keep quite and show these guys some respect for having this site available to you. All you are going to do is cause trouble for yourself down the road. If anything, you should be thanking them for this site even if you don't have full access. :?

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Really! Hmmm, Well the last time I checked it costs a butt load of money to operate a website. You don't believe me ole wise one, then go start your own domain, then buy a website to host it on, then go purchase Vbulletins to host your forums on. Then go purchase a server to run those forums on. Then when you reach over 30,000 active members, be sure to let us know what it costs for those servers which will be multiple so you can allow everyone better capabilities INCLUDING the free riders. if you ask me you should stop your bitching about a website that you obviously came to on your own free will and enjoy the tailcoats your riding on for free, rather than supporting a website of more than 90% members whom after getting to know them would lend you their left nut just so you could compete in a comp.

BTW, just how many websites do you know of that are involved in hosting or supporting 10 national competitions a year? ,Have vendors or manufacturing companies that actually are members here and interact with other members daily? Have vendor giveaway's just for supporting the site? have the most information on a website based in rock or trail crawling then any other website world wide?, help and support vendors 100%, and give you all the information you wanted to know about crawling, and allows you a thread like this to complain about why you shouldn't have to buy a star!

Sounds like a pretty small price tag a year for all of that! But if you dont like it, then take yourself back to RCUniverse, I hear the scam artists are plentyful and the moderators are 10 years old.

Thats what I posted above, well sorta.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #28
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: grand J
Posts: 3
Default good form

you guys are nice I expected a lot meaner comments and war and such. thanxs for the fun.and honestly thnx for working so hard to keep a good site runnin
roscoeisthecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #29
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Huntertown, In
Posts: 776
Default

Look at it this way, by buying a star will save you much more then the $20 a star costs when you buy a couple parts in the FS section. Not to mention you would be supporting this awesome site and have a chance to win giveaways the vendors offer to star holding members. Buying a star is a win, win!!!
BADASSPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #30
Suck it up!
 
Duuuuuuuude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoeisthecool View Post
you guys are nice I expected a lot meaner comments and war and such. thanxs for the fun.and honestly thnx for working so hard to keep a good site runnin
Just wait untill your home address is made public. We'll give you a proper welcome shortly afterwards.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #31
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Marshall
Posts: 60
Default

I have to say that I won't purchase a star. I work to hard for my money to have to pay to be able to buy something. With that being said I'm fine with the rules and love the site, it's got a lot of great info!
will1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:05 AM   #32
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Race City(Mooresville)
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
FYI: the only way to recieve a star is to purchase it. The 30/30 rule only allows you access to the FS section. You still aren't able to recieve all the bonuses that come along with being a supporting member, namely the giveaways.

This is my second year, so I've given $20 twice.
that's ok with me, right now that's all I want. If I see something I like then I will prob buy in. I have no problem following rules, it's someone elses house so yeah I'm gonna wipe my shoes off before coming inside. I have checked out some other sites before signing up for one I chose this one for the amount of info for what I was looking for and has lots of activity. I never intended on coming here to buy and sell but nice to have the option and the way it's handled is safer for everyone involved.
es79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:22 AM   #33
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: minnesota
Posts: 689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Oh, dont worry.....this crap will likely get moved to chit chat and his post count will drop back down to zero....
Can only hope...
weck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Yay Area
Posts: 431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
Get your asbestos boxers on because you're about to get burned...
Holy crappola. I'm going to have to use that one!
el_Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #35
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 354
Posts: 670
Default

if you don't like the rules that they have, then get the fawk out, go to like a home and garden forum maybe it's free or try scale4X4 rc all you need is 300 post to see the classified.
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #36
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SAN TAN VALLEY
Posts: 44
Default

Marq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: EvilCrawlerDesigns@comcast.net
Posts: 3,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoeisthecool View Post
you guys are nice I expected a lot meaner comments and war and such. thanxs for the fun.and honestly thnx for working so hard to keep a good site runnin
So, you were expecting meaner comments??? What are you? Some sort of worthless troll trying to stir shit?

Here's the deal. Enjoy the site or don't. I really don't care. Many of us have contributed a ton of very useful information here for free. Several others have invested quite a bit in this site and this hobby. You're no different than the hundred other noobs that came in before you, bitchin' about spending a few $'s that you feel should be free.

I used to be nice to your type, but anymore I could rightly give a shit. Just shut your trap. This is one of the few sites that I can make deals with confidence since there are so few scam artists here. Here's a suggestion, though. Keep your mouth shut and stop insulting the members & owners and you might find a wealth of knowledge and even some friends.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Unnecessary Surgery Land
Posts: 3,406
Default

pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #39
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Victoria
Posts: 13
Default

Arrrggh. I'm biting my tongue really hard on this one. Resisting all urges to flame on this roscoe dude...but this seems to be a pretty respectful site. As a paying member of a 1:1 4x4 site, I can appreciate the cost involved and am proud to support. I'll probably buy a star around here some day. Though I do find it a bit frustrating as I am usually the kinda guy that reads all the posts or uses the search button rather than repeat the same questions. So getting my count up will take months.... but oh well. If you don't like it go find another site.
O.D.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #40
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central/SE Ohio
Posts: 522
Default

The OP is a fool err tool..how about both.
rngrchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com