RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Comments, Suggestions, and Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/)
-   -   r/c guy not computer guy. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/236548-r-c-guy-not-computer-guy.html)

roscoeisthecool 03-08-2010 12:02 PM

r/c guy not computer guy.

this site is the only place I know that wants you to pay or post a tone of stuff just to see the classified ads.I like trucks not computers any one else with me on this this one?

pardonmyn00b 03-08-2010 12:16 PM

I am not with you. All you need is 30 posts, don't have to pay anything.

canadianbacon 03-08-2010 12:36 PM

Nope, you're by yourself I'm afraid. Going by what you posted here, I'm sure it's safe to assume that you won't bother reading any tech info and would just rather post up questions that have been answered millions of times before.

K_B 03-08-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roscoeisthecool (Post 2344712)
this site is the only place I know that wants you to pay or post a tone of stuff just to see the classified ads.I like trucks not computers any one else with me on this this one?

Get your asbestos boxers on because you're about to get burned...

HomerJ 03-08-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Alternately, it's also probably the place where you see the LEAST amount of scamming and people getting ripped off... hmm.. Coincidence?? :shock:

constantmotion 03-08-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

It's got to be a first for everything.

CREEPINKING 03-08-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerJ (Post 2344796)
Alternately, it's also probably the place where you see the LEAST amount of scamming and people getting ripped off... hmm.. Coincidence?? :shock:

I agree. They do an outstanding job here on RCC and the rules are there for a reason. Just go with the flow and be happy a site like this exists.
Take a few weeks to learn whats out there and Im sure that after your 30/30 you will have a whole new outlook on crawlers. Or bitch and moan about things and nobody will ever give you the time of day. Your choice.

roscoeisthecool 03-08-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbacon12 (Post 2344785)
Nope, you're by yourself I'm afraid. Going by what you posted here, I'm sure it's safe to assume that you won't bother reading any tech info and would just rather post up questions that have been answered millions of times before.

I have read alot in tech info and such ,Idont need to be online all the time to like rock crawling and I think there is better ways to get paid tan charge us for what should be free .and it sounds to me like you spend more time talking about threads than drivin trucks.BRING THE FIRE FLAMERS8)

smokediver 03-08-2010 01:00 PM

buy a star best 20 bucks I ever spent....."thumbsup"

samuraikid 03-08-2010 01:07 PM

its a bit of a pain yes.. but it totaly makes sence why the rules are the way they are.

read!
post !
learn!

Duuuuuuuude 03-08-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roscoeisthecool (Post 2344833)
I have read alot in tech info and such ,Idont need to be online all the time to like rock crawling and I think there is better ways to get paid tan charge us for what should be free .and it sounds to me like you spend more time talking about threads than drivin trucks.BRING THE FIRE FLAMERS8)

Nothing says "thanks for putting all this great info where I can easily access and learn from it" like insulting the people that help keep it here. Good job. "thumbsup"

es79 03-08-2010 01:15 PM

Ok, well I'm new here and to RC in general. I will say I fully agree with the rule, could be made better by allowing people to just look untill they get their star. That's just my opinion, not my forum so they can run it anyway they wish. My be harsh for me to say this but if you don't like it you don't have to come here at all. I will say this I'm not gonna purchase a star, I'll just read, ask questions, reply to things like this and get my star the easy way. Like me or don't like me that's my opinion.

roscoeisthecool 03-08-2010 01:27 PM

someone give this guy a star!

roscoeisthecool 03-08-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by es79 (Post 2344865)
Ok, well I'm new here and to RC in general. I will say I fully agree with the rule, could be made better by allowing people to just look untill they get their star. That's just my opinion, not my forum so they can run it anyway they wish. My be harsh for me to say this but if you don't like it you don't have to come here at all. I will say this I'm not gonna purchase a star, I'll just read, ask questions, reply to things like this and get my star the easy way. Like me or don't like me that's my opinion.

I like this guy happy reading

pardonmyn00b 03-08-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roscoeisthecool (Post 2344833)

If you keep saying stupid things like this you will have 30 posts in no time.

roscoeisthecool 03-08-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude (Post 2344858)
Nothing says "thanks for putting all this great info where I can easily access and learn from it" like insulting the people that help keep it here. Good job. "thumbsup"

you gave twenty bucks huh dude.

roscoeisthecool 03-08-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b (Post 2344907)
If you keep saying stupid things like this you will have 30 posts in no time.

your on to me!! its true I just want a star and I thought I was being witty.damn

Greatscott 03-08-2010 01:36 PM

I don't know about flaming, but I will poke the hell out of you...

First, look at how the classifieds are posted, they are ALL reviewed by a mod before we can see them, no E-Bay links, you post what you have and for how much you want for it, no grey area.

Second, people have paid for their subscriptions, so they are a lot less likely to try to scam you. I have made sever transactions and have never had a bad one.

Third, the only site I have seen that is more moderated (notice I did not say 'better') is the Traxxas site, their for-sale section is free, just as long as you are selling Traxxas equipment.

Forth, if you don't like the rules, feel free.... no, feel obligated to go elsewhere. Of course, this is only my opinion, but I have a feeling the mods will tell you the same thing... "thumbsup"

Duuuuuuuude 03-08-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by es79 (Post 2344865)

Quote:

Originally Posted by roscoeisthecool (Post 2344913)
your on to me!! its true I just want a star and I thought I was being witty.damn

FYI: the only way to recieve a star is to purchase it. The 30/30 rule only allows you access to the FS section. You still aren't able to recieve all the bonuses that come along with being a supporting member, namely the giveaways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roscoeisthecool (Post 2344911)
you gave twenty bucks huh dude.

This is my second year, so I've given $20 twice.

BADASSPONY 03-08-2010 01:42 PM

The only way to get a star is by buying one, after your 30 posts will only give you access to the classifieds. So till then happy reading!!