Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Question about Contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
LR3
Rock Crawler

Default Question about Contests

This is just an idea, and I may not be the only one who feels this way, but I think that you should be allowed to enter contest on this site regardless of your star status. I have looked at and drooled over many of the contests, but I can not enter because I do not have a star. I don't think this is fully fair because many of us here can't afford stars because of whatever reason. I think it would go for the better of the forum if you were to re-examine the star policy. If you wish to keep it how it is already I 100% understand and have no problems if you do want to keep it. Thank you for your time
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
R.I.P. Chip

So you don't want to support us, but you want us to support you?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Yes I want to support this site, I just can't afford to right now because of our family/financial status. What I was trying to say is that it may be more fair for the people who truly want to support the site(like me) but can't afford to.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
TEAM MODERATOR

Keep an eye out,once in a while some of the vendors will offer up a giveaway to non star members. In these you can actually win a star and they front a years membership for the winner.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:30 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

or another thing you can do is what I did. Was sale some stuff in the for sale section. When the item was sold I took the money out of pay pal for the star. It's only $20, item sold was $170. so I call that a good deal. I'm in the same boat as alot of people here on this site too!! no job, struggling for money, but it's a good site, and I didn't have a problem giving this site $20 bucks at all

OO and I'v saved alot of $ reading the forms on this site too, so to all that run this site to keep it up and going good work probably don't get that much
spyderwebbcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
Got Worms?

20 bucks is a couple gallons of gas, just don't go crawling a day or so and you've paid for your star
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #7
RCC Addict

If I had an extra 20 bucks laying around I would buy a star but the problem is, that I don't. I wish there were more give aways that non star holding members could enter so people like me and the OP have something to enter in, but the problem with that is any tom dick and harry could enter the giveaway and it could be an internet troll enter it, and win it, and somebody like Me that could really of used the item didn't get it, and when the troll got it, it went in the trash can.
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:02 PM   #8
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
Winner winner. Chicken dinner. The Mod has spoken.
Sell something or recycle some alum cans. I get $40 a trip when I turn in my cans.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #9
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
20 bucks is a couple gallons of gas, just don't go crawling a day or so and you've paid for your star
I crawl in my yard. There is no where around here to crawl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post
Winner winner. Chicken dinner. The Mod has spoken.
Sell something or recycle some alum cans. I get $40 a trip when I turn in my cans.
Don't really have anything to sell. The cans idea is good though
Old 07-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Just curious, where/what does the funds raised from stars go towards? I understand the server space and hosting costs, but anything else? There are alot of ads here, I would think that they bring in strong revenue. Thanks.
ram_tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #11
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_tough View Post
Just curious, where/what does the funds raised from stars go towards?
When you go buy something at WalMart do you ask them how they spend your money? What about McDonalds?

This is a business, we have a shit ton of expenses to keep this place open, we also both work fulltime jobs in addition to working way too many hours keeping this place going.

Thanks for asking though.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Sorry to pry, Thanks for the hard work Jason!!
ram_tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #13
No idea what I'm doing

I've heard these arguments before, and I can understand how you feel. But it's not just Jason and Badger's rule, it's also how the vendors feel. They have both given the vendors an incredible opportunity here, and I could not honestly give something away to someone who does not support this site.

Even if it wasn't a rule, it would be my own personal policy.

Sorry guys, but that's just the way it is.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

From a star holders perspective, the giveaways are great as they are, they are a major incentive for us to pay for a star. If not for the giveaway chances (even if I never win anything) I do not think I would have bought a star. $20 is not much, but it is a lot for an avatar, custom title and a few more pm's allowed in your box. I may be alone in this, but having most giveaways limited to star holders is a great incentive for us to keep giving Jason our $20 year after year. It matters not where the money goes, I hope some of it lands in the admins pockets

That being said I am a proud star holding supporter of the site I so often frequent, big thanks out to Jason, Badger, and the moderating team for making RCC what it is!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
Yes I want to support this site, I just can't afford to right now because of our family/financial status. What I was trying to say is that it may be more fair for the people who truly want to support the site(like me) but can't afford to.
Just curious.

How is it that you are able to afford R/C crawling if you can't afford $20 for a star?

A resourceful person can always find a way to come up with $20.

Narly1
Narly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:05 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
Keep an eye out,once in a while some of the vendors will offer up a giveaway to non star members. In these you can actually win a star and they front a years membership for the winner.
LR3, I suggest you take the ^^^^ advice, follow this link, thank RCC and the awesome vendors who put these up, and have some good luck to win your star
‹(•¿•)›Free Star Giveaway‹(•¿•)›
TEAM DEBEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #17
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narly1 View Post
Just curious.

How is it that you are able to afford R/C crawling if you can't afford $20 for a star?

A resourceful person can always find a way to come up with $20.

Narly1
I got my CC01 for my birthday from my aunt and uncle, grandparents, and mom combined. Recently we have had lot of financial trouble and my mom dosnt't want to put anything on her credit card. My fahter passed away 7 years ago, and my mom is looking for a job. We just can't afford it right now. If and when I get anything new for my RC, it is because my grandfather has been willing to get it fr me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM DEBEAD View Post
LR3, I suggest you take the ^^^^ advice, follow this link, thank RCC and the awesome vendors who put these up, and have some good luck to win your star
‹(•¿•)›Free Star Giveaway‹(•¿•)›
Thank you, I will most defiently enter that
Old 07-27-2010, 04:00 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Quote:
This is just an idea, and I may not be the only one who feels this way, but I think that you should be allowed to enter contest on this site regardless of your star status. I have looked at and drooled over many of the contests, but I can not enter because I do not have a star. I don't think this is fully fair because many of us here can't afford stars because of whatever reason. I think it would go for the better of the forum if you were to re-examine the star policy. If you wish to keep it how it is already I 100% understand and have no problems if you do want to keep it. Thank you for your time
Its a great perk to supporting something that many of us would be lost without. Without supporters there would be no site, therefore i see no issue in limiting alot of the give away's to star holders.
Fattymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I got my CC01 for my birthday from my aunt and uncle, grandparents, and mom combined. Recently we have had lot of financial trouble and my mom dosnt't want to put anything on her credit card. My fahter passed away 7 years ago, and my mom is looking for a job. We just can't afford it right now. If and when I get anything new for my RC, it is because my grandfather has been willing to get it fr me.
Wow, quite the hard luck story. Not trying to belittle you here but I still stick by my previous comment about scraping up the $20.

You seem like a smart kid. Use that head for more than a hat rack and earn yourself that $20 by thinking creatively.

For example:

Offer your services as a paid marshal at your local R/C track.

Help some old fart slug rocks for his backyard crawler course.

Offer to clean and detail guy's R/C rigs for cash (I hate cleaning my stuff LOL).

The money is out there if you are willing to work for it.

Narly1
Narly1 is offline   Reply With Quote