Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: what's wrong with my account?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 08:46 AM   #21
Colt Python/SR9c

Brandon,

I have looked into your account and there is no problem with it. Here at RCC, we have certain software programs to help stop spam and help us moderate this forum, since we can not catch every single thing. There were several of your posts that have been stuck in "Posts waiting to be moderated", thus why they never showed up. I can not explain why they went there, as you didn't post links in those threads. But that would answer your question as to why they didn't show up.

As for the non-crawler posts should count comment. I do see your point as there is "tech" in those sections as to where our members do help out. However, this is a RC "Crawler" forum and see why only tech posts related to "crawling" count.

Hopefully this answers your question about your account
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #22
R.I.P. Chip

The system is totally automated, it is not counting posts for some people and not for others. It is the same all across the board.

The reason some of your posts don't show up is because of our spamming software. If you have a post count of 0 it analizes every post you make and if it determines that it might be spam it doesn't let that post through.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #23

Thanks Jason and TwistedCreations for looking into the problem. I still feel that if the non-crawler section in fact doesn't count posts, then it should be added to the list of sections in the rules. It would save others from having to post with duplicate questions later. If they are counted in that section, then we should be able to figure out why my posts are all being marked as spam(non-tech or whever flag they are getting). I've been trying to find any other users who have a count of 0 posts who actually post on a regular basis here and haven't found any yet. That doesn't mean I've checked everyone, but of all of the threads I've looked at, I haven't found any. That still has to be considered unusual, right?
Torkrench is offline   Reply With Quote