Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: what's wrong with my account?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 07:12 PM   #1

Default what's wrong with my account?

Why does my account show 0 posts. but if you search for posts I've made, there are several? I've also had my account for a while now and still can't get access to the classified section? If it isn't tracking the posts I have made, and the time I've had my account, then how will I ever get access to the classifieds? Other than paying the $20.00 that is.
Torkrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
Just jump it!

Certain forums do not count posts when posted in, so if you have posted in any of these forums, that is why your not seeing your post count increase.
The following forums do not add to your post count.
Chit chat
Comments, Suggestions, and Help
Regional (all regional sub forums)
Classifieds
Don't think that a high post count makes you "cool" or respected. A person who posts a little good information will always be respected more than someone who posts a lot of garbage.

More here.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/misc.php?do=cfrules
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #3

I post mainly in the Non-Crawler forum. I'm not looking for a high post count, mainly access to the classifieds. Even ignoring the post count, I've had my account since January and still no access. Isn't one of the criteria having an account more than 30 days?

I feel like the system is ignoring me!
Old 08-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
MODERATOR™

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/misc.php?do=cfrules

Quote:
Classifieds

You cannot see the entire classifieds section until you meet these qualifications:

Be a member of the site for at least 30 days.

and

Have a minimum of 30 posts.

or

Purchase a star to support the site. See below.
There ya go. Lil reading helps.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #5

I've read that over and over and I didn't realize that was an "and"... my mistake. Then the next question is does the system then count my "counted posts" or my "non counted posts". Why is the Non-Crawler section not listed in the list of "non counted posts"?
Old 08-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkrench View Post
I've read that over and over and I didn't realize that was an "and"... my mistake. Then the next question is does the system then count my "counted posts" or my "non counted posts". Why is the Non-Crawler section not listed in the list of "non counted posts"?
It goes off of your listed post count. You need 30 posts in the TECH sections of the board.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #7
0 0

Just thought Ide stick my nose in here. Technically he should have 15 post on his post counter. Those 15 post were made in the non crawler section.
If those aren't being counted than something is wrong because I know of a member on the forums with over 300 post count and all but maybe 15 are in the non crawler section.

Just trying to be fair
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:39 PM   #8

Finally someone understands what im saying. I think maybe ill post 3 different topics next time. I didnt mean to cconfuse peoople by asking 3 questions in one thread.

Hopefully some one can help me with the post count problem. I would really like access to the classified section once I post 30 times (in the non-crawler section). Someone must be able to fix it.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:41 PM   #9
MODERHATER™

The Non-Crawler section is not considered tech, does not count to your post count.

Most of your posts are there.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:58 PM   #10
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus22 View Post
Just thought Ide stick my nose in here. Technically he should have 15 post on his post counter. Those 15 post were made in the non crawler section.
If those aren't being counted than something is wrong because I know of a member on the forums with over 300 post count and all but maybe 15 are in the non crawler section.

Just trying to be fair
I just made a post in the non crawler section and my post count did not go up. It is the same for everyone.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:13 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

i think that limiting the post counts to certian areas is good because you dont have one guy in there trying to get 4000 posts by posting bs posts.. it does suck trying to get past that "30th" post to view that classifieds though!
adawg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:25 AM   #12

Well that pretty much eliminates me from ever being able to use this "wonderful" classified section. I'm a member of too many forums to make the donation on each one, and I don't own a rock crawler, so have no real info to add in those forums.

I guess I'll just keep up the ghost posting in the non-crawler section and remain the only guy (I believe, but I haven't checked everyones accounts) who posts continuously here and has a post count of 0.

**Back to the non-crawler section, you can close this thread...
Old 08-18-2010, 05:02 AM   #13
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
The Non-Crawler section is not considered tech, does not count to your post count.

Most of your posts are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
I just made a post in the non crawler section and my post count did not go up. It is the same for everyone.

PM sent to both of you so you both can see what I'm talking about.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Just pay the 20 bucks and get it over with.... life is too damn short bickering about post counts. Just my 2 cents.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #15
www.team3sixrc.com

Im shaking my head once again.

*I want to be a member here BUT I dont want to support the site by paying $20.00 for a years subscription which will give me access to the classified section.

*My posts should count in non tech area's SO I am priveledged to complain about it in hopes I can enter the classified sections.

*I have been here since January and dont own a crawler YET I want to have access to the classified section and have nothing to tech about in the crawler section.

REALLY!!!!

So are you here to learn about crawling?
Is there an intrest you have in it?
Why is it so important for you to have access to the classifieds if you dont seem to care about being involved in crawling in the first place?

No offence, and obviously I dont know you. But this is why i think that one should be a supporting members here before having access to the classifieds. Too many guys step on a land mine when a guy who doesnt support the site offers RC's for sale and ends up ripping someone off.

Not saying youll do that. but I honestly dont believe you have the right to ask why and complain, when you wont take the time to respect the rules of this site or support the site.

Im done ranting. I just had to say it!
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:16 PM   #16
0 0

I'm just going to say this. I joined in 2006 with the thought I was going to buy a crawler and learn some stuff. Started looking at prices and emailed one member about a custom tuber. I was a little shell shocked knowing my $9hr wage wasn't going to fund a toy when I had lots of other things I was already doing.

3yrs later I can actually afford these things is when I started using the site and contributing. Just because someone has been a member for 8 months doesn't mean they should already have a crawler and know what to talk about in the tech threads.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

this is a touchy subject for everyone. If in fact the guy who started this thread belongs to several sites then I could see where the 20 bucks would add up fast. I am confused though as to why he want into classifieds if he doesnt have a crawler and has no desire to get one. to each his own I guess. Without knowing anything about crawlers you (myself included) are left (trying to get 30 post if you don't pay) possibly looking like a total newb and maybe an idiot by commenting and posting threads. However if you have any rc experience you can comment on some stuff to get your posts up. Maybe trying to answer some guys problem he is having that can be rc basics. Like batteries and radios. Just a thought. I concur that you should buy the star if you want to see the classifieds that badly or just start looking at all the new posts and see if people are posting stuff you might be able to comment on. good luck.
ctracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:20 AM   #18

I wasn't going to post anymore on this topic since it doesn't seem like anything is going to get fixed, but I'll post one more just to clarify my position.

I've got almost 50 RC vehicles (boats, cars&trucks, planes, helis, motorcycles, etc...). I'm building an indoor carpet track here in Tracy, will be opening a hobby shop along with the track, and working on organizing some outdoor dirt racing at some local tracks as well. I've got lots of friends with crawlers, have my share of experience with them, and will most likely end up with an indoor rock course at the track.

I don't have any interest in getting a rock crawler myself (ran several and it's just my cup of tea). I have seen the classified section here through a friend's account and they do sell more on there than just crawling vehicles. That being said, getting access to the classifieds isn't really that important, just something I'd like to have. I have had several issues with posts and threads I've created not show up and others show up instantly. The other day, I had that issue with a thread in the non-crawler section that I was trying to reply to. That's what made me notice the post count issue and I figured they might be related. I located the help section of the forum figuring that it's the proper place to post with these kinds of issues, thinking I would get some decent feedback from the moderators. That's the way things work on other forums, but I guess not the way it works here.

From the first response, it was clear that most people in here are more interested in blaming problems on people instead of looking into a problem that might exist. I found out that for the last few months I had been mis-reading the rules regarding gaining access to the classifieds section (reading the word "or" in place of "and") and acknowledged my mistake. Still only a couple of people would read enough of my posts to see what I was really inquiring about. I thank those who did see the problem for what it is and commenting on it. I don't understand how the non-crawler section isn't a "tech section". Plenty of people post in there with questions relating to RC but not crawlers specifically, and rely on people there to help them out.

In the end, if the people who run this forum decide on a set of rules, it's not my place to question them. If posts in the Non-Crawler section are really not counted then it should be listed as one of the sections that posts don't count in so these kind of questions don't keep getting asked. If the posts in there are in fact counted, I'd just like someone to look into why my account is one of the ones that don't get counted. I figure that's a simple request. I guess I could post some pointless response to a thread in one of the "tech sections" and see if my count changes, but I figure why just create more pointless clutter.

I've said what I needed to say on the topic, and I'm done in this thread now. If there really is a problem with my account and someone feels like giving me a hand with it, I can always be reached by PM and I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise, thanks to the few people in here who actually seemed sincere in wanting to help me, I really do appreciate your responses.

-Brandon

One small addition in light of the response by Frankenwheely after mine:
I never said I wanted to sell anything on the forum. I actually almost never get rid of anything RC I buy. I did trade one car for another car once, but thats the only thing I've parted with. I spend thousands of dollars every year on this hobby and I might like to help other users on the forum out by spending some of that purchasing items from them. And as far as the "other stuff and other stuff only" comment, if there is ever a reason for me to go into one of the crawler sections and I find something I can help with, then I will gladly help, but I don't frequent those sections. I have never actually gone into any of the crawler sections. Though the site is rccrawler.com, I feel that if there is a place to discuss RC with interesting people about things relevant to you, then you should use it regardless of where it's located. If the rules were to state that everyone who uses the forum at rccrawler.com must own a rock crawler, or be interested in owning a rock crawler in order to use any section of the forums, then I would be in defiance of the rule, but to my knowledge that rule doesn't exist.

As for the constant replies of "just spend the $20.00 to get access"... If the rules stated that you must spend the $20 to gain access to the classified section and that was the only way, then I would consider it. I still wouldn't do it, but I would consider it. The rule states that there are two ways, and I have chosen the 2nd of the two ways available to me. I'm not complaining about having to pay it. I'm sure that if you go back and read my posts again, you will see that. I'm very careful about choosing my words so that they aren't misunderstood by those who choose to read them. My first post was simply 2 questions. If you read them and considered it complaining, then you were mistaken. They were questions posted politely in the "HELP SECTION".

Last edited by Torkrench; 08-19-2010 at 04:05 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:33 AM   #19
D-Wray 4 Prez!

This is why I am lost as well... So you are here to talk about other stuff and other stuff only? But you want to peddle your wares...
EDIT: What the hell! My post count is the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
So are you here to learn about crawling?
Is there an intrest you have in it?
Why is it so important for you to have access to the classifieds if you dont seem to care about being involved in crawling in the first place?

No offence, and obviously I dont know you. But this is why i think that one should be a supporting members here before having access to the classifieds. Too many guys step on a land mine when a guy who doesnt support the site offers RC's for sale and ends up ripping someone off
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:18 AM   #20
www.team3sixrc.com

I'm sorry if I have come off harsh, but 2 + 2 isn't adding up. Let's assume that you are truthful about your experiance. The fact is that even a guy with half the knowledge as you have, and someone that doesn't have the ability to open a track still will ask questions or offer help. I know a guy in TN whom just called me the other day to ask about tuning a Nitro, just because you are not into Crawling doesn't keep you from posting your experienced advice here. The point is that it is strange that you question your post count only for the means of entering the classifieds. And in my time here, I would say that 99.4% if the things sold are Crawler associated.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote