Notices

Thread: Age needs to be public.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
You've just proven that you're just a punk kid. So, either your parents raised you to have personal responsibility or they simply didn't care. Either way, they obviously didn't teach you to keep your mouth shut and not question how somebody else raises their own children!

If you or any other children want to be taken seriously, then instead of putting your efforts into responding to a thread such as this trying to explain how responsible you are, you should be contacting your congressmen to have them change the laws regarding the contractural obligations of a minor. As it is, you're not viewed as responsible in the eyes of the law. An adult who enters into a contract with a minor is viewed to be potentially taking advantage of the minor as the law views the minor incapable of deciding for themselves thus making the contract voidable up to 2 years afterward.
Not taking sides but I agree with both of you. Shouldn't question how someone raises their kids BUT when I was 14-15 I was stupid and immature, always opened my mouth and said stuff I shouldn't BUT I would never have scammed someone or done a bad deal.

I used my moms paypal account, she knew about it, I had to ask her permission/tell her what I was doing and she would say sure. Never been scammed, never made a bad deal.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2010, 01:09 AM   #22
Got Worms?

Also how is age gonna be verified anyways, because the "punk kids" your talking about would be the ones who would/could easily fake their age online, even in credit card verification, you get your parents card type the few numbers in, and bang your an adult. that simple. It is near impossible to prove age over the Internet. If you can figure out a way then maybe your wish may come true but till then your sol.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:57 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
You've just proven that you're just a punk kid. So, either your parents raised you to have personal responsibility or they simply didn't care. Either way, they obviously didn't teach you to keep your mouth shut and not question how somebody else raises their own children!

If you or any other children want to be taken seriously, then instead of putting your efforts into responding to a thread such as this trying to explain how responsible you are, you should be contacting your congressmen to have them change the laws regarding the contractural obligations of a minor. As it is, you're not viewed as responsible in the eyes of the law. An adult who enters into a contract with a minor is viewed to be potentially taking advantage of the minor as the law views the minor incapable of deciding for themselves thus making the contract voidable up to 2 years afterward.
So, if I ask you Why? I asked you how you raised your children?

Either way, they obviously didn't teach you to keep your mouth shut and not question how somebody else raises their own children!

I think you just proved your just an ass that has nothing better to do than to argue with kids about how they should be older to be making deals, and to state how there parents raised them. Dumbass..
Old 11-07-2010, 08:00 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Cause I said and I'm the boss, after they turn 18 then they are their own boss.

punk
All I asked was why you did that. I thought maybe there was a reason other than your the boss. Sorry dude, No need to call me a punk.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:13 AM   #25
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by country_crawler View Post

Either way, they obviously didn't teach you to keep your mouth shut and not question how somebody else raises their own children!

I think you just proved your just an ass that has nothing better to do than to argue with kids about how they should be older to be making deals, and to state how there parents raised them. Dumbass..
Quote:
All I asked was why you did that. I thought maybe there was a reason other than your the boss. Sorry dude, No need to call me a punk.
By the looks of these two post, I'd say your about 14. Sorry didn't meant to call you a punk, That was just a personal note to myself.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:32 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Way to go. You've just proven to the forum your true level of maturity.

By the way, back on subject, the punk kid that motivated me to start this thread still hasn't shipped the stuff that I paid for 17 days ago. If I had known that he was 14, I would not have sent him money.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #27
Old guy

Quote:

By the way, back on subject, the punk kid that motivated me to start this thread still hasn't shipped the stuff that I paid for 17 days ago. If I had known that he was 14, I would not have sent him money.
My 14 year old would have asked me if he could and I would of made sure he did. There's the why I'm the boss.
Comes down to parents letting their kids teach them selfs.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #28
Got Worms?

Quote:

Have you wrotten some bad feedback yet?
Old 11-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Have you wrotten some bad feedback yet?
Oh, yeah. I have a thread over in the feedback section. He doesn't seem to care, though. The sad thing is that it's not a high dollar item. He's just been a little, punk douchebag with his attitude. He's acted like it's no big deal. I can't prove that he's lied to me, but he's promised to ship 3 seperate times and once claimed that he had the address wrong and it was sitting in a Post Office in another town, but if I gave him my address again (even though he could have just checked paypal) that he'd contact them and get it re-shipped. Yeah. Right.

He's a lying little douche, and I'm going to do my best to make sure nobody ever deals with him again.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:45 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

However, matters of a financial nature are really touchy. I won't sell anything to a minor without parental approval. No offence against you, but the laws are pretty ridiculous regarding contracts with a minor. According to the law in most states, you could effectively buy a crawler from me, use it for a year, and then claim that it's not want you wanted. The contract could then be voided (even if you were over 18 at that time) and I'd be forced to refund your money as long as you returned the goods to me. Some states don't require that the goods even be in the same condition as received.
Contractually any contract with a minor is voidable, but that simply means that the unbound party (minor) can repudiate the contract thus making it void and freeing them from any obligation to perform under that contract. In this case the contract would have been fulfilled, both parties made whole and there would be next to no case in the real world. I also believe it's pointless to bring issues of legality into online trading as the likelihood of any authority getting involved in this kind of stuff is slim to none.

I do however think that you raise a valid point in that traders have a right to know if they are dealing with a minor. I've been trading on forums since I was around 12 years old, but I also had the full consent and support of my parents ... something that isn't guaranteed. Issues include having transportation, access to funding and general maturity issues. Anyway, good thread and X2 ...
Old 11-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #31
Old guy

Quote:
Oh, yeah. I have a thread over in the feedback section. He doesn't seem to care, though. The sad thing is that it's not a high dollar item. He's just been a little, punk douchebag with his attitude. He's acted like it's no big deal. I can't prove that he's lied to me, but he's promised to ship 3 seperate times and once claimed that he had the address wrong and it was sitting in a Post Office in another town, but if I gave him my address again (even though he could have just checked paypal) that he'd contact them and get it re-shipped. Yeah. Right.

He's a lying little douche, and I'm going to do my best to make sure nobody ever deals with him again.
You don't have a cop buddy that could go by and talk to his parents.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

I've seen at least one web forum (Airsoft Canada, when I was into that stuff) that actually have certain members considered age verifiers. If you want to be active in the forum, you have to meet up with one of these people, and your age is listed right under your screen name.

I personally don't know if I agree with it or not. It keeps the adults safe in sales, but seems like it could cause some safety issues for kids having their information public. It is easy for a reasonably smart person (usually with bad intentions) to find anything they want from just a screen name. My city and gender is about the only thing I'll make public, anything else stays in private messages or emails. This is not because of my age, just a general privacy/security thing.

And from the other side, I don't want to get ripped off by anyone, minor or not. Stuck up minors with ignorant parents are about the worst group, but (legality aside) that has nothing to do with age. I've had tons of internet deals, and only one real issue. The only thing I do is a general overview of the seller's posts just to make sure that they are at least a reasonably competent individual. Spelling, grammar, a thorough description, and decent pictures of the item go a heck of a long way.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
You don't have a cop buddy that could go by and talk to his parents.
I have several cop buddies here. I occasionally help out the local Sheriff Department with Training exercises. It's a great gig. I get to play the bad guy and shoot at the SRT Team officers with a paintball gun. I'm pretty decent friends with the Chief Deputy.

Unfortunately, I dont have any contacts in New Mexico. I'm really not out enough money to cash in a favor like that anyway. It's just my goal at this point to ruin the little punk on the forums.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

After a threat through a PM here and through Paypal, he finally got back to me again.

This time, he claims that it will be delivered tomorrow via Fedex. It's kind of funny that last week, it was sitting in the Post Office in another town. Now it's getting FedEx'ed.

He also said that he had no tracking number or receipt to prove that it had been shipped, but his mother was able to call FedEx and they assured her it would ship tomorrow. He claims that his mother could call them and they could do that, but that she couldn't get a tracking number??? There's more holes in his stories that a block of Swiss Cheese. I just hope he's telling the truth so I can put this to rest...but I doubt it.

Oh, and not once through this whole deal has he ever apologized for it taking so long. He just gives his excuse and claims it's shipped. What a disrespectful little piece of crap.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #35
Old guy

Quote:
What a disrespectful little piece of crap.
Sometimes, I said sometimes ,they grow up to be just like their parents.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #36
Suck it up!

Amber Alert. Thats all I'm sayin'.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #37
Colt Python/SR9c

enough is enough
Closed Thread