Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Star, expiration question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
Got Worms?

Default Star, expiration question

Ok well my star expires the 28th and i wont get paid till the week after. When my account downgrades i will be exceeding what i can have, will everything be deleted right away? Or will i have a grace period, or ????. Also once i renew will i have to redo my account? Next question, whats the policy when buying a different star after buying the green star. Because i have been considering a vendor star for a few products i'm not allowed to say. And i'm unsure if i should just buy the vendor star now, or later.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Ok well my star expires the 28th and i wont get paid till the week after. When my account downgrades i will be exceeding what i can have, will everything be deleted right away? Or will i have a grace period, or ????. Also once i renew will i have to redo my account? Next question, whats the policy when buying a different star after buying the green star. Because i have been considering a vendor star for a few products i'm not allowed to say. And i'm unsure if i should just buy the vendor star now, or later.
Well I will try to answer the questions to the best of my knowledge, but Jason or John would be the exact ones to answer.

When your star expires, the system is set to automatically scan things such as this at certain times, so there is no grace period. So once it sees your expired, it will throw you into a "registered users" usergroup. In turn, this will delete your avatar, profile pic, drop your Pm's back down to like 50 or whatever they are set at. So if you have Pm's you want to save, I suggest you print them out or scroll to the bottom of your inbox and download them from there.

Once you renew, you will need to set your avatar and such back to what you want.

As for upgrading your account, that is all determined by how long you have had your current star. Jason or John will need to take care of this for you as they are the ones who determine the cost differences.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
Well I will try to answer the questions to the best of my knowledge, but Jason or John would be the exact ones to answer.

When your star expires, the system is set to automatically scan things such as this at certain times, so there is no grace period. So once it sees your expired, it will throw you into a "registered users" usergroup. In turn, this will delete your avatar, profile pic, drop your Pm's back down to like 50 or whatever they are set at. So if you have Pm's you want to save, I suggest you print them out or scroll to the bottom of your inbox and download them from there.

Once you renew, you will need to set your avatar and such back to what you want.

As for upgrading your account, that is all determined by how long you have had your current star. Jason or John will need to take care of this for you as they are the ones who determine the cost differences.
Thanks TC.

losikid, Your star expires on 12-28, I extended the expiration out two weeks so it will now expire on 1-11-2011 to give you time to renew your star without loosing anything.

And if you do renew your green star and at a later date you want to purchase a vendor star just send me a PM and I will prorate the vendor star amount and let you know how much you will need to send to upgrade.

BTW, I owe you a response to your last PM, I will respond today.

Thanks.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Thanks TC.

losikid, Your star expires on 12-28, I extended the expiration out two weeks so it will now expire on 1-11-2011 to give you time to renew your star without loosing anything.

And if you do renew your green star and at a later date you want to purchase a vendor star just send me a PM and I will prorate the vendor star amount and let you know how much you will need to send to upgrade.

BTW, I owe you a response to your last PM, I will respond today.

Thanks.
Ok thanks for the extension, and i have already decided about the vendor star, i got a temp job for a few weeks so i will have the extra cash to get one, but they will cut the checks the 31st then how ever long it takes the mail man to get it to me.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

just for info: when a star expires, the PMs above quota aren't deleted, you just aren't allowed to send or receive any more until you either clear out your inbox or renew...

I only know because I had no idea mine expired and went to send a PM and it wouldn't let me, but all of my PMs were still there.

just to let you know
Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #6
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Montess View Post
just for info: when a star expires, the PMs above quota aren't deleted, you just aren't allowed to send or receive any more until you either clear out your inbox or renew...

I only know because I had no idea mine expired and went to send a PM and it wouldn't let me, but all of my PMs were still there.

just to let you know
Ok thats what i was most worried about, i got about 70 i have been storing about misc stuff,i could probably get it down to about 50 if i had too.

Thanks for the info
Old 12-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ok thats what i was most worried about, i got about 70 i have been storing about misc stuff,i could probably get it down to about 50 if i had too.

Thanks for the info

Just download your PM's to your computer, then delete them on RCC in your in/out boxes. Save only the ones you want to keep.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #8
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Montess View Post

just to let you know
So your saying that when your star was expired your "box" was full?

Good to know, thanks.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post

Good to know, thanks.
anything for you Johnger
Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote