Go Back   RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help
Loading

Notices


Thread: Star, expiration question

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
Got Worms?
 
losikid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 5,500
Default Star, expiration question

Ok well my star expires the 28th and i wont get paid till the week after. When my account downgrades i will be exceeding what i can have, will everything be deleted right away? Or will i have a grace period, or ????. Also once i renew will i have to redo my account? Next question, whats the policy when buying a different star after buying the green star. Because i have been considering a vendor star for a few products i'm not allowed to say. And i'm unsure if i should just buy the vendor star now, or later.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
Colt Python/SR9c
 
TwistedCreations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: out in the shop, reloading ammo!
Posts: 8,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Ok well my star expires the 28th and i wont get paid till the week after. When my account downgrades i will be exceeding what i can have, will everything be deleted right away? Or will i have a grace period, or ????. Also once i renew will i have to redo my account? Next question, whats the policy when buying a different star after buying the green star. Because i have been considering a vendor star for a few products i'm not allowed to say. And i'm unsure if i should just buy the vendor star now, or later.
Well I will try to answer the questions to the best of my knowledge, but Jason or John would be the exact ones to answer.

When your star expires, the system is set to automatically scan things such as this at certain times, so there is no grace period. So once it sees your expired, it will throw you into a "registered users" usergroup. In turn, this will delete your avatar, profile pic, drop your Pm's back down to like 50 or whatever they are set at. So if you have Pm's you want to save, I suggest you print them out or scroll to the bottom of your inbox and download them from there.

Once you renew, you will need to set your avatar and such back to what you want.

As for upgrading your account, that is all determined by how long you have had your current star. Jason or John will need to take care of this for you as they are the ones who determine the cost differences.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
RIP Buster & Sway
 
badger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 11,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Ok well my star expires the 28th and i wont get paid till the week after. When my account downgrades i will be exceeding what i can have, will everything be deleted right away? Or will i have a grace period, or ????. Also once i renew will i have to redo my account? Next question, whats the policy when buying a different star after buying the green star. Because i have been considering a vendor star for a few products i'm not allowed to say. And i'm unsure if i should just buy the vendor star now, or later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
Well I will try to answer the questions to the best of my knowledge, but Jason or John would be the exact ones to answer.

When your star expires, the system is set to automatically scan things such as this at certain times, so there is no grace period. So once it sees your expired, it will throw you into a "registered users" usergroup. In turn, this will delete your avatar, profile pic, drop your Pm's back down to like 50 or whatever they are set at. So if you have Pm's you want to save, I suggest you print them out or scroll to the bottom of your inbox and download them from there.

Once you renew, you will need to set your avatar and such back to what you want.

As for upgrading your account, that is all determined by how long you have had your current star. Jason or John will need to take care of this for you as they are the ones who determine the cost differences.
Thanks TC.

losikid, Your star expires on 12-28, I extended the expiration out two weeks so it will now expire on 1-11-2011 to give you time to renew your star without loosing anything.

And if you do renew your green star and at a later date you want to purchase a vendor star just send me a PM and I will prorate the vendor star amount and let you know how much you will need to send to upgrade.

BTW, I owe you a response to your last PM, I will respond today.

Thanks.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
Got Worms?
 
losikid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 5,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Thanks TC.

losikid, Your star expires on 12-28, I extended the expiration out two weeks so it will now expire on 1-11-2011 to give you time to renew your star without loosing anything.

And if you do renew your green star and at a later date you want to purchase a vendor star just send me a PM and I will prorate the vendor star amount and let you know how much you will need to send to upgrade.

BTW, I owe you a response to your last PM, I will respond today.

Thanks.
Ok thanks for the extension, and i have already decided about the vendor star, i got a temp job for a few weeks so i will have the extra cash to get one, but they will cut the checks the 31st then how ever long it takes the mail man to get it to me.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper
 
Del Montess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hesperia
Posts: 497
Default

just for info: when a star expires, the PMs above quota aren't deleted, you just aren't allowed to send or receive any more until you either clear out your inbox or renew...

I only know because I had no idea mine expired and went to send a PM and it wouldn't let me, but all of my PMs were still there.

just to let you know
Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #6
Got Worms?
 
losikid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 5,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Montess View Post
just for info: when a star expires, the PMs above quota aren't deleted, you just aren't allowed to send or receive any more until you either clear out your inbox or renew...

I only know because I had no idea mine expired and went to send a PM and it wouldn't let me, but all of my PMs were still there.

just to let you know
Ok thats what i was most worried about, i got about 70 i have been storing about misc stuff,i could probably get it down to about 50 if i had too.

Thanks for the info
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
31st place in 2006 Nats!!
 
toyofast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Columbia Gorge
Posts: 5,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Ok thats what i was most worried about, i got about 70 i have been storing about misc stuff,i could probably get it down to about 50 if i had too.

Thanks for the info

Just download your PM's to your computer, then delete them on RCC in your in/out boxes. Save only the ones you want to keep.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #8
RIP Buster & Sway
 
badger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 11,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Montess View Post
just for info: when a star expires, the PMs above quota aren't deleted, you just aren't allowed to send or receive any more until you either clear out your inbox or renew...

I only know because I had no idea mine expired and went to send a PM and it wouldn't let me, but all of my PMs were still there.

just to let you know
So your saying that when your star was expired your "box" was full?

Good to know, thanks.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper
 
Del Montess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hesperia
Posts: 497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post

Good to know, thanks.
anything for you Johnger
Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-20010 RCCrawler.com