RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Comments, Suggestions, and Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/)
-   -   WOW !!! how things change when your out of it for a while (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/288285-wow-how-things-change-when-your-out-while.html)

T-Man 12-24-2010 09:41 AM

WOW !!! how things change when your out of it for a while

I came in here to get an idea of what some of my old RC Crawler stuff is worth now. While looking around at all the different sections, I can't help but this how amazing it is to see the evolution of the RC Crawlers. We use to have to build everything. All Custom. Now you can buy a kit RTR or buy a kit like an old Associated or Losi buggy/truck kit, put it together and add the electronics and go to town.

ANyway, I'll keep browsing around. I have to thin out my garage of parts that I am just not using. I don't plan on getting rid of everything because it all relates back to my Jeepin Habit of the past 27 years, but I just thought it was crazy to see how everything has changed so much.

See ya'll on the board.

EeePee 12-24-2010 09:50 AM

Yeah it is nuts. The Axial AX-10 and SCX-10 has remained the constant I'd say, but they're also moving forward with their MOA truck, the XR-10. The Losi is still rockin out, the Berg is still kicking ass, but Axial is challenging them. TLT? Sadly, all but gone except for a few select scaler builds...

Doesn't matter, crawlers are just a fad.

T-Man 12-24-2010 10:11 AM

ya, just a FAD. Funny how it's developed though.

Back in 2005-2006 I was going to help a local RC Shop build a crawler track. At that time he wasn't sure he wanted to spend the time and take up the space. I went in there about 6-8 months ago just to see how things were going, and he said he was trying to get in touch with me for about a year to help him build a crawler course. He built one, and it is pretty awesome.

He did say that the RTR Crawlers had pushed him to do it, and how everyone loves the looks of the bodies and are starting to use the bodies on their dirt track cars.

For me, I have a ton of CLOD axles, MAXX axles (locked up) and TLT axles and kits laying around, as well as several chassis I probably won't be able to sell, like the old Rock Raider chassis, and several CLOD chassis that I am not using, and probably won't use all of them, so that is why I need to sell some things off. My son wants a crossbow. I guess an AR-15 and a Mathews compound for a 7yr old just got his taste buds wet. :lmao:

He still loves running all the RC trucks and crawlers around the property though, and is finally at an age where he can actually help me build, so I am sure we'll start building some of my dream crawlers. :mrgreen:

Tanis 12-24-2010 06:25 PM

Right on, enjoy the time with your son"thumbsup". I miss 2006 when my daughter use to compete with us:cry: and I cherish those memories dearly8)
Welcome back!