RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Comments, Suggestions, and Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/)
-   -   this is a stupid qwestion how do you add a dp (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/289263-stupid-qwestion-how-do-you-add-dp.html)

crawler57 12-30-2010 12:23 AM

this is a stupid qwestion how do you add a dp

hi umm just wondering how i add a profile pic (dp) ????????

team3six 12-30-2010 12:28 AM

Buy a star!
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/payments.php

MUD. 12-30-2010 12:57 AM

That sucks....as if the hobby isnt costing us enough :evil:

team3six 12-30-2010 06:20 AM

Ok, before the wolves attack.

1. R/C is an expensive hobby. If anyone had any illusion that it isn't, they are in the wrong hobby.

2. No one is saying you have to buy a star. Yes other websites don't require this purchase , but how many other websites have the largest following specific to one area of R/C ?, How many R/C websites have specific hobby brand vendors ?, How many R/C websites offer a forsale section that adds are approved before they are listed and are controlled by consumer feedback ?, How many R/C websites offer product giveaways on a normal basis of generally anywhere from $1.00 to $1500.00 in product ?, And how many R/C websites offer brand specific advice that can offer a newb the chance to be a pro driver if they want to bad enough ? Basically if your a crawler, this site is your support system. Support that allows all of to continue to support you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MUD. (Post 2828262)

mustangboy_347 12-30-2010 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUD. (Post 2828262)

if it cost to much for you then just go to wal-mart and buy a RC there :evil: ... on this site when you buy a star you get all the advice ,little secrets, and you save money when you shop on the for sale section ...you may even save enough money on the for sale section to pay off your star you just bought... so if the hobby is to expensive for you dont start now because in 6 months you will be bankrupt :lmao:....just my $0.02

have a great new year

jetboat 12-30-2010 07:11 AM

1 yr subscription to RCCA = $27.95 amount of crawler specific information for that price = about 10 pages per year
Amount of give aways per yr = 0!

1yr rcc $20 amount of crawler specific information for that price = about 10 gb

Amount of giveaways per yr = about 100 (or close to $5000)

you do the math

MUD. 12-30-2010 08:55 AM

Well thanks guys for your words......i dont do all this internet trickery :shock: but i always thought that people are friendly and happy to share there knowlage etc for free....not just cause you have a star (its part of the hobby) :oops:....YES i understand that the forum doesnt get run for free and yes there is a tonne of work that goes on behind the scene (i was a mod on RCU for 2years +)...on other boards im on the advertisers pay for the forum upkeep and the mods look after it because they want to.

Belive me i know what this hobby costs (12years +) i have 2 crawlers ATM (XR10 and a BERG) both been MOA's and running twin FXR's from a 4pk its not cheap "thumbsup"

I realy hope that if i needed advice that members wouldnt help just cause i dont have a star :mrgreen:

My rant over "thumbsup"

Greatscott 12-30-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUD. (Post 2828532)
Well thanks guys for your words......i dont do all this internet trickery :shock: but i always thought that people are friendly and happy to share there knowlage etc for free....not just cause you have a star (its part of the hobby) :oops:....YES i understand that the forum doesnt get run for free and yes there is a tonne of work that goes on behind the scene (i was a mod on RCU for 2years +)...on other boards im on the advertisers pay for the forum upkeep and the mods look after it because they want to.

Belive me i know what this hobby costs (12years +) i have 2 crawlers ATM (XR10 and a BERG) both been MOA's and running twin FXR's from a 4pk its not cheap "thumbsup"

I realy hope that if i needed advice that members wouldnt help just cause i dont have a star :mrgreen:

My rant over "thumbsup"

The forum is free...

But, it you want the perks (i.e. avatar, contest entry, larger mail box, custom profile, faster searching, instant access to the 'For Sale' section, etc...), it will cost you 20 bones... Also, a lot of us won't trade from anyone that does not have a star, and I'm very leary about buying from someone with out a star and less than 200 posts...

My first month as a paid member I won't over $100 worth of gear in contests...

Well said team3six!!!!

team3six 12-30-2010 04:19 PM

OK, not to pick on you and honestly I have no idea how old you are or your experience.

How many crawler specific events does RCU and their advertisers support a year?

How many of them MOD's at RCU are just kids on a power trip? RCC has some of the very best Mods and Owners who not only interact with the RCC community, but are older guys who have been involved with the development of this website from day one, are active crawlers with experience, and are not on a power trip, but here to maintain order to make this a great place to be.

Does RCU and or their advertisers have connections and work closely with other manufacturers to develop better products for Crawlers?
and this is what we do as just one of the examples...
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-scale-talk/277675-poll-who-wants-own-axial-axles-aluminum.html

Does RCU and or their advertisers join the website and actively interact with their customers to help bring in or produce needed product?
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rpp-hobby/68978-rpphobby-com-post-public-questions-suggestions-feedback-here.html

Is anyone from RCU or their affiliates active members behind developing and maintaining competition rules for crawler comps?
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/#competitions-events

How many Vendors on RCU are actual developers or crawler specific vendors that are actively involved with the crawlers?
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Does RCU offer giveaways like these?
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-scale-talk/288347-%2A%2A%2Aofficial-1-9-rcc-holiday-giveaway%2A%2A%2A.html
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/288277-giveaway-merry-christmas-your-rcc-vendors-ends-1-24-11-a.html
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...light=giveaway

Does RCU and their advertisers run auctions or raise money for good causes?
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...ght=stevestock
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-miscellaneous/241708-autism-awareness-decals-keychains.html

Does RCU and their advertisers offer you a 98% safe place to purchase used, new, or unrelated items for sale and offer you a place to comment on the transaction with a feedback so others can feel safe about purchasing an item(s) from someone else. and actively have Moderators and the owners involved in resolving issues if a deal goes bad and dealing with it swiftly?

Does RCU have over 45,000 members strong with half of the members being that of guys who are highly experienced in Crawling as well as compete?

Like I said, you do not need to purchase a star and in all honesty you don't have to have one to be here or even enter the for sale section as long as you remain a member for the term of the rules to gain access.

But you have to realize that this website is the largest specific R/C website for a reason. We have EVERYTHING that the Crawler can need, ask for or find in one place and no one can compete with that. |If you ask me, thats a small price to pay for all that is offered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUD. (Post 2828532)

My rant over "thumbsup"

MUD. 12-31-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

team3six

Quote:

OK, not to pick on you and honestly I have no idea how old you are or your experience.

Not picking on me mate dont worry....im 40 :oops:....i also like to get a feel for the forums and how helpfull they are to me....as im in the uk the events RCC do unfortunatly dont benefit me but i enjoy reading about them.

Quote:

How many of them MOD's at RCU are just kids on a power trip?
Far to bloody many :twisted:....thats why im nolonger on there.
Im more than happy to help pay for the upkeep of a site if i feel its worth it to me....from a lot of what ive seen so far i wont be unless attitudes change (i feel that this star thing is pushed a little too much but thats my opinion) some and i mean some not all seam to have a bad attitude that because they have a star they are above you :roll:.
Sorry to have to put this on here but thats just my opinion....i have traded with members on here and will continue to use the forum as some threads have a wealth of info that is and has helped me.
The vendors on here are buy far the best support ive seen for any RC related forum and i thank them for there help and support.

I look forward to hopefully becoming a star owner at some point "thumbsup"

rockn 12-31-2010 12:47 AM

Ive been on RCC for about a year and 3 months and love the web sight I'm at least a couple hrs a night and also won twice this year in prize give aways,:mrgreen: Buy a star Is well worth it. And there a lot of good help and deals here. Keep On Rockn RCC."thumbsup"

AdverseCity 12-31-2010 03:07 AM

My 2¢ (although I might get reamed for this I just can't help it)

I doubt anyone who has asked any form of question on these forums has not saved $20 by doing so. There's a guy at our local hobby shop who has sold tons of 85T motors to new crawlers because he said "Crawlers need torque, not speed. This is your motor" He's a racer and didn't realize most crawlers have a transmission for gear reduction. That's $20-30 wasted right there that could have been saved with a little trip to RCC. The same guy has sold lots of people a speed control with a 2 second reverse delay, again not realizing that it's useless for a crawler because he doesn't know the difference. There is such a wealth of information here on RCC that I find it hard to believe that anyone can spend a month here without saving $20 just on the tips and tricks they can read here without even making a post. This isn't even counting the money you can save in the classifieds, which to any avid parts buyer is $100+ a year. Add this to the fact that any build you attempt will be finished better and quicker with the help of the members here. And all this you can get for free, or the low price of 30 days and 30 useful posts.

Now if this was me and I had gotten this far without a star, I personally would feel bad that I hadn't contributed anything to a site that has helped me this much. If the Salvation Army helped you to rebuild your house after a disaster, would you not donate back to them when you were in a position to do so? I'm just amazed at the number of people who say "I'll buy a star when it's useful for me to do so" without realizing how much RCC has benefited them so far. If it wasn't for the good people who do support this site it would have disappeared a long time ago, or at the very least it would never have gotten to where it is today. I've had a question many times and posted it up. Within an hour I've had 3-4 replies from people who know, got my answer and been back to work before I could've drove to my local hobby shop for mediocre advice at best.

Also, call me biased but if I log in and I see 2 people have a question and I only have time to help out one of those people, sorry but I'm picking the guy with a star. If 2 people have an item for sale for the same price, I'm buying from the one with a star. It just shows they have made a conscientious effort to contribute something to the site. Seriously, $20 a year is pocket change even if you're 15 and work at McDonalds, it's 6¢ a day and who seriously can't afford that?

Sorry to go off on a rant and probably piss some people off but that's just my opinion, as wrong or biased as you may think it is.

rock hard 12-31-2010 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUD. (Post 2830622)
Not picking on me mate dont worry....im 40 :oops:....i also like to get a feel for the forums and how helpfull they are to me....as im in the uk the events RCC do unfortunatly dont benefit me but i enjoy reading about them.

Far to bloody many :twisted:....thats why im nolonger on there.
Im more than happy to help pay for the upkeep of a site if i feel its worth it to me....from a lot of what ive seen so far i wont be unless attitudes change (i feel that this star thing is pushed a little too much but thats my opinion) some and i mean some not all seam to have a bad attitude that because they have a star they are above you :roll:.
Sorry to have to put this on here but thats just my opinion....i have traded with members on here and will continue to use the forum as some threads have a wealth of info that is and has helped me.
The vendors on here are buy far the best support ive seen for any RC related forum and i thank them for there help and support.

I look forward to hopefully becoming a star owner at some point "thumbsup"

I can understand a person who truelly is new,and doesnt know for sure
if they want to get into the hobby,or frequent rcc.

But if your a regulare,you should pay up IMO
Its like my nephew who collects welfair and foodstamps.
Can he work and pay his way-yes
but he simply wont,that means to me that he and others like him
are simply unwilling to contribute.

This aint the welfair office,this is RCC,You dont want to be one of the guys who take all the good info/ect from the site and refuse to contribute.
And just cuz it frustrates me that some dont contribute,it doesnt mean I think I'm better than them,it means I think they are being an ars for not helping out.

MUD. 12-31-2010 04:32 AM

Quote:

My 2¢ (although I might get reamed for this I just can't help it)

Not from me you wont :mrgreen:

Highlucks 12-31-2010 04:38 AM

Could be worth having a read here.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...&highlight=rcc

I am an Aussie and bought my star after about 4 Months on this forum. There is no way that I could not have built the crawlers I have, with out the support of members and Vendors on here. Fair enough I can not easily compete with these guys but the star has paid for its self time and time again.

If I had found this place a lot sooner I could have saved the $1000 plus that I dropped into a Tamiya CR-01.:oops:

There is always this too.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...14#post2830614

XcrawlerkidX 01-11-2011 08:47 AM

Im only 16. So I don't have money. And when I do get money I have to put it in a savings account to save up for drivers ed. But when I get a job and have some more money I planed on getting a star(that is if any one hires me:lmao:) RCC has helped me a lot. I was gunna buy a Red Cat bully or something like that, but everyone told me how much of a P.O.S. it is. Ive had SO much help on here. So thank you every body for your time. Thank You Thank You.

Lowdown89 01-11-2011 09:09 AM

I purchased a star before I even owned a crawler, simply for the fact that I knew this was something I was very interested in. I know from my years of browsing forums that it takes a lot of work to run them and even though vendors may pay to help keep it up, it's a good idea to help if you can because we the members are what keeps sites like these alive.... Not to mention that purchasing a star right away allowed me to see the classifieds and help me keep my initial cost of getting into crawling lower. Also by purchasing a star I got the chance to enter the 2 awesome giveaways that are going on now!

Frankenwheely 03-10-2011 01:31 AM

Too many Fosters. Where's Duuuuude and Eee Pee when you need them.:lmao:

Highlucks 03-10-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenwheely (Post 2977287)
Too many Fosters. Where's Duuuuude and Eee Pee when you need them.:lmao:

Dude we don't drink that shit.:flipoff:

Never mind what the U.S. adverts tell you, we think it tastes like horse piss.

Badmuthatrucker 03-10-2011 10:24 PM

Yeah, but have you ever tried what they call beer? :ror:... :lmao:

Anyway... Yep. Internets cost money.