Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: For sale section

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebles24 View Post
This makes little or no sense to me a person can come onto this forum pay 20 bucks for a star and get instant access, they may be full of worthless drivel or rip off the first person they deal with for ten times the price of that star. Some people have been members for a long time and only have a few post because they have nothing helpful to say or don't want to get flamed.
Just remember the door swings both ways.

People are much less likely to spend money to possibly scam someone when they can do it for nothing. It's not a guarantee but it does represent some kind of commitment to the site. It also keeps out tools who just want to spam up the site with their crap for sale.

This is first and foremost a crawler/scaler site and they allow us kindly to sell our stuff to each other on here.

If it's such a big issue then go over to rc-tech and have fun with their FS section.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #22
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
This makes little or no sense to me a person can come onto this forum pay 20 bucks for a star and get instant access, they may be full of worthless drivel or rip off the first person they deal with for ten times the price of that star. Some people have been members for a long time and only have a few post because they have nothing helpful to say or don't want to get flamed.
It's been working pretty good for quite a while, we ain't gonna change it for you.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
no crawler but...
This is why I have stayed quiet. I have nothing useful to say as far as crawlers go. I had a 1/6th nylint actually I still have it out in the garage and I got a lot of useful upgrades here for it, but it has been broke for a couple years. I have a six year old son that races rc with me, I am tired of him bashing with his SC10 or FT TC4. I want to get him a crawler that will hold up I have pretty much decided on a Venom Creeper and was sent here by a guy on Hobby Talk, I forgot I even had a account here, he said I would be able to find something in the for sale section.

So yes in five years I have not made 30 post, but I have got some very useful info for upgrading the nylint and looked at a bunch of stuff.
peebles24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Just remember the door swings both ways.

People are much less likely to spend money to possibly scam someone when they can do it for nothing. It's not a guarantee but it does represent some kind of commitment to the site. It also keeps out tools who just want to spam up the site with their crap for sale.

This is first and foremost a crawler/scaler site and they allow us kindly to sell our stuff to each other on here.

If it's such a big issue then go over to rc-tech and have fun with their FS section.
Good point I see the commitment thing. RC Tech not a big fan of it I use Hobby Talk but if you are looking for a crawler you go to the place dedicated to it right?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #25
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
This is why I have stayed quiet. I have nothing useful to say as far as crawlers go. I had a 1/6th nylint actually I still have it out in the garage and I got a lot of useful upgrades here for it, but it has been broke for a couple years. I have a six year old son that races rc with me, I am tired of him bashing with his SC10 or FT TC4. I want to get him a crawler that will hold up I have pretty much decided on a Venom Creeper and was sent here by a guy on Hobby Talk, I forgot I even had a account here, he said I would be able to find something in the for sale section.

So yes in five years I have not made 30 post, but I have got some very useful info for upgrading the nylint and looked at a bunch of stuff.
Quote:
Good point I see the commitment thing. RC Tech not a big fan of it I use Hobby Talk but if you are looking for a crawler you go to the place dedicated to it right?
If you are in a hurry to find something then pay the $20 and find a good deal. You don't have to renew next year if you don't want to.

If you are not in a hurry then read up on the known problems and fixes for the Venom in that section. Post some intelligent questions and comments, and soon you will be shopping in the for sale section.

Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #26

I have been reading very much and I just asked a question about it in the general trying to get as many ideas as possible so I can get the best rig. The 20 buck is the problem I just don't have an extra 20 at the moment. Not that I would not mind supporting something that will help me. I would like to find something for trade so then money wouldn't be a problem.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

ebay is free...and people get scammed there all the time. we like it the way it is...ohh and get a crawler, like most of us...we don't just go slow, some of us go really fast to..

how many magazines do you get each year. 20 bucks seems pretty cheap for a information tool that changes by the minute....don't have to wait 4 weeks to get.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
The 20 buck is the problem I just don't have an extra 20 at the moment.
Go mow your neighbors yard and send'em a bill.

LMAO!!!

J/K!!!!

With a lil patience and diligence you'll more than make up for the initial $20 investment.
I've spent way too much money in the fs section but I've saved a boat load of cash for stuff that had little to no use. Money for me is super tight this month but I'll scrap up $20 some place(might go mug the bums that hang out at the entrance to Wallyworld) seeing as my star expires this month.
DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:01 AM   #29
RCC Addict

The twenty you spend here will be saved when you get a good deal from a reputable seller here. The best crawlers are sold here, not ebay or anywhere else.

The crawling community is tight and the rules aren't going to change on RCC. People here look out for each other and scammers don't last more than 1/2 a second. I still sit amazed and the deals I have gotten on here for trucks and parts.

I have to ask though, if 20 is a stretch for membership should a rc crawler really be a priority at this point?
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I have been reading very much and I just asked a question about it in the general trying to get as many ideas as possible so I can get the best rig. The 20 buck is the problem I just don't have an extra 20 at the moment. Not that I would not mind supporting something that will help me. I would like to find something for trade so then money wouldn't be a problem.

i'll sell you my star for 18.00 , but you have to send payment as a gift.
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #31

How about making the for sale section open to all members for viewing, just do not allow them to post sales or make requests to buy. I know what you all are going to say, the new member will just PM the seller and bypass the block on buying and selling. Not if you make it so that the new members can ONLY see the add, and not the the name of the seller.

How about making completed listing available for viewing only. That would be a good compromise in my opinion. I'm all for buying a star, but I don't just give my money blindly to anything or anyone. My hobby budget comes only from my MILITARY DISABILITY check, and that isn't much. I don't even know if I will buy anything from the for sale section, so why pay just to look? Once I see ALL that the site has to offer, then I will decide about the star, not before. I would just like to be able to see the so called deals in the sale section to help me make an educated decision on my future purchase, whether it is a used SCX10 or a new Wraith. You can tell me all day long that there are amazing deals to be had, but until I see it myself, I don't know it to be true.

I've been in the RC hobby for 22 years, so I'm not some noob looking for handouts. I'm just a guy wanting to make up his mind, and one of the tools that could be a big help is such a chore to get to use.

I have seen it stated by others many time, but I'll say it too. I don't know enough to be of any help on here as far as crawling goes, so I don't generally post helpful tech stuff. I read and read and search and read some more, so I don't have to ask a lot of questions. If I ask questions without searching, people would probably flame me for not searching. In my desperation to just simply look at the classifieds, I have been forced to post meaningless questions that I already have the answers to, just to increase my post count. It's hard just to think of a relevant question to post that pertains to the thread sometimes. For me, the questions I need answers to are questions I don't know to ask yet, so how can I?

It's pretty messed up when the only meaningful posts I can make are about how I can't make meaningful posts. Come on 30. You're killing me.
Navtrtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:53 AM   #32

Quote:
The twenty you spend here will be saved when you get a good deal from a reputable seller here. The best crawlers are sold here, not ebay or anywhere else.

The crawling community is tight and the rules aren't going to change on RCC. People here look out for each other and scammers don't last more than 1/2 a second. I still sit amazed and the deals I have gotten on here for trucks and parts.

I have to ask though, if 20 is a stretch for membership should a rc crawler really be a priority at this point?
No it shouldn't be, seeing as how I am going through a divorce right now and having to give my ex 1,000 a month till it is final and this has been going on since February. But my sons birthday is the 28th of this month and I always try to do something really nice for him.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:32 AM   #33
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navtrtl View Post
How about...
How about the only ones who can see the for sale section are those that don't complain that they can't.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
No it shouldn't be, seeing as how I am going through a divorce right now and having to give my ex 1,000 a month till it is final and this has been going on since February. But my sons birthday is the 28th of this month and I always try to do something really nice for him.
As an old blues singer once said...."it's cheaper to keep her"

Soo......what exactly are you wanting to buy for your son?
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:

It's pretty messed up when the only meaningful posts I can make are about how I can't make meaningful posts. Come on 30. You're killing me.

Only 10 more to go.
DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #36
Sometimes, I make things.

I like buying things.......

$20 for a membership, jeezzz, I paid $100.......

Just a tip, when you can acess the For Sale Section, learn what times they release new posts, it changes every now and then, and if your not on the ball, all the really good deals are snatched up. I stalk the For Ssale section when I have play money and have got some sweet deals.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Very True....

Have gotten some really good deals on here and tried to do the same. I like the rules..course if there is rules, theres a complainer...or someone wanting to break them.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
How about the only ones who can see the for sale section are those that don't complain that they can't.
That is very poor politics my friend. If nobody ever complained, there would never be change. Revolutions would never happen, inovations would never come about, and nobody would have ever went to war for your freedom. Keep thinking like that, but try doing it in a communist country where it is normal. As for me, I don't seek special treatment, but I do like to find ways to make things work for everybody as a whole. If you.see something wrong with my ideas, tell me. We can have an intelligent discussion about it. But don't come slinging BS. I am only expressing a desire for some change. Change that will still provide the site the same level of sales forum quality without compromise.
Navtrtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Keep thinking like that, but try doing it in a communist country where it is normal.
I hate to tell you, but this is not a democratic website....it is owned by a few people, who have the right to make rules as they see fit.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

hell if you ever played kingdom of loathing the only way you could access that forum was after passing a basic spelling and grammar test. no joke either.
foproy is offline   Reply With Quote