Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: political/religious Chitchat sub forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Default political/religious Chitchat sub forum

on a couple forums I'm on they have a separate forum just for political and religious conversations only. Helps keep the heated arguments seperated from the guys who just want to BS.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

politicians can all go to hell

/forum

ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
Suck it up!

I've seen those. Is this thread an alert or a suggestion?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
www.team3sixrc.com

I think he is suggesting.

Me and Aaron talked the other night about it.

Truthfully I enjoy some threads in chit chat, but in the last few months with an occasional here and there have stayed out because of the political and religious agenda.

Apparently as I have been told I don't have the right to speak my opinion because as a Vendor I should not have one as its detrimental to my business., unless it follows the masses.

From our experience, quite a few forums have a chit chat thread and a Political/religious thread if they will tolerate it to keep the B.S. down and keep the masses happy. Not everyone wants to visit Chit chat and see a yet another debate on the church or F'in left wing/right wing haterade.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Truthfully I enjoy some threads in chit chat, but in the last few months with an occasional here and there have stayed out because of the political and religious agenda.

From our experience, quite a few forums have a chit chat thread and a Political/religious thread if they will tolerate it to keep the B.S. down and keep the masses happy. Not everyone wants to visit Chit chat and see a yet another debate on the church or F'in left wing/right wing haterade.
If ya don't want to read it, don't click it.

Though I wish people weren't so scared to join in. The more views the better IMO.

Quote:
Apparently as I have been told I don't have the right to speak my opinion because as a Vendor I should not have one as its detrimental to my business., unless it follows the masses.
Its understandable. Every business needs to keep a certain amount of diplomacy if they wish to keep and expand their sales. As I weigh the option of buying a blue star I keep thinking "dammit, I'm gonna have to keep my mouth shut".

Personally, what happens in chit chat stays in chit chat. I don't carry arguments or disagreements with other members out into the rest of the forum. I had someone pm me a while back saying that they were surprised that I had answered one of their tech questions even though we had just had a heated argument in chit chat.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:

I wouldn't give a fawk if you were right, left or upside down. Your product is your product, it's not like your scale seats say "Obama rules" or "Obama sucks" if people don't buy your stuff just because you see it differently from their view...... They're retarded, plain and simple.
If we got into a heated discussion about religion or politics, I'd still buy your products..
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Its understandable. Every business needs to keep a certain amount of diplomacy if they wish to keep and expand their sales. As I weigh the option of buying a blue star I keep thinking "dammit, I'm gonna have to keep my mouth shut".
I'd still buy from you even if you thought the world needed shrooms or how ever your thought are lol
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:58 PM   #8
Release your anger..

Quote:
More like careful with the presentation. People (dezfan) are naturally sensitive.

Quote:
If ya don't want to read it, don't click it.

Though I wish people weren't so scared to join in. The more views the better IMO.
I don't blame them, it's not easy to stand out from 99% of the forum, let alone be cross-examined by binaryterror or you to a lesser degree.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #9
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
... if people don't buy your stuff just because you see it differently from their view...... They're retarded, plain and simple.
I think you'd be very surprised by the amount of people who do just that. I've seen more than just a few posts where people say they won't buy from a certain vendor because of their views or attitudes. Like it or not, if you are a vendor...or any business really, you sometimes have to keep your opinions to yourself. I just let JeremyH, Duuuuuuuude or Dez say what I'm feeling depending on my mood that day

Back to the topic though, my question is who will be the moderator for this new section? Eeepee has said once before the amount of hours he puts into this site, and to say the least it's kind of staggering. Putting a section like this out there would be a full time job.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #10
I'm a stupid C U N T!

I have no life
Old 09-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #11
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Like it or not, if you are a vendor...or any business really, you sometimes have to keep your opinions to yourself. I just let JeremyH, Duuuuuuuude or Dez say what I'm feeling depending on my mood that day
It sucks being a silent cheerleader, huh?

I can only imagine how many vendors or site owners/moderators sitting on their hands and gritting their teeth because they can't put their .02 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
I have no life
I kinda have a life. Not much of one though...I'd be down to moderate such a section.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #12
www.team3sixrc.com

I dont care, everyone has an opinion. Most of the time Im against the grain anyways. call me the devilangel with only a left wing
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I kinda have a life. Not much of one though...I'd be down to moderate such a section.
Yeah but you will ban all the consevitives you closet lib
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #14
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
Yeah but you will ban all the consevitives you closet lib

Old 09-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #15
I'm a stupid C U N T!

need right and left wing mods to keep it fair and balanced
Old 09-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Opinions are like a-holes....everyone's got one...and we can all speak with that hole....that's what we all love about this country...the freedom to speak and believe what we want...
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #17
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
need right and left wing mods to keep it fair and balanced
then it'll end up with lobbyist and special interest groups swaying the mods with gold star donations and high speed web access... and of course since it's a politics and religion sub forum, it'll need elected representatives from every religion... it'll be endless red tape to get a post up!

Make it a dictatorship
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:59 PM   #18
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
Make it a dictatorship
A monarchy would be more fun.

Q; "Why did you delete my post?"

A: "King of Chit Chat. Move along."

Q: "How come I got banned?"

A: "King of Chit Chat. All hail the King."

Old 09-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #19
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
A monarchy would be more fun.
I just finished watching Dark Ages on History (netflix). Monarchies are fun!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #20
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
I just finished watching Dark Ages on History (netflix). Monarchies are fun!
Aye, and you can get the religion and politics all in one neat package. Dictators are stiff and angry and unreasonable men. You never hear anyone say (in a Scottish accent) "ah, but he was a good dictator.". They're usually just megalomaniacal jerks who just piss everyone off until they get overthrown.