RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Comments, Suggestions, and Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/)
-   -   USD virus (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/355023-usd-virus.html)

Quartermaster 12-20-2011 06:52 PM

USD virus

I got five USD virus off of this site today.

dezfan 12-20-2011 07:14 PM

Re: USD virus

So post it in Chit Chat.

KBrog 12-20-2011 07:56 PM

Mine blocked a attack just by opening this thread to see what it said. As a paying member who only post pics to RCC from my desktop, its getting really annoying.

team3six 12-20-2011 08:05 PM

wow, with all these virus's going around. maybe you all should buy a virus protection program instead of downloading free protection.

Its like buying a sheepskin condom thinking your protected from sally rottencrotch :lmao:

KBrog 12-20-2011 08:24 PM

Mine is purchased, and working well so far. But with as may attack notices as I get at random from cruising RCC lately. Im concerned that one will inevitably make it through by the shear number of attacks.

By the way. Whats a USD virus? Im not up on all the lastest terms.

BLKXJ 96 12-20-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by team3six (Post 3458976)

Its like thinking your protected from sally rottencrotch :lmao:

You leave her out of this!!! :lmao:

ghtpdm5 12-20-2011 10:02 PM

guess i haven't been seeing what pages are being a real culprit on these, usually with viruses, i get an unknown file type attempting to open message (linux dork) and report it to the site webmaster. nothing so far on rcc has popped up. i do get the occasional bad request from the browser, but that's the only issue rcc wise. may just have to go fishing around and see if i can get one to bounce off. not like its going to can my computer, my browser history is on a separate partition i can wipe at the drop of a hat. same goes with malware for harmlessly bouncing off for me...i'll keep my eyes open "thumbsup"

House 12-20-2011 11:14 PM

Well I have multiple security agents on my laptop
and some bs Win 7 Security 2012 message just
popped up on it while i was on here so I think it is fukked. :(

JasonW 12-21-2011 01:29 AM

Been on here with for a few months with no problem. Must be from the website you guys have been on beforehand. Some of the viruses mentioned come from other known malicious websites known to be the only ones who spread the viruses mentioned.

binaryterror 12-21-2011 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by House (Post 3459406)
Well I have multiple security agents on my laptop
and some bs Win 7 Security 2012 message just
popped up on it while i was on here so I think it is fukked. :(

Instructions for removal:
Remove Win 7 Antispyware 2012 and Vista Antivirus 2012 name changing rogue (Uninstall Guide)

Badger and Jason are working on this/these issues, so they need to help them find the cause. If you can post up the page or shown ads it would help them. Be sure you guys are posting these issues on this thread:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-...-here-rcc.html

badger 12-21-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezfan (Post 3458872)
So post it in Chit Chat.

This is actually the correct forum to post this in, not chit chat.

Charlie-III 12-21-2011 12:26 PM

I was hit a couple of weeks ago, as well as last week. Both times I did a run through with Kaspersky. The trojan would sit in an Outlook PST backup file.

Last week and this week (just about 10 minutes ago as well) I keep seeing a IE "blocked site cross scripting" warning at the top of the forum window.

I'm usually only in the general tech forums, MRC, Bully & Creeper sections.

I will try and see if I can pin down specific threads.

I also have a couple of boot disc's to use to clean up issues.:roll::roll:

I run IE-8, always update everything, always have Kaspersky running. I'm on Windows XP-pro.

House 12-21-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binaryterror (Post 3459657)

Thanks for the link. The popups stopped, which is great,
but there must be a problem with my .exe files.
I can't open any progams by double-clicking them,
I have to right click start them... Weird.

binaryterror 12-22-2011 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by House (Post 3461448)
Thanks for the link. The popups stopped, which is great,
but there must be a problem with my .exe files.
I can't open any progams by double-clicking them,
I have to right click start them... Weird.

Read the section about FixNCR, that should take care of that issue for you.

Charlie-III 12-23-2011 08:37 AM

I have 2 different boot-disc's I will try this weekend.

I still see the "IE-8 blocked site cross scripting" message at the top of my browser window. I've seen several this morning.
It is still not happy with something.:roll:

I used to keep my online AOL account open & logged in through IE, since this frikking virus/trojan/whatever is there, it spams out emails with attachments. I now log in, check AOL, log back out. Also, I know all the bashing about AOL, but I have lots of people that know that address, so save the comments.

ghtpdm5 12-23-2011 09:15 AM

again, little different than you guys as far as os's go, but i run all my chat services through an external program. takes up less resources than running through browser, and i do believe that pidgin has been ported out to windows, maybe a couple more. i get a few spam messages, but i just put them in an ignore list. just a thought there.

so far i haven't been able to get one to bounce off, i don't surf the threads that you guys do, and even with my firewall down and file permissions set to make it easy for things to get through, still nothing. just an update there.

Joe&Jeep 12-26-2011 07:41 PM

I still get an attack blocked for virus, any word on where they are coming from or to eliminate them for this forum site, I just did a complete recovery and don't want to do it again.

Stavin Trucks 12-27-2011 07:43 AM

I got attacked a couple a weeks ago in the for sale section. I got hit with the win 7 virus. That's a nasty bugger. I tried The removal link and nothing worked my desktop got it bad. My computer is now with my buddy (it guy) wipeing it clean. I fell so bad for that virus I actually bought the damn thing. I got my money back from the Russian company that sold me the virus. Phew! I hope my I.T. Guy can fix it. I'll let ya know. Always google a company you don't know. I was blinded by this one. Not caught up on all the viruses out there.

team3six 12-30-2011 01:07 AM

Well, I guess im not protected like I thought.
My Trend micro stopped it. But I got hit around 12:30 p.m.
running a full scan and backing up.
Good thing I finally downloaded everything in my computer to an external 2hard weeks ago.

John, any idea what the hell this is?

Trubble 12-30-2011 07:40 PM

Oh, this site is where I'm getting this from? Awesome!

Already paid twice to have this fixed, and am on my second anti-virus. I get one bonus a year, looks like the 'going LiPo' budget is going to get blown on fixing this thing yet again. Gonna hafta milk the NiMhs for one more year, I guess.