Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: for sale rules

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default for sale rules

Just had an for sale ad not get posted...

Do I get informed what I did wrong?

I had some new items for sale and linked to an older thread I had for sale as well. I didn't see where that is against the rules.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: for sale rules

A mod has to approve it before it gets posted. sometimes it takes a while. I have had this issue as well that's how I learned about it.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstn8 View Post

I had some new items for sale and linked to an older thread I had for sale as well. I didn't see where that is against the rules.
It was deleted for bumping. Listing an old thread in the ad is effectively doing the same thing.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
It was deleted for bumping. Listing an old thread in the ad is effectively doing the same thing.
Since when?
Old 08-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Since when?
I'd have to agree. I know I have seen this done before... I can't remember if people used actual links, or if they just said "check my other ads for more stuff". Are you saying neither of these things are allowed?

Also I am truely not under the impression that what I was doing was bumping as defined by Urbandictionary.com:

BUMP to bring up somebody's post typically by posting the word "bump" on a message board

Can also stand for

Bring
Up
My

Urban Dictionary: bump

The impression I get from that is it forces people to look at your post by being at the top of the forum... my link was just informing people if they wanted to look, I have more items for sale. They have the option to click or not. I had new items listed for sale, at least $150 worth(I can't remember the exact prices I was asking), and I feel I was making a new thread with good reason.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #6
20K Club

Quote:
Since when?
Since it's before the 2 weeks.

I didn't delete it, I am not a for sale mod. I'm just deciphering the info I have.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Since it's before the 2 weeks.

I didn't delete it, I am not a for sale mod. I'm just deciphering the info I have.
I understand what you are saying, it just seems now that THX mods most of the for sale section there are new rules that are not actual rules. Many of the things that he seems to be cracking down on are not rules at all and were allowed in the past.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #8
20K Club

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, it just seems now that THX mods most of the for sale section there are new rules that are not actual rules. Many of the things that he seems to be cracking down on are not rules at all and were allowed in the past.
It does leave a little to interpretation of the rules by the specific mod. New rules, no, new interpretation, probably. Either way it's a TON of work and it's good to have someone who is up for doing it.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

It would probably be less work if...

1. Rules were not "up for interpretation".
2. Rule breakers were informed what they did wrong.
3. Rule breakers were actually given the punishment they "earned".

I don't believe I broke any rules. I received no reasoning behind my post not being posted. I also seem to not have been "banned for 3 weeks".

The whole result from this is I am frustrated and do not know what to post. I feel like the only website I have ever paid money to is ripping me off with no real explanation. I am not happy.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #10
20K Club

Quote:
It would probably be less work if...

1. Rules were not "up for interpretation".
2. Rule breakers were informed what they did wrong.
3. Rule breakers were actually given the punishment they "earned".

I don't believe I broke any rules. I received no reasoning behind my post not being posted. I also seem to not have been "banned for 3 weeks".

The whole result from this is I am frustrated and do not know what to post. I feel like the only website I have ever paid money to is ripping me off with no real explanation. I am not happy.
Nobody is ripping you off. Next time you post an ad make sure NOTHING referenced was listed sooner then 2 weeks ago. Don't over complicate it.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Simple solution... post a new ad with your info/pics/prices and NO links to an old ad for the same item. As long as its not by been too soon since you posted an ad for the same thing, it will get approved.

Ive had one ad denied because I forgot a price, Instead of getting all uptight, I created a new ad with a price and resubmitted. Took 2 mins I think...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I think this is why.

- No links to a site where you are selling elsewhere like eBay, Craigslist, other forums, etc. are allowed. Post an ad here with all your information, otherwise it will be deleted and no notice will be given.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
Simple solution... post a new ad with your info/pics/prices and NO links to an old ad for the same item. As long as its not by been too soon since you posted an ad for the same thing, it will get approved.

Ive had one ad denied because I forgot a price, Instead of getting all uptight, I created a new ad with a price and resubmitted. Took 2 mins I think...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Maybe I did forget a price? How would I know that?
Old 08-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.VERTICAL View Post
I think this is why.

- No links to a site where you are selling elsewhere like eBay, Craigslist, other forums, etc. are allowed. Post an ad here with all your information, otherwise it will be deleted and no notice will be given.
Those are all outside selling sites. I was selling things on RCCrawler.com only. I did link to photobucket as well... but that is not a selling website.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Nobody is ripping you off. Next time you post an ad make sure NOTHING referenced was listed sooner then 2 weeks ago. Don't over complicate it.
You are oversimplifying. Can I link to my photobucket where I have pictures from my other ad? Is that a "reference"?
Old 08-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #16
20K Club

Quote:
You are oversimplifying. Can I link to my photobucket where I have pictures from my other ad? Is that a "reference"?
I had to go back and look at the ad. Refering to a photobucket account and saying everything in the album is for sale and then not including a price for every piece in that album, and also effectively relisting by doing so there are more things to complicate the ad then needed.

Just do like EVERYONE else does and post a pic, list a price, have your ad posted. It is not a complicated system.

Pic. Price. Done.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Just do like EVERYONE else does and post a pic, list a price, have your ad posted. It is not a complicated system.

Pic. Price. Done.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/sale/...ks-m2-dig.html
no pics

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/sale/...-sale-rtr.html
no pics

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/sale/...-more-rxs.html
no pics... items have sold so maybe he deleted them?

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/sale/...am-roller.html
no pics

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/sale/...al-honcho.html
no pics

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/sale/...inder-esc.html
OMG LINKS TO PHOTOBUCKET!!!!

Again I say you oversimply... these were on these first two pages of ads.

There is no template listed as a guide to the selling forum. I have seen forums that "require"(i.e. it says it in the rules) that pictures must be provided for items over $50.

Please show me a guide to an easy way to post pictures in threads here... I have 24+(pictures of sold items have been deleted) for my first ad. The only way i know to do it is to hit the "insert image" button and copy and paste each link individually. Then I have to worry about spacing on the entire ad. I have to resize to 800x600 so I assume to not use up a ton of your bandwidth.

I will agree that it is not a complicated system, but when you enforce rules that are not listed it gets aggravating.

Implying there is a set way to do an add, when there is not, is aggravating.

Not agreeing of disagreeing with my definition of "bumping" is aggravating.

This thread = not helpful. Maybe I could just wait for THX to respond? Maybe that would be helpful.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Please show me a guide to an easy way to post pictures in threads here... I have 24+(pictures of sold items have been deleted) for my first ad. The only way i know to do it is to hit the "insert image" button and copy and paste each link individually. Then I have to worry about spacing on the entire ad. I have to resize to 800x600 so I assume to not use up a ton of your bandwidth.
From a sticky just a few posts above your thread:
Posting Pics For Dummies

Here are the for sale forum rules:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/sale/...ale-rules.html

I agree, no picture is needed (at least, it doesnt specify in the rules that one is). You'll simply turn away buyers if you dont have one...

However, just by reading what Harley posted, your thread was deleted because it broke the "bump" rule.....

Last edited by JeremyH; 08-08-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
From a sticky just a few posts above your thread:
Posting Pics For Dummies
First semi helpful information in this thread. Although I am a paying subscriber... it doesn't really explain how to attach pics dirctly to your post for paying members. I had never seen that option before when posting. I do see it now. Also will this auto resize the pics I upload? By using Photobucket I would think I would be getting a thanks for avoiding any bandwith being used on Rccrawler.com. Guess thats not appreciated though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Here are the for sale forum rules:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/sale/...ale-rules.html

I agree, no picture is needed (at least, it doesnt specify in the rules that one is). You'll simply turn away buyers if you dont have one...

However, just by reading what Harley posted, your thread was deleted because it broke the "bump" rule.....
My entire argument here is I did not break the bump rule. Maybe you should reread the thread.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
First semi helpful information in this thread. Although I am a paying subscriber... it doesn't really explain how to attach pics dirctly to your post for paying members. I had never seen that option before when posting. I do see it now. Also will this auto resize the pics I upload? By using Photobucket I would think I would be getting a thanks for avoiding any bandwith being used on Rccrawler.com. Guess thats not appreciated though.
I do not resize my photos from photobucket in any post I make....in the tech OR the for sale forum and have never had a problem.
If you want to attach them directly to the post (not using an outside host service), then all you need to do is click the "manage attachments" button when creating a new post. It will walk you through the process. Attaching them directly is where they need to be a specific size (it is a forum requirement).

Quote:
My entire argument here is I did not break the bump rule. Maybe you should reread the thread.
I read what you wrote.

As others have mentioned, do not post up ANY other information about items that are LESS than 15 days old. I imagine that is why the mod considered your post to break that rule...of course, he'll have to give a specific answer himself.
Closed Thread

for sale rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
for sale rules??? shaunleger1 Comments, Suggestions, and Help 3 02-18-2010 08:27 PM
Question about for sale rules wrx-n-ktm Chit Chat 7 09-22-2005 09:42 PM