Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: to moderator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #1

Default to moderator

hi i'm new here n was told by some fran how cool is forum is an i agree.
I have been posting on people thread n comment on thread that i really like.
But many of my post have been deleted. And yes i understand that the moderator do not want people to make post just to hit 30 post in one day to go for the sell thread or miss use is forum.
Just my suggestion can u just leave the post there and delete the post count.so we can post on the thread we like. An if u think is not worth giving a post count don't give.
Thanks for reading just my suggestion feel sad seeing my post all deleted from my Bro thread.
teck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
20K Club

Default Re: to moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by teck View Post
hi i'm new here n was told by some fran how cool is forum is an i agree.
I have been posting on people thread n comment on thread that i really like.
But many of my post have been deleted. And yes i understand that the moderator do not want people to make post just to hit 30 post in one day to go for the sell thread or miss use is forum.
Just my suggestion can u just leave the post there and delete the post count.so we can post on the thread we like. An if u think is not worth giving a post count don't give.
Thanks for reading just my suggestion feel sad seeing my post all deleted from my Bro thread.
That is not an option for most moderators. The posts you were leaving looked fishy to moderators for some reason, I suggest just getting your post count up with quality posts first. If you want to watch a thread for more progress then just subscribe to it if you don't have a good post to make.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Guess have to stop comment on friend tread for a moment.
teck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs down Re: to moderator

Well I was about to ask the just about the same question and found the answer here. I guess my adoration of others threads and rigs are not quality. I have been a member for 5 months and finally has some time to leave comments rather then just lurk. Now I see they are all gone. I guess I will have to leave more long stories rather then the sufficient verbal pat on the back.

If one needs/wants a big post count wouldn't they get at that right away? Not lurk and then go for it? I guess its possible, but likely? Oh well. Hope this does not get deleted too....

Stepping off my soap box now.
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
Fan of wheelspeed

maybe you could start a build thread of your own? Thats a fast way to get your post count up. Not bein sh!tty, just sayin.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
PapaGriz Yo

If you leave one or two "cool truck" comments we will most likely not notice you and not worry about it, but if you do it 15-20 times in a single day we will notice.

The best thing to do is ask some intelligent questions in the build threads, engage with the builder.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debonair View Post
Well I was about to ask the just about the same question and found the answer here. I guess my adoration of others threads and rigs are not quality. I have been a member for 5 months and finally has some time to leave comments rather then just lurk. Now I see they are all gone. I guess I will have to leave more long stories rather then the sufficient verbal pat on the back.

If one needs/wants a big post count wouldn't they get at that right away? Not lurk and then go for it? I guess its possible, but likely? Oh well. Hope this does not get deleted too....

Stepping off my soap box now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierdady View Post
maybe you could start a build thread of your own? Thats a fast way to get your post count up. Not bein sh!tty, just sayin.
You kind of missed my point. I was/am not trying to build post count, otherwise I would have done that months ago. I was leaving attaboys on others posts and they mostly got wiped out. They were too simple and drew suspicion of being made by a bot or something.

I really am just reading and learning right now. A few rigs of my own will be coming soon. No need for my own build thread yet.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
If you leave one or two "cool truck" comments we will most likely not notice you and not worry about it, but if you do it 15-20 times in a single day we will notice.

The best thing to do is ask some intelligent questions in the build threads, engage with the builder.

Understood. A slow day at work led to a uptick of my posts today. If you guys see it again on a Friday do not be alarmed.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I reported it because you had easily 18 to 20 "good jobs" "nice truck" "awesome" posts, if the posts don't matter then why are you bringing it back up? Harley already, the first time you asked, gave you the answer to just subscribe and then you'll be able to follow the threads you like. But by coming back and complaining and saying something, it makes us think that you do want your post to go up......
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #10
MODERATOR™

Post counts matter, just ask Harley. Shows how little of a life outside off the internet you have.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Life outside of rcc?!?!? Never heard of such things what is this life you speak of?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
I reported it because you had easily 18 to 20 "good jobs" "nice truck" "awesome" posts, if the posts don't matter then why are you bringing it back up? Harley already, the first time you asked, gave you the answer to just subscribe and then you'll be able to follow the threads you like. But by coming back and complaining and saying something, it makes us think that you do want your post to go up......
are you THAT bored that you are tracking this guys post's? The mods on this site WAY more effiecient than any other forum i have belonged to, i myself have posted cool truck, great job etc. Because i may not have a question or advice for the OP, but at the same time just felt like acknowledging that he indeed had a "nice truck."
I completely understand reporting a post if it is way out of line or inappropriate, but im pretty damn sure that even when you do hit the 30/30 deal you dont automatically get access to the classified, it goes to a mod, they review etc.
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #13
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted4lyf View Post
The mods on this site WAY more effiecient than any other forum i have belonged to
Thanks.

Truth is, it's due in part because people report posts with that button. Then it jingles my weiner when I'm sleeping, yada yada, we all know the story. But really, it's not just the mods that do work here. We have a lot of help from within the community who I suppose might actually understand what we have going on here. It's a good thing.

As soon as people put in their 30/30, and if they post "cool truck", it doesn't matter. They probably mean it, and they're already in. Those posts don't need to be reported.

I think you're auto in after 30/30. Not sure though.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
are you THAT bored that you are tracking this guys post's? The mods on this site WAY more effiecient than any other forum i have belonged to, i myself have posted cool truck, great job etc. Because i may not have a question or advice for the OP, but at the same time just felt like acknowledging that he indeed had a "nice truck."
I completely understand reporting a post if it is way out of line or inappropriate, but im pretty damn sure that even when you do hit the 30/30 deal you dont automatically get access to the classified, it goes to a mod, they review etc.
Not bored, just helping lol its easy to see multiple posts from one person because I use tapatalk, if I notice something out of place like multiple posts or Siam, I hit up one of the mods. Trust me, you can ask EeePee, I've messaged him a lot lol I don't like using the report button for the sole fact that it alerts ALL the mods and some aren't to happy with that especially since I find a lot lol
Old 09-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #15
Got Worms?

Quote:
are you THAT bored that you are tracking this guys post's?
If you read plenty of rcc, the same user posting many posts in the row is usually quite noticeable...

Also, atleast for me, classifieds was auto after 30/30
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
If you read plenty of rcc, the same user posting many posts in the row is usually quite noticeable...

Also, atleast for me, classifieds was auto after 30/30
hmm, well i figured it was like a for sale ad and had to be approve first, and ya i im on here ALOT i just usually hit the new post button and browse past the stuff that either doesnt interest me, or is full of dumb posts
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #17
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Then it jingles my weiner when I'm sleeping, yada yada, we all know the story.
Have you patented this device yet?
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #18
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Have you patented this device yet?
I'm relying on the Vendor RCC Trust Act.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #19
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Sounds like losikid is ready for measurements and a fitting.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:08 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
I reported it because you had easily 18 to 20 "good jobs" "nice truck" "awesome" posts, if the posts don't matter then why are you bringing it back up?
Perhaps I read 18-20 threads where the OP's did a good job or had an awesome rig. There are at least that many here right. Really if you have enough time to play junior moderator then I have enough time to read a bunch of threads and comment on them.

And I said the post COUNTS do not matter. I would not share my opinion if I felt it did not matter.

One post I made I told the OP I owned a 1:1 vehicle similar to his rc. This post was deleted. Another I asked a OP who had traveled to California, my home state, where in my state he had visited. This post was also deleted. Why??? These were not "good jobs" "nice truck" "awesome" posts. Do explain.

Last edited by Debonair; 09-08-2012 at 01:10 AM.

to moderator - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Moderator help WestTxRc General Crawlers 3 10-05-2011 09:15 PM
Moderator.... orangeplug Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 7 12-04-2010 08:59 PM
Need moderator CUSTOMHILUX Chit Chat 4 12-05-2009 08:51 PM
how does one become a moderator? hotrodzach Comments, Suggestions, and Help 26 10-04-2006 09:41 AM
moderator ?? jeepguy Chit Chat 34 10-26-2005 09:24 PM