Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Just a thought

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Just a thought

How about being able to close each section rather than the broad clusters of sections that we can close now. That way we could have a page with the handful of sections we actually give a rats hind end about rather than the current 77 sections plus subforums to wade though. I know that's kind of an odd request but what can I say I don't care about 75% or so of the stuff on the main forum page.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
MODERHATER™

Default Re: Just a thought

You can, see the little arrows on the right side?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
How about being able to close each section rather than the broad clusters of sections that we can close now. That way we could have a page with the handful of sections we actually give a rats hind end about rather than the current 77 sections plus subforums to wade though. I know that's kind of an odd request but what can I say I don't care about 75% or so of the stuff on the main forum page.
Simply subscribe to the forums you want and use your user control panel. Very simple.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Or try reading some stuff that's not exactly up your alley. Ya might learn a thing or two.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
You can, see the little arrows on the right side?
Those close off larger sections some of which I actually care to browse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Simply subscribe to the forums you want and use your user control panel. Very simple.
Hadn't thought of that, I'll have to give that a try thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
Or try reading some stuff that's not exactly up your alley. Ya might learn a thing or two.
I couldn't possibly care less about losi crawlers, traxxas, hpi, etc etc etc. If I want to read up on it I can always open up the section just like I do with the the local forums now.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #6
Suck it up!

Quote:
I agree. I can't tell you how much time it takes nor the effort involved in scrolling up and down the main forum page. The wheel on my poor mouse has developed a squeak, and even though I have been lubricating it at regular intervals, I fear it is not long for this world and I will have to drive all the way into town to Staples and purchase another.

Not to mention the aches and pains I have developed in the middle finger of my right hand ( not an insult, just a reference to my damaged and strained middle finger) from rolling that squeaky mouse wheel back and forth.

I should also point out how it has effected my wife and son, not only because of the late night squeaking but also because of the extra amount of time that I am away from them, squeaky mouse in hand, trying desperately to shuffle past the unwanted forums.

Please, for my family, my self, and my computer equipment, let us close individual sub forums individually and independently of their respective host forums.

In case you have forgotten, this is the finger that has suffered strain...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post

Not to mention the aches and pains I have developed in the middle finger of my right hand ( not an insult, just a reference to my damaged and strained middle finger) from rolling that squeaky mouse wheel back and forth.

In case you have forgotten, this is the finger that has suffered strain...
Oh boo-hoo. Just get a apple mouse that doesnt have a wheel at all. They are pretty cool mouses, my brother has one and it scrolls by touch.

And these are the fingers im using to flip you off on the internet:

And this is the finger you need to stop sucking on like a baby:
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Why not just hit "New Posts" at the top of the page and skim everything the site has to offer? It's nice to see random things for sale, the way different parts from different manufacturers fit where they're not supposed to, the random chit chat thread about the way people cry about a sally guy or some guy that wants the mods to tailor their site to suit his lack of inventiveness when it comes to taking advantage of what's offered and getting what's needed or wanted from it.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:25 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
Why not just hit "New Posts" at the top of the page and skim everything the site has to offer? It's nice to see random things for sale, the way different parts from different manufacturers fit where they're not supposed to, the random chit chat thread about the way people cry about a sally guy or some guy that wants the mods to tailor their site to suit his lack of inventiveness when it comes to taking advantage of what's offered and getting what's needed or wanted from it.

When I get bored I'll browse random forums just to check out whats going on but day to day I don't see what the big deal with being able to tailor what a user see's to his or her own liking is. If we aren't supposed to have a choice in what sections we see why do we have the option on the big sections but not on the individual forums? If all a user wants to see is FOFF, general crawlers, chit chat, vendors area and classifieds they'd have to leave nearly the whole board open to do so.

Would I limit myself to only a couple sections? No, I'd have a bunch of it left open but what was there would be exactly what I choose. That isn't wanting the mods to limit anyone at all it is just allowing a user to tailor the board to suit each users needs exactly. I don't limit my own inventiveness at all, rather I get a kick out of watching grown assed men figuring out how to shave 5 oz's off of a toy truck like it means something.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I think we should have this feature for star holding members only!

Quote:
I get a kick out of watching grown assed men figuring out how to shave 5 oz's off of a toy truck like it means something.
5oz on a 4lb 5oz truck is quite a bit! Actually quite a large difference
jeeper_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper_05 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Not that my green star is much.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

5oz on a 4lb 5oz truck is quite a bit! Actually quite a large difference

I'd buy a star in a hot second if that was a benefit of having one.

I don't see a point in shaving a tiny bit of weight. Build it strong and have fun is my way of thinking. I'm actually surprised I haven't seen someone shaving the 1 and 2 threads off the end of screws and trying to convince themselves it changed the rig.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:

I don't see a point in shaving a tiny bit of weight. Build it strong and have fun is my way of thinking. I'm actually surprised I haven't seen someone shaving the 1 and 2 threads off the end of screws and trying to convince themselves it changed the rig.
I don't think you have to see the point... It is proven it works
jeeper_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Hard to take you seriously...
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I don't think you have to see the point... It is proven it works
I haven't seen anyone shaving a couple threads off of screws and saying it's a game changer, although I haven't read every thread so I may have missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
Hard to take you seriously...
Me laughing at those that get so far into shaving tiny amounts of weight has nothing to do with being able to edit out whatever forums a user wishes which is what this thread was started for.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Well this thread took off to the weird fork in the road...

If you haven't gotten the hint about any type of motorsports and weight vs. power vs. center of gravity, time to start over. There's a reason top levels of competition want an extra tenth of a second, where tire pressure matters in increments of psi and exhaust driven downforce is a big deal.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
Well this thread took off to the weird fork in the road...

If you haven't gotten the hint about any type of motorsports and weight vs. power vs. center of gravity, time to start over. There's a reason top levels of competition want an extra tenth of a second, where tire pressure matters in increments of psi and exhaust driven downforce is a big deal.

No I absolutely understand that shaving weight, center of gravity etc etc in motorsports makes a difference but shaving tiny amounts of weight on a r/c makes more of a difference in the mind of the builder than anything in my opinion. Face it r/c crawling isn't exactly NHRA top fuel.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Me laughing at those that get so far into shaving tiny amounts of weight has nothing to do with being able to edit out whatever forums a user wishes which is what this thread was started for.[/QUOTE]

Well that statement doesn't add anything to your credibility either...
Ugh, I forgot, you don't care about that anyway
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post

Well that statement doesn't add anything to your credibility either...
Ugh, I forgot, you don't care about that anyway

So due to my opinion my credibility is in question? I'm a liar and thief now because I laugh at what some people do? Sweet!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Thanks yall for noticing my big burn on Duuuuuuuude. That took alot of thought you know.
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote

Just a thought - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I thought you all should know buggynutt Kyosho Crawlers 6 03-03-2012 09:11 AM
Just a thought CUSTOMHILUX Chit Chat 4 08-24-2011 10:47 PM
just for a thought smokediver EnRoute Berg 12 04-08-2010 11:21 PM
anyone thought of doing one of these Aaronn Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 7 12-27-2008 09:37 PM