Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Negative feedback foor STRING ALONG buyers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2006, 01:37 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Negative feedback foor STRING ALONG buyers

just a thought as it is fresh in my head.....how about negative feedback or suspending classified priviledges(sp) for string along buyers.

Example:
Dave has SW2 chassis for $50 shipped and Don says he will paypal the cash on friday and no cash on friday then it turns into a week+ PM marathon back and forth,all the while you keep telling potential buyers that you have a "deal pending" and never comes through......THEN you contact the potentials and they have already moved on.

Just my.02
twisted84toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2006, 02:27 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

i agree
roadblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:35 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Do not hold anything for anyone. Unless it a matter of them getting home to paypal, but not for days. First to pay owns it. This will cut all that nonsense out.
Scooteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:39 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Don't get sucked in. If they can't pay, sell your item to the person that can, tell them they are out of luck... If it is a smaller item like tires or parts I suppose waiting is ok but if it is a RTR crawler than take the 1st person with cash in hand...

I'm not trying to be an azz but you agreed to wait. I like to 1st come 1st serve approach...
mr.maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:45 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

We already have a feedback section and it works fairly well. Money talks, the first person to get you the money should get the goods, period! AND As always do your research especially with trades. Trade with people that have a good reputation and high post count, be leary of folks that have no or minimal post count and no reputation. Another tip is to reference your ebay feedback section or the person you are dealing with Ebay score.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:11 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Hey I dont always have all the money so i pay half up front, tell em to hold it and the rest when i can afford it. If they decide they can get the money from someone else faster well then they just refund me mine.
That's my .02
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:39 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2
We already have a feedback section and it works fairly well. Money talks, the first person to get you the money should get the goods, period! AND As always do your research especially with trades. Trade with people that have a good reputation and high post count, be leary of folks that have no or minimal post count and no reputation. Another tip is to reference your ebay feedback section or the person you are dealing with Ebay score.
Exactly.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:24 AM   #8
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2
Exactly + 2

If you are in a big hurry to sell it as you stated in your thread, then you should have not waited to start with. I understand that unexpected crap happens though as to where someone was going to buy it on fri. but something came up and couldn't.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:52 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=

If you are in a big hurry to sell it as you stated in your thread, then you should have not waited to start with. I understand that unexpected crap happens though as to where someone was going to buy it on fri. but something came up and couldn't.[/QUOTE]

I too understand that things happen and sometimes you cant follow through ..............my beef is that you could be honest and forthcomming and send a PM and say "hey I just cant swing it right now my car just blew up and the cash needs to go to that"

I guess it all boils down to being honest about your intentions
Old 09-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #10
Colt Python/SR9c

ohh, well I misunderstood then. If they are not at least sending you a PM back and letting you know, then fawk'em
Old 09-26-2006, 03:54 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

How about someone that posts in the wanted section. you offer him a killer deal to help him out, he agrees to the deal, sends multiple posts over a couple of days time about how great the deal is and that he will send the moneyorder first chance he can.

Then when you don't hear from him for a few days and ask him, he responds with "Well the project's going to be on the backburner for a while because i need to get a TLT built first " while he makes near hourly posts in the wanted section?

This is why I usually only go paypal... I tried to make an exception for someone to help them and now I have stuff boxed up for no good reason.

Anyone care to make a guess? Not the first time this someone has been complained about for this EXACT thing.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:07 PM   #12
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy
Anyone care to make a guess? Not the first time this someone has been complained about for this EXACT thing.
No idea. I do know how to prevent that same tool from doing it again though.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:08 PM   #13
Colt Python/SR9c

does it start with a S?
Old 09-26-2006, 04:38 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Nope... trickedoutnylint06.

Wasn't going to say it outloud, but becuase he thinks I'm being an *** for posting that... and doesn't realize that he he is the ***... I'll just say it.

Same crap different day.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:54 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Yes but Unholy, do you notice those posts are about wanting stuff for a tlt build? No matter what i do you guys are on my a$$ about something. I just want to do a simple crawler build so you guys will just lay off for a while and stop pickin at me for owning nylints, i've sold my nylints and now i'm trying to move on, but get picked on still? What do you guys want me to do? Seriously, i'm not being smart, but what do you want me to do to earn "respect"? I'm not joking, I really want to know..
trickedoutTLT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:57 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickedoutnylint06
What do you guys want me to do? Seriously, i'm not being smart, but what do you want me to do to earn "respect"? I'm not joking, I really want to know..
A good start would be to read post #11 and don't be that guy.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:09 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickedoutnylint06
Yes but Unholy, do you notice those posts are about wanting stuff for a tlt build? No matter what i do you guys are on my a$$ about something. I just want to do a simple crawler build so you guys will just lay off for a while and stop pickin at me for owning nylints, i've sold my nylints and now i'm trying to move on, but get picked on still? What do you guys want me to do? Seriously, i'm not being smart, but what do you want me to do to earn "respect"? I'm not joking, I really want to know..
Want respect? A good first step would be to not break your word.
A second step would be to tell someone if something honestly came up.

Flat out, don't agree to something then back out without good reason.
Don't ask for something you are not equiped to buy right now.

and last but not least... Do not think you will get respect even if you won the lottery and built the single best crawler this site has ever seen.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:43 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

as far as a first come first served basis I cannot see how you can tell 4 different people in the same day that whoever pays first has it..then you have 4 guys hitting your paypal account then you have to go back and be the A$$ and say ......steve beat you other three out sorry.

It may seem crazy but I would like to build a strong buyer/seller/trader reputation so its easier for me and others dealing with me to know they are not getting screwed by me or me by them!!.........YOUR WORD IS WHAT IT IS..either rock solid or pissin in the wind..........with names like BADGER,BENDER,JIA,JASON and MANY others people are going to deal with them and not think twice about it b/c THEY have built the repor needed to be held in that reguard!!

I did't want to start pissing matches with ANY particular people just to see if there was more than just me that was sick of the crap and see if there was anything that could be done about it!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:55 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted84toyota
as far as a first come first served basis I cannot see how you can tell 4 different people in the same day that whoever pays first has it..then you have 4 guys hitting your paypal account then you have to go back and be the A$$ and say ......steve beat you other three out sorry.

It may seem crazy but I would like to build a strong buyer/seller/trader reputation so its easier for me and others dealing with me to know they are not getting screwed by me or me by them!!.........YOUR WORD IS WHAT IT IS..either rock solid or pissin in the wind..........with names like BADGER,BENDER,JIA,JASON and MANY others people are going to deal with them and not think twice about it b/c THEY have built the repor needed to be held in that reguard!!

I did't want to start pissing matches with ANY particular people just to see if there was more than just me that was sick of the crap and see if there was anything that could be done about it!
I'll have that money to you by friday
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote