RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Comments, Suggestions, and Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/)
-   -   Phone access (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/452033-phone-access.html)

CREEPERBOB 07-05-2013 03:46 PM

Phone access

For about the last week when I go to RCC on my phone I keep getting a pop up for Tap A Talk app and when I deny it it logs me out of the forum.
What's the deal, any one else have this happening?

JBailey 07-05-2013 04:06 PM

Re: Phone access

I haven't had this problem and I only use my phone. I'm on here everyday and almost all day lol.

CD13 07-05-2013 06:01 PM

Yep, me too. I don't have tap a talk so its like I'm being made to get it.

rc's suck 07-05-2013 06:49 PM

Been using it for years and love it so much easier. It's the only paid app I ever bought or will ever by. But everyone has there own likes and dislikes. If you do use forums that support tapatalk to make the purchase worth it i recommend trying it. I think they have a trail period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EeePee 07-05-2013 07:58 PM

It comes and goes for me on my iPod Touch. Some days it'll pop up every time, and then it'll be days without it. It doesn't log me out though.

Duuuuuuuude 07-05-2013 08:48 PM

I've got tapatalk but don't always use it.

Never been shut down when I denied it.

snapon boy 06-24-2015 08:18 AM

I know this is old but, I've been using forum runner and want to know about tap talk. On forum runner I rearly get any pictures just blanks where they were it also locks up often. Has anyone used both?

Thanks

sickcivic95 06-24-2015 02:52 PM

Tap a talk has come a long way from its beginnings. I use it on mainly my iPhone, and every once and a while on my iPad and like it. It makes quick work of viewing threads and have not had an issue with pics. The fixed a few bugs from 2 updates ago that really annoyed everybody and so far so good IMO. However I have not used forum runner in quite some time so I do not know how they currently compare.

snapon boy 06-25-2015 04:10 PM

Thank you for some insite on tap talk

sickcivic95 06-25-2015 10:43 PM

Not a problem, I'm actually on it right now after an update they just did and find it nice to quick view pics etc. the only downside they changed the location for the main forum list so it's kind of different from what I'm used to but still easy to navigate.

-Dan

humve 06-27-2015 08:58 AM

I don't use tape talk. But I did create a app that I can hit it and it takes me rite to RCC. The tap talk is still there but I don't really do anything with it. Its on top of the page.

CrawlinMike 06-27-2015 09:27 AM

You "created an app" or make a home screen shortcut?

humve 06-27-2015 11:20 PM

Now that I look at it was a short cut that I really like it and was easy to do. Was just on it today with the phone and the tap talk was not their.

CrawlinMike 06-27-2015 11:26 PM

I've used tapatalk for several years. On a few things I'll highlight a post and go to "web view" for the full site. Tapatalk is fast and easily navigated quickly for all subbed, participated, and new posts. As well as any forum sections fast. Convenience.

Natedog 06-30-2015 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrawlinMike (Post 5252577)
I've used tapatalk for several years. On a few things I'll highlight a post and go to "web view" for the full site. Tapatalk is fast and easily navigated quickly for all subbed, participated, and new posts. As well as any forum sections fast. Convenience.

I'm kinda an anti-app guy, ime most of them in Android world either slow the phone, crash/lockup the phone or in general cause weirdness with the phones battery life and efficient operation. My Iphone experience with apps has been better, but I limit them...I mean I have a browser so what do I need Tapatalk for? Can somebody enlighten us a little more on what does it really do that is going to help me browse better on a tiny azz screen.

CrawlinMike 06-30-2015 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedog (Post 5253905)
I'm kinda an anti-app guy, ime most of them in Android world either slow the phone, crash/lockup the phone or in general cause weirdness with the phones battery life and efficient operation. My Iphone experience with apps has been better, but I limit them...I mean I have a browser so what do I need Tapatalk for? Can somebody enlighten us a little more on what does it really do that is going to help me browse better on a tiny azz screen.

I explained pretty clear what it does. You expecting it to wipe your ass too? It shows up threads for an easier reading time and like I said if for any reason you want to view it in the browser highlight a post and go to web view. Takes you to the browser and that specific page and post. I'm on Apple too. You sound like my grandma who is afraid of using a cell phone darn new fangled contraptions with their vibrating and no cords. It's not complicated. If you don't want to use it just don't. I'm not pressing it on anyone it's just another option to make keeping up with the forum easier away from a desktop.

Natedog 06-30-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrawlinMike (Post 5253910)
I explained pretty clear what it does. You expecting it to wipe your ass too? It shows up threads for an easier reading time and like I said if for any reason you want to view it in the browser highlight a post and go to web view. Takes you to the browser and that specific page and post. I'm on Apple too. You sound like my grandma who is afraid of using a cell phone darn new fangled contraptions with their vibrating and no cords. It's not complicated. If you don't want to use it just don't. I'm not pressing it on anyone it's just another option to make keeping up with the forum easier away from a desktop.

Er whatever dude, no need for rudeness and put-downs. I've rooted a few phones etc., so not newbie or anti-technology. :flipoff: What do you mean by "shows up threads?" How does it make threads easier to read?

CrawlinMike 06-30-2015 11:03 AM

Here's a screenshot. It's got all the post in a single pane so no zooming and scrolling over. Photos are clickable and then zoom. YouTube links still work too.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...bb6899f775.jpg

CrawlinMike 06-30-2015 11:05 AM

Another of the Rccrawler home screen.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...4976aa5ab1.jpg

Natedog 06-30-2015 11:07 AM

Thank you, that answers all my questions, I'll try it. You know what they say about a pic...lol.