RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Comments, Suggestions, and Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/)
-   -   random question here but.... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/452502-random-question-here-but.html)

tnt-salvage 07-08-2013 08:53 PM

random question here but....

sorry if this question is stupid, but there were some giveaway threads recently that i entered in. i can find the super shafty one for the trans cases. but i can not seem to find the ones for the 1.9 wheels or the hi-tec 7955 servo. there may be one or two more but i forget and i cant find any of them? reason im asking is i thought one of them was ending tonight? or ended a few days ago?

thanks for the help

AddictedtoRC1 07-08-2013 09:10 PM

Re: random question here but....

Best thing to do is go into your settings and select to have the threads you post in automatically "subscribed" to. Or just remember to subscribed to them when you post in them.

tnt-salvage 07-08-2013 09:19 PM

okay that makes sense :)

Trubble 07-08-2013 11:55 PM

click on your own screen name,
look for statistics tab on your profile, click that,
look for "find all posts by (yourself)", it should be in there somewhere.

heartless 07-09-2013 12:37 PM

also to note - any thread that you post in will have a little crooked arrow added to the little envelope looking icon on the far right...

Perkolator 07-09-2013 02:58 PM

one could also use the search button (god forbid they search!) and literally search the word "giveaway" ;)

EeePee 07-09-2013 03:00 PM

Or, User CP in the upper left, then View All Subscribed Threads in the lower right and check your list.

1tonscout 07-09-2013 03:01 PM

I was wondering who has actually won anything?

EeePee 07-09-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1tonscout (Post 4392260)

I have once in 2005, but I used to do Giveaways for The Crawler Store and given away stuff to people for years. Literally, once a month almost, and people really won some great stuff.

tnt-salvage 07-09-2013 06:25 PM

thanks guys for the help. i have used the search box and all i could find were old giveaways and the super shafty one.

JeremyH 07-09-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1tonscout (Post 4392260)

Never...

EeePee 07-09-2013 06:31 PM

Use my method, as you'll see not everyone spells giveaway the same for some reason.

heartless 07-10-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EeePee (Post 4392259)
Or, User CP in the upper left, then View All Subscribed Threads in the lower right and check your list.

That is all fine and dandy IF the member actually subscribes to the thread - if they dont, then it is useless.

EeePee 07-10-2013 04:10 PM

If they posted in it, they've subscribed to it.

JeremyH 07-10-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EeePee (Post 4393608)
If they posted in it, they've subscribed to it.

That's an option that can be turned on and off."thumbsup"

TEDROCKZ 07-10-2013 07:10 PM

One of the threads he is referring to was my thread. I deleted it because it was over, finished, old news and people kept entering. Many people just can not read. The winner was chosen, PMed, mailed to, and he is servoing away happily. If I had the power to just lock the thread I would but I have to go through the act of getting in touch with a mod to do so. Waste of my and their time. I sell nothing and gain nothing from my giveaways(other than gaining an occasional friend) so extra effort is not vouched. Not trying to be an ass here just trying convey my thought...

Steve/TEDROCKZ

THX_138 07-10-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ (Post 4393771)
One of the threads he is referring to was my thread. I deleted it because it was over, finished, old news and people kept entering. Many people just can not read. The winner was chosen, PMed, mailed to, and he is servoing away happily. If I had the power to just lock the thread I would but I have to go through the act of getting in touch with a mod to do so. Waste of my and their time. I sell nothing and gain nothing from my giveaways(other than gaining an occasional friend) so extra effort is not vouched. Not trying to be an ass here just trying convey my thought...

Steve/TEDROCKZ

I do understand the entries after the giveaway ends can be a PIA.
In the future just drop me a quick PM and I will lock the thread when it's complete."thumbsup"

Dostradamas 07-11-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ (Post 4393771)

Steve/TEDROCKZ

Damn!
That means I did not win:cry:

johnnyh66 07-11-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dostradamas (Post 4394823)
Damn!
That means I did not win:cry:

oh don't fret lil D, we're all winners on RCC! :mrgreen:

Dostradamas 07-12-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyh66 (Post 4394828)
oh don't fret lil D

I fret all the time (guitar & bass not the worry kind8))
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyh66 (Post 4394828)
we're all winners on RCC! :mrgreen:

I think Wayne said it best :

Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.