Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Not at all pleased

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #1

Default Not at all pleased

I traveled to Maine on business and posted up a request as to where peeps trailed in Maine. I did this on Thursday of last week and received a moderator approval was required. I took the time, expense and effort to ship my rig ahead of me hoping to scale with some new people who enjoy the hobby. It is not Monday evening, I am in Maine, and no post has shown?? This is not what I expected from a forum dedicated to promoting the sport. Would someone be willing to explain why m y post was shunned? I spent over $200 shipping my rig and chargers and battery here and now back home without any response from peeps in Maine because my post was ignored. Is this the type of treatment I can expect by paying for my membership? Sorry, just a little peed off at spending the cash expecting to spend time with fellow scalers.
Runamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
MODERHATER™

Default Re: Not at all pleased

Sorry I don't go in the Maine section often, and other mods must have over looked it as well. I'll try to do a better job keeping up on that. I look more in the newbie section for posts needing approval.

Hope you have some fun and get out and crawl!!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
I traveled to Maine on business and posted up a request as to where peeps trailed in Maine. I did this on Thursday of last week and received a moderator approval was required. I took the time, expense and effort to ship my rig ahead of me hoping to scale with some new people who enjoy the hobby. It is not Monday evening, I am in Maine, and no post has shown?? This is not what I expected from a forum dedicated to promoting the sport. Would someone be willing to explain why m y post was shunned? I spent over $200 shipping my rig and chargers and battery here and now back home without any response from peeps in Maine because my post was ignored. Is this the type of treatment I can expect by paying for my membership? Sorry, just a little peed off at spending the cash expecting to spend time with fellow scalers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
Coming up to Freeport this weekend and will be there for 9 days on business. Am shipping my scx10 up and would like to know if there are any good scale areas close by.
As Patrick said, we apologize for any oversight but the regional sections aren't usually where posts land that require approval... we are all volunteers and review and moderate at random times... Apologies, but occasionally it might take a little bit for a post to appear.
If you ever make a post and it doesn't appear within a few hours, please do not hesitate to drop myself or any other moderator a quick PM to check on things.

Being your rig was there ahead of you, and Patrick immediately approved the thread you inquired about submitting 3 days prior on the 27th, looks like you only lost 3 advance days of post time before you arrived for your 9 days there in Maine on the 30th. Hopefully somewhere in your 9 days visit between the 30th and the 8th, someone will respond to you and you can get some wheel time in.

I live not far South in Northern Massachusetts and can say that Maine isn't the most active in the crawling hobby this time of year. Most anyone up around here with any spare time right now is taking full advantage of our last few weeks of decent daytime weather getting up their firewood for the Winter and other Winter prep work. A few cold nights and some light morning frosts lately makes everyone get to jumpin' on their pre-Winter duties... hobbies tend to fall by the wayside might be why you haven't yet received a reply to where a good place would be.

What I don't get is $200 to ship your RC I could fly round trip to Texas from here with my RC as a carry on for about the same price. One of my last RC purchases was from Washington state and a rather oversized 18 lb. box of stuff with insurance & tracking was $32.54 Priority Mail.

Don't forget to grab yerself a few tasty LOBSTA while you're here ayup!

Last edited by THX_138; 10-03-2013 at 10:29 PM.
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
R.I.P. Chip

The reason your post needed approval is because you have 0 posts. Until you get 10 posts your threads might not show up depending on certain keywords, links of phrases.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote

Not at all pleased - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Must say I am very pleased...and I went a little bat-$hit crazy Kenny G RC4WD Trail Finder 2 14 07-15-2012 03:41 AM
Another pleased black widow owner discgolferlee Axial AX-10 Scorpion 26 11-24-2008 08:51 PM
Half pleased with BL performance dabid Electronics 14 10-23-2007 07:07 PM